1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

It's kinda sad I have to ask...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by kjf216, May 12, 2010.

1. May 12, 2010 at 6:46 PM
    wvmountaintop

wvmountaintop Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    Hampshire County, WV
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma 4 Door LB Sport
    Weather Tech Floor Mats, Anytime Fog Light Mod, Belt Chime Mod, Extra D-Rings under Bed Bolt, ARE MX Topper, Bed Rug
    Go online dude... I live in the middle of no where and with my work that was my only option. I've been with a wonderful woman for almost two years now that I met on Match.com . Check out Plenty of Fish, it's a free site or Match.com or one of the other pay sites to find someone that is willing to invest a small amount to find a companion. You'd would be amazed at all the interesting women you can meet online... You may not find your dream girl but you will certainly put yourself in the path of opportunity you otherwise would not have. IIRC I heard that 1 in 5 relationships today begin online...

2. May 12, 2010 at 6:52 PM
    HondaGM

HondaGM CallSign Monke

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    South-Pole, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2023 access cab V6
    church is a good place to meet girls

3. May 12, 2010 at 7:29 PM
    TacomaDan

TacomaDan Don't go off ninjin

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Woodland, CA
    Vehicle:
    1996 Toyota Tacoma Fully Not Loaded
    Love, Cobra 29 LTD BT CB w/ A2000 Highgear antenna, FOX/Fabtech Coilovers, Magnaflow
    Im in the same boat bro. I just got divorced in February an I think im just gonna fly solo and see what happens. Ive had relationships inbetween relationships and never really been by myself. So I'm tryin it out.

4. May 12, 2010 at 7:35 PM
    lotsoftoys

lotsoftoys pavement is boring....

Member:
    First Name:
    Jace
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    98 lifted panda taco
    bunch of crap

dude i felt like i was reading my biography... we are alot alike... ur girlfriend is ur best friend, do anything and everything with. friends are cool, but gf is who you'd prefer to chill with. i may be in ur boat soon... my gf right now is pullin some weird shit. ive thought about things i am gonna start doin if it does end. im gonna go wheelin alot more, camping with friends. i joined an rc car club(i no lame but eh something to do) and i wanna play softball real bad. im gonna expand the number of people i chill with, friends of friends i hear are a great way to meet people.

5. May 12, 2010 at 7:41 PM
    callahansd

callahansd Guest

number one ima vote against a dating site, im glad for you guys its worked for but doesn't seem lika good option, two the church idea would only be good if your into that lifestyle already, i met my lady at work a year ago, just kinda fell into my lap, dont be so anxious, thats how you'll miss something good that could fall into your lap

6. May 12, 2010 at 7:50 PM
    TacomaDan

TacomaDan Don't go off ninjin

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Woodland, CA
    Vehicle:
    1996 Toyota Tacoma Fully Not Loaded
    Love, Cobra 29 LTD BT CB w/ A2000 Highgear antenna, FOX/Fabtech Coilovers, Magnaflow

I concur. Thats why im just living it out an not trying to force anything

7. May 12, 2010 at 8:53 PM
    ZonKs

ZonKs Can speak french in Russian.

Member:
    First Name:
    Ted
    Glendale, CA
    Vehicle:
    2018 Sport DCSB 4x4
    =p
    lol

8. May 13, 2010 at 5:03 AM
    under1630

under1630 Retired UPS driver

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    '08 PreRunner SR5 TRD Off Road
    Full cab Dynamat, Bilstein 5100's, aFe cat back exhaust, aFe stage 2 CAI, aFe throttle body spacer, 16x8 MotoMetal 951's, Hankook DynaPro MT 295/75 16
    Kyle,

I know what you're talking about. Just read what you wrote and I'm sure you can find the problem in there. You just go from one girl to another. When you do that you tend to bring with you the negative feelings toward your ex into the new relationship. And when you do that your mind and heart become confused. You can't separate the previous relationship with the first. You're not being fair to yourself, or the person you're with. You need to give yourself time so that you can repair yourself. There's nothing you can do about the person you were with, or for that matter the person you are with. The only person you can change is yourself.

So here's what you do. Stop looking and stop dating for a while. I would say 1 year at the least. Get to know Kyle. Start doing some introspection and find out what makes you tick. Like others said, take up a hobby. Find something you really enjoy doing that doesn't involve an intimate relationship. You're too young to let women fuck you up for the rest of your life. Worry about yourself. Because the bottom line is, if you're not happy with yourself then you can't possibly be happy with someone else.

