1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Issues with Allpro Front Bumper

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by MDBigRed, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Dec 14, 2009 at 6:43 PM

MDBigRed [OP] Well-Known Member

May 29, 2008
    Potomac, MD
    '08 TRD Sport 4x4
    Uniden PC78Elite CB, 4' Firestiks, KC reverse/work lights, Mudflaps removed, Gorilla wheel locks, TRD box air intake, MBRP XP series dual exhaust, Wet Okole seat covers, 20% front tints, Pacer tailgate light bar, Uniden Bear Cat PA external speaker, 4.5" RCD Lift w/ extended ICON coilovers, door sill LED running lights, LED alarm scanner light, Scangauge II, Blendmount, Diff breather mod, Whelen hideaway 90watt strobes, Piaa Xtreme white bulbs, VIAIR onboard air, Allpro T-case sheild, TC LCA Skids, Stubbswelding HD-SKO Sliders, Weathertech floor mats, TC UCA's, Allpro SS brakelines, rear ARB locker, 4.56 Yukon gears, BlueSea fuse block, bed rail light bar, Shrockworks bumper, Smittybuilt XRC8 Comp winch, IPF 900's, Piaa 510's, Tekonsha brake controller, Air horn, Pop 'n lock, Alcan Spring leaf packs, JVC KD-AHD 69 head unit, 12voltguy winch controller, Safari Snorkel
    OK so it's time to get a bumper. I've researched my options: ARB, Allpro, or Shrockworks. I would like to get the Allpro as it looks the best, has fog light and off-road light capabilities, replaceable sections, and can hold a winch. I like the ARB and Shrockworks bumper as well, but they seem too bulky & heavy, and look goofy with the headlight bars in front.

Has anyone had any major issues with their front bumpers?? I heard that the winch plate was weak and can cause issues. Also any issues with the bumper hitting the headlights (coming up into the front end of grille). I do plan on putting a winch in this. any feedback is much appreciated :D
  2. Dec 14, 2009 at 7:12 PM

98lowflyingtacoma Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2009
    1998 Tacoma Prerunner
    the arb bumpers have holes on top for lights right into them so you do not need to add a bull bar on top of it.. The ARB bumper is large but heavty and can take a beating...
  3. Dec 14, 2009 at 7:16 PM

LonghornTaco Can you pass the bailout please?

Oct 6, 2008
    First Name:
    Black 09 4x4 TRD Off Road Doublecab
    3" ToyTec coilover lift on Bilstein 5100s, Total Chaos UCAs, ToyTec diff drop, Scangauge II, 4D MagLite mounted on the drivers seat, Painted engine cover, Painted calipers (red), Painted skid plate (red) Valentine 1 radar detector hard wired, Damplifier Pro on the floor, back wall and doors, Luxury Liner Pro on the floor and doors, Kenwood DNX8120, 2 Pioneer TS-SW1041D 10" shallow mount subs, 2 Pioneer PRS-D4200F 1200W amps, Mr Marv sub enclosure, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5" components in the front doors, Alpine 5.25" coaxials in the rear doors, A.R.E. LSII fiberglass tonneau cover, All Pro bumper, All Pro sliders, Wet Okole seat covers, Sockmonkey Mountain badges, PIAA 510 SMR Driving Lights, Warn M8000 Winch, Bud Built skids
    I have taken off, apart and reinstalled my All Pro bumper 4 times now (for various reasons) and it's fit different every single time. The multiple sections are nice on shipping (can go UPS, doesn't need freight) but honestly, the way it's all assembled and designed, I can't imagine damage to one section wouldn't cause damage to other sections.

I like the look of it, but when I start building on my truck again, I'm gonna replace mine with one from Shrockworks.
To Top