1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

It's snowing, what should I be doing?

Discussion in 'North East' started by SRC'07, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Dec 8, 2008 at 10:37 AM
    SRC'07

SRC'07 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Bath, Maine
    Vehicle:
    07 V6 4X4 XrtaCab
    Any pointers on how to keep my 07 4x4 Access Cab in good shape during the snowy and icy months in Maine?

2. Dec 8, 2008 at 10:53 AM
    longbow

longbow I see you now..................

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Silver Mica TRD 4 Door
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    Keep it in the garage :D

Joking aside, when you get a somewhat warm snap take and pressure wash it off. I don't do the car wash thing here in Indiana unless it is just jets, no brush or mops. That way they can do the underside also. If you got time now give it a good wax job.

If you get a long warm snap, after snow/ice and you want to use your hose, of course wash it, but hook a spinkler to the hose and place it under the truck, I have one of those tractors that follow the hose, make a few passes underneath.....good to go.

3. Dec 8, 2008 at 11:11 AM
    Jester243

Jester243 all I wanted was a god dang picture of a hotdog...

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Trail Premium 4Runner w/ KDSS
    some of this, a little of that
    We have a car wash that sprays the soap automatically however the truck is hand washed and hand dried. Ahh nothing like a nice warm soapy handjob in the middle of winter :D for the truck that is. Oh and when is the last time you waxed the truck?

4. Dec 8, 2008 at 12:14 PM
    longbow

longbow I see you now..................

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Silver Mica TRD 4 Door
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    You bet, neighbors think I'm nuts, but then again they wonder why I get so much when I do trade.
    But they are sloooooowly coming around. The ones with the nice rides are starting to pick up the ideas.

5. Dec 8, 2008 at 12:36 PM
    -TRDMAN-

-TRDMAN- ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Clarion Pa
    Vehicle:
    F-150
    don't leave it unatended or someone will hit it! at least thats my luck!!! lol

6. Jan 26, 2009 at 6:05 AM
    YDA-GRL

YDA-GRL New Member

Member:
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    01 Tacoma SR5 4x4
    I live in the far northern part of the state. My tacoma didn't start this morning due to the -40 temps. This is the first year I have had issues with cold morning starts but it seems to be the trend so I am having an engine heater put in as soon as I can.

I had to have the park brake replaced due to corrosion from road salt and lack of use.(its an automatic) So my mechanic reccomended I use it more often to keep it from freezing up.

Hope this helps..I would also welcome suggestions!

7. Jan 26, 2009 at 7:08 AM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    To add to those already good ideas

I Keep up with normal maintenance, oil change, anti-freeze flush, winter wipers, wash resvoir filled, good winter mats or liners, check air pressure. At least once every two weeks I go to an automatic touchless wash place. I wax before the season starts, claybar/polish/wax after. One of the members here convinced me this year to buy studded tires & they have absolutely my favorite upgrade so far this winter. Props to hoosier! No more ABS kicking in whatsoever!!

Another midweek storm a coming, get ready!!

Products Discussed in

To Top