1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

japanese Type 99 arisaka rifle

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by KMN-BLU, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Mar 24, 2009 at 8:57 AM
    KMN-BLU

KMN-BLU [OP] less work/more play

Member:
    Destin, Fl
    Vehicle:
    2016 Limited DCSB 4x4 Blazing Blue
    Has anyone ever heard of this type 99 rifle or have any idea the value of it. from 1939-1945 era

There is one for sale locally that has matching numbers, still has the mum intact, and is in pretty good shape with the sling.

Its a 7.7 x 58 caliber

Offered to me at $350. Im considering it as I collect stuff like this. Just wondered if anyone has seen one.

Since it still has the mum it means it was a battlefield find. All of the surrendered versions had the mum scratched off upon capture.

2. Mar 24, 2009 at 9:06 AM
    Jester243

Jester243 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2008 Doublecab 4x4 IRP
    Front side windows tinted 27% to match the others, added Tacomaworld.com sticker, suspension TSB as of 7-21-09, Devil Horns by Andres, BFG's, Alpine with Bluetooth and Ipod contols, Rear view mirror relocation bracket, Ultragauge, Sylvania Silverstar fogs, Sylvania Silverstart Ultra headlights because Lifetime LED's are shit...
    Quickly looking I found them for $200 for ok condition. I also found one for $300 and one in great condition with the bayonet for $599

Since the mum is still there I would think it would be a great addtition to a personal collection. I guess it depends on if you can get them to move on the price or if it is something that they are firm on. I think it sounds pretty cool though. :thumbsup:

3. Mar 24, 2009 at 9:08 AM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 :POOPCORN: Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5, 88 SR5 PU, 98 TRD OR (CRUSHED)
    5100's all on fours
    I cannot vouche for the price, but having the mum intact is a huge plus.

4. Mar 24, 2009 at 9:11 AM
    Jester243

Jester243 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2008 Doublecab 4x4 IRP
    Front side windows tinted 27% to match the others, added Tacomaworld.com sticker, suspension TSB as of 7-21-09, Devil Horns by Andres, BFG's, Alpine with Bluetooth and Ipod contols, Rear view mirror relocation bracket, Ultragauge, Sylvania Silverstar fogs, Sylvania Silverstart Ultra headlights because Lifetime LED's are shit...
    this is from Wikianswers ( http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Value_of_an_all_original_arisaka_type_99 ) so I don't know the accuracy:

5. Mar 24, 2009 at 9:16 AM
    KMN-BLU

KMN-BLU [OP] less work/more play

Member:
    Destin, Fl
    Vehicle:
    2016 Limited DCSB 4x4 Blazing Blue
    Yea, i wouldnt even consider it without the mum intact. I have way to many guns already and quite a few from this era. I like the ones that are a piece of history though or has a good story behind it.

I found a great page to deciphor the markings though

http://www.radix.net/~bbrown/japanese_markings.html

thx for the input though. I hoping to get a little better deal on it. I found a matching bayonet for under a $100 already

6. Mar 24, 2009 at 9:18 AM
    Jester243

Jester243 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2008 Doublecab 4x4 IRP
    sounds good, I really wish I had the money to collect like this.

To Top