1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

JBA Offroad Upper Control Arms And Suspension MEGA Thread BS thread

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by tcBob, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Mar 1, 2019 at 5:15 PM
    oscolivar1

oscolivar1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Oliver
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma Limited
    Bilstein 8112/8100, JBA UCAs, Icon RXT leaf pack, work wheels 17x8.5;-10os, 285/75/17 cooper LTX AT3, Mobtown HC rear bumper and Sliders, SSO front bumper, BAMF greceased grill.
    I meant more positive caster like 2.5-3. But if you like how it drives. Drive the hell out of it and just keep an eye out on tire wear.

The truck looks amazing by the way!

I only mentioned the ball joint cuz I didn’t know there was 2 warranties out for 2 previous coatings. This is my 2nd change out

2. Mar 1, 2019 at 5:24 PM
    charlieyankee88

charlieyankee88 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD OR DCSB MT
    RADFLO Suspension, JBA HD UCAs, Mobtown low pro bumper, Mobtown bolt-on sliders, Engo SR10s, SCS Stealth 6, AFE CAI, URD Spec U, OV Tuned, Gobi Rack, Softopper, CMC
    Hmm. I changed out probably back in November. Is that the newest coating? My previous set was more shiny chrome looking. My new ones are the dual silver. Same coating they use on weapons and stuff. Thanks, btw.

3. Mar 1, 2019 at 5:30 PM
    FastEddy59

FastEddy59 TTC #0061

Member:
    First Name:
    Eddie
    Smack, Dab in the middle of Winnipeg
    Vehicle:
    '13 Barc. Red Tacoma SR5 4X4
    Rigid 23004 Radiance light bar Cheap 3K 18W LED Fogs General AT-2's Pioneer AVH4200NEX w/ iDatalink JL XD5003V2 Focal 165KRX2's JL 10TW3 Arcticstart 803
    Yes, I do believe that's the new coating.

RobP62 likes this.
  4. Mar 1, 2019 at 6:25 PM
    oscolivar1

oscolivar1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Oliver
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma Limited
    Bilstein 8112/8100, JBA UCAs, Icon RXT leaf pack, work wheels 17x8.5;-10os, 285/75/17 cooper LTX AT3, Mobtown HC rear bumper and Sliders, SSO front bumper, BAMF greceased grill.
    If they start looking like mine did For the 2nd change out within 3 months it’s not the new coating lol.

3B2B5A15-8B39-439B-8737-1258D44327CD.jpg

5. Mar 1, 2019 at 9:37 PM
    charlieyankee88

charlieyankee88 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD OR DCSB MT
    RADFLO Suspension, JBA HD UCAs, Mobtown low pro bumper, Mobtown bolt-on sliders, Engo SR10s, SCS Stealth 6, AFE CAI, URD Spec U, OV Tuned, Gobi Rack, Softopper, CMC
    Oh yah. Those were what my last ones looked like.

6. Mar 7, 2019 at 11:54 AM
    smiles2

smiles2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 Blue Tacoma TRD Offroad
    Anybody put 285/75R16 BFg ko2 on a 3rd gen with factory Trd offroad wheels and jba upper control arms? I’m looking at this avenue but the BFg website says minimum 7.5” wheel required. I’m planning on cmc too. Any thoughts?

7. Mar 7, 2019 at 12:01 PM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    You'll need wheel spacers to fit the tires

RobP62 likes this.
  8. Mar 7, 2019 at 12:02 PM
    smiles2

Member:
    Vehicle:
    I plan on 1.25 spacers. Will they actually fit on the wheel or is it too narrow?

9. Mar 7, 2019 at 12:18 PM
    Texoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    You need to know what size your wheel is and you'll be able to answer that.

10. Mar 7, 2019 at 12:28 PM
    smiles2

Member:
    Vehicle:
    They might be 16x7. I've seen people put that size tire but I'm not sure if it has any negative effects.

11. Mar 7, 2019 at 12:34 PM
    raco.the.taco

raco.the.taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    Locked, Geared & 1/2 Long Traveled
    Pelfreybilt Front Bumper, All-Pro Rear Bumper & Sliders, 35's, Toytect Boss Coilovers, JBA UCA's, DTF SUA Kit w/ E30 Deavers, Wheelers superbumps, Front & Rear Locked, 4.56 Gears
    Hey guys, I am trying to replace my jba uca bushings and I can not get them out. Any suggestions?

12. Mar 7, 2019 at 1:06 PM
    Texoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    The rubber OEM style bushings?

13. Mar 7, 2019 at 4:06 PM
    raco.the.taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    Pelfreybilt Front Bumper, All-Pro Rear Bumper & Sliders, 35's, Toytect Boss Coilovers, JBA UCA's, DTF SUA Kit w/ E30 Deavers, Wheelers superbumps, Front & Rear Locked, 4.56 Gears
    Yes. It looks like there is a metal sleeve between the uca and the bushing as well. I have the first edition with no zerts to grease the bushings.

14. Mar 7, 2019 at 5:06 PM
    Texoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    What are you replacing them with?

15. Mar 7, 2019 at 5:18 PM
    raco.the.taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    Marlins Replacement Bushings

16. Mar 7, 2019 at 5:26 PM
    Unchained 5150

Unchained 5150 Rick

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Auburn Ma
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD Poser Pro Manual.
    These are the new coating.

[​IMG]

17. Mar 7, 2019 at 5:29 PM
    Texoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    Ok, you'll need to get the rubber and the casing out. Kind of a bitch. I torched the rubber with Mapp gas until all of it was gone. Propane takes forever. Then you have to score the shell of the bushing with a metal cutting blade such as a hack saw. Do this top and bottom. Then beat the shell upwards to deform it, the it should come out easily. I wouldn't suggest the bottle jack method as you could bend the control arm. Putting the TC bushings in is super easy compared to getting the old rubber out.

raco.the.taco[QUOTED] likes this.
  18. Mar 7, 2019 at 9:55 PM
    raco.the.taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    Thank you. Sounds horrible :bananadead:

19. Mar 8, 2019 at 3:37 AM
    Texoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    When I did mine, I drilled n tapped holes to make them greasable

20. Mar 9, 2019 at 11:05 AM
    smiles2

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Anybody run relations racing wheels with 285/70R17 wheels with the jba UCAs on a 3rd gen?

raco.the.taco likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top