Jon

9. May 13, 2010 at 5:08 AM
    blackwatertaco

blackwatertaco If you ain't stuck, You ain't tryin hard enough.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Alvin/Pasadena, Tx
    Vehicle:
    08 taco, 4x4 2.7 5spd.
    One fucked up diff. breather mod, 265/75/16 Destiny Dakota M/T Black gulf states rims BHLM Magnaflow 14" muffler with cut off tail pipe. 10" pioneer slim truck sub with JBL 600W amp. PROJECT BLACK OUT
    Dude...No shit, I found my GF on Craigslist...Im dead ass serious. I was drunk one night and just posted up an add. I totally forgot about it, Checked my Emails one day I had about 30 of them, Then my current GF Emails me and sends a pic...Holy shit I said. So I Emailed her back and so on...Now were talking getting married in a year or so.

Craigslist...Who would of thunk?

10. May 13, 2010 at 8:00 AM
    McJosh

McJosh avidoffroad.com

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Chandler
    Vehicle:
    2005 Reg. Cab 5 lug Tacoma
    Pioneer AVH-p2300DVD, 12" Memphis sub and Alpine MRP-M650 amp, 32" BFG AT tires and KMC wheels, tinted windows, satoshi grille w/ stainless steel mesh, Avid front & rear tube bumpers, Cobra wx75 CB with 3' firestik, GaragePro bucket seats, FlowMaster 40 series, aFe CAI, Black head lights, LoJack and Autopage alarm installed, Avid sliders.
    x100 plus they're freaks in bed!! ;)

11. May 13, 2010 at 8:03 AM
    NraFan

NraFan Join the NRA! Protect your freedom!

Member:
    First Name:
    JT
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2011 Sienna LE, rockin the mini van!
    Power sliding doors baby! WooHoo!
    Stay single for a bit. Enjoy some time to yourself to do the things you want to do. Get involved with some social activities. You will start to meet people and make friends as time goes on. You're young. Got plenty of time for girlfriends!

12. May 13, 2010 at 8:15 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    OK, here comes dinosaur with the life advice nuggets...........the harder you look the less you will find and/or what you do find won't be worth keepin. I suggest you develop your interests, follow your dreams, live your life and let it just happen. If you seem needy just because you don't have A girlfriend then that is a red flag to women. Just go about your business like it doesn't matter and things will fall into place. Never let a woman think you will fold up and die without her....even if that is the case. Or at least wait until you've been married happily for 25 yrs, then it's OK, lol.

13. May 13, 2010 at 9:27 AM
    Agent475

Agent475 "Mark It Zero"

Member:
    Waldorf, MD
    Vehicle:
    2006 Red TRD Sport
    Hood Struts, 3" Tuff Country Lift, Shortie Antenna, WeatherTechs, Tinted front windows, custom TRD seat covers, custom pedals, debadged, custom USMC badging, quasi-functional hoodscoop (i.e. I cut it open), black front Yota emblem, Tailgate Theft-Prevention mod, Horn Relocation mod, Old Man Emu Carrier Bearing Drop, Brighter Backup Lights Mod, Smittybilt Reciever Hitch Tow Point, currently working on Satoshi Grill Mod
    After a 6 year relationship and subsequent break-up, I'd think you'd want some time to yourself for a while... Maybe 6-8 months... Take that time to party with the guys, bang raunchy sluts (just remember to wrap it up), and figure out who you are...

I chose to stay single for a long time after a 3 yr relationship and that really did me some good... I spent my time on my own terms and got my N.U.T.S. (Non-negotiable Unalterable Terms) back. There is actually a great book on that... I decided what I wanted out of life, who I really am, and what I stood for as a man...Basically my own personal values in life.

Further, I had a blast in the meantime!

Another thing I discovered when I was single for several years – most women seek out men either right before winter or right before spring. Break-ups typically come up before right after holidays… Maybe this was just my experience in life – but I also read that somewhere too.

Anyway, good luck man… Use this time to do your thang.

14. May 13, 2010 at 9:58 AM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    Same here. I found mine at www.okcupid.com (free). Online is good because you can usually single out those that you know you won't get along with so there's less trial and error.

OKCupid has a bunch of questions that you can answer to improve your candidate response. Then they rank your matches based on compatibility with your answers (e.g. 70% friendly, 10% enemy). If there's someone you thought you'd like but the friend/enemy score doesn't seem right, you can send the other person a WTF report and it will show you specifically where you differ in the questions you answered.

There was one girl who showed interest and she seemed like a good candidate based on her writeup but her enemy was kind of high for me (40%) so I sent a WTF report. Turned out she was into pot and we differed on some moral questions that were important to me. I couldn't really be around pot due to my job. So it was a good heads-up. I eventually found someone and later got married. Couldn't be happier.

Another thing that was good about the site is that it allowed you to rank someone based on their picture/writeup. If you rate someone as 4 or 5 stars, they'll get a notice that someone liked their profile. They'll then include random pictures/profiles along with yours (so the person doesn't know who rated them). If they select you as a 4 or 5 out of the batch, it'll notify both of you that you both expressed interest. It was a pretty good mechanism for my personality type.

Products Discussed in

To Top