1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

its been a year now...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by echinacea, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Apr 19, 2011 at 11:28 AM
    echinacea

echinacea [OP] squiggy

Member:
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2010 4X4 6cyl Auto Offroad
    got my 2010 tacoma, extended cab, offroad edition, dark grey metallic at the first of April last year and i still love it!! I put a leer camper top on it with a kayak rack.

one of the surprising things about it that i like the most are the awesome anti-lock brakes! I was going down the merritt parkway in connecticut sunday afternoon and out from the brush comes a big 6 point buck and he runs right in front of me. im doing about 65 in the right lane and he isnt but a few car lengths out and hes on the shoulder headed for disaster. my reflex shot my hand to the horn and the brake on. the anti lock mechanism thumped hard and the horn made the deer twist around to go the other way. man that was close...but i think i could have averted total disaster just from braking.

2. Apr 19, 2011 at 1:18 PM
    SilverTacoZack

SilverTacoZack Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    Elgin, SC
    Vehicle:
    2011 FJ trail teams
    Glad you avoided an incident, but I've personally found the brakes to be a bit lacking in the Tacoma. In fact it is probably my only complaint. It got even worse when I upgraded to bigger wheels/tires. I think I'm going to upgrade to bigger brakes up front at some point.

3. Apr 19, 2011 at 1:24 PM
    anethema

anethema Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    J
    Dawson Creek,BC
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD OR Access cab 4x4
    ARB Bumper,OEM Roof rack modded for access cab, Allpro Rock Sliders,Icon Adjustable coilovers,More Tie Downs in bed, Firestone Airbags in rear,Block heater
    I avoid disaster with my bumper :D

[​IMG]

Take that 6 pointer!

4. Apr 19, 2011 at 1:38 PM
    radioactivemint

radioactivemint Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2011 Reg. Cab 4x4
    The brakes feel a bit spongy to me and so don't inspire much confidence, but when it comes time to use them hard they certainly do work well.

To Top