1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Issue with 6 speed manual transmission

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by alexu35, Jun 6, 2014.

1. Jun 6, 2014 at 11:39 AM
    alexu35

alexu35 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hi every one,
    Looks like my truck has trainy problems.
    I own 09 dual cab, manual Tacoma. Recently I have noticed that my backup lights and rear view camera quit working. First thing what I did, checked back light switch . When I disconnected the switch from trainy and pushed on it lights and camera turned on, so switch is obviously ok. Then I asked my buddy to shift from neutral to reverse several times and observe a little push linkage through switch hole in the trany. The linkage was just slightly moving and did not do push motion. Which means it doesn't push light switch.
    I have changed oil in trainy at 40 000 miles. Now mileage is 70 000.

Plese help me with this problem. Any input is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Alex

Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
  2. Jul 15, 2014 at 10:39 PM
    joeylynch

joeylynch New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    joey
    california
    Vehicle:
    2010 tacoma 6 speed manual
    Not sure if modified
    Have you ever clutchless shifted?
    I have a 2010 6 speed tacoma, and im pretty sure i wore the crap out of the syncros amd knocked the alignment out of the tranny

3. May 12, 2015 at 8:00 PM
    alexu35

alexu35 [OP] New Member

Member:
    In my case the switch was ok but mechanism ( some sort of pushing linkage) inside trainy is failed. I guess something just got loose inside.
    When I disconnect reverse lights switch to test it, lights and camera turn on if I press on the switch.
    So I ended up to cut wires of the switch extend them a little bit and rout them inside. Added after market toggle switch on a dash board. Now I have to turn revers lights and camera on manually by pressing a new switch.
    By the way that switch is located underneath on a right side of the vehicle approximately inline with a passenger door, near to engine exhaust line and exhaust temperature sensor.

Products Discussed in

To Top