1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Jack and Stand recommendations?

Discussion in 'Garage / Workshop' started by theredofshaw, Apr 14, 2013.

1. theredofshaw

theredofshaw [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    OKC
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma TRD sport DC
    Tailgate Anti-Theft Weathertechs Wet Okoles TW Sticker! Pop N Lock Handle TonnoPro Tri-folding cover
    Looking at getting a jack and jack stand (combo pack works as well) that I can utilize on both the camry and the taco. Now, when I weighed the truck right before a military move, it came out just shy of 2 tons (and this is with a couple gallons of gas and everything that can be removed, removed).

Should I go with the 3-ton jack and stands? Or would the 2 ton be sufficient?

If anyone has a set they bought of amazon/walmart/etc please post up a link.

2. takern

takern Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tanner
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    03 TRD Offroad stepside
    Deckplate mod, sliders, uniden cb, toolbox, dakar leaf pack, in search of coilovers, 255/85 16 bfg m/t waiting to go on
    The jackstands I have. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sunex-Jack-Stand-3-Ton-Pair/19257202
    Have used them quite a bit with no problems. easy to set up and they fit in my tool box.

Unfortunately I can be of no help as far as the jack goes because I have an old school floor jack from a farm auction many moons ago that my dad got when he was my age. Its big and yellow and weighs about 200lbs though

3. scocar

scocar Not one of the 10,000 Baja Edition Elite Guard

Member:
    First Name:
    Glitterdick
    In close proximity to an undisclosed location
    Vehicle:
    01 Xcab TRD 4x4 V6 Man. SR5
    OME 881s, Dakars, greasable shackles, Nitrocharger sports, extended exhaust hanger, BAMF BPV relocate, Wheeler's extended brake line, rear diff breather mod, swaybar removed, Pilot backup lights, Redline hood struts, 4Runner 5-stars, Hidden Hitch Class III, 7-pin marine-grade wiring
    For the truck, it is more height than wieght you need to worry about (the height you need will come with the weight capacity you need). Get a pair of 3-tons for the rear axle and a pair of 6-tons for the frame rails/front. You need the height of the 6-tons just to reach the frame rails, especially if you have larger tires.
    Here is the pair of 6 tons on the rear frame rails during suspension work. In this situation, you would likely also want a pair of smaller 3 tons to support the rear axle, depending on what you are doing:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 15, 2013
To Top