1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

JBL basspro go? bluetooth speaker doubles as car sub

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by 5nahalf, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Dec 7, 2018 at 1:33 PM
    5nahalf

5nahalf [OP] I build dumb things

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    2018 Inferno Longbed
    So I found something from JBL, its called the basspro go.... Its pretty much just a giant bluetooth speaker, but it docks in your car where it becomes a subwoofer (comparable to a 8 inch)

This seems like something that the Tacoma should of come with from the factory.... a truck thats designed for off road adventure would be a huge market to have this.

You drive out on some dirt trails, make it to a remote camping spot. Flip the back seat down and pull out what used to be your subwoofer and hook it up to your phone to play music around the camp fire.

I cant seem to find much about this thing though, everything ive read says "summer of 2017" but no actual product.

2. Dec 10, 2018 at 9:45 PM
    paleh0rse

paleh0rse Well-Known Member

Member:
    Raleigh, NC
    Vehicle:
    2019 Cement Tacoma TRD Off-road DCLB
    The new Jeep Gladiator offers detachable bluetooth speakers that you can take out and set up around your campsite. Pretty cool concept IMO, and I'd definitely be interested in a Tacoma version.

It's obviously easy to do this separately with any bluetooth speaker. However, the unique aspect of Jeep's offering is that the audio source is actually the vehicle's head unit, not your mobile devices, which then adds all of the built-in vehicle speakers to the soundstage, as well.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  3. Dec 11, 2018 at 7:27 AM
    5nahalf

5nahalf [OP] I build dumb things

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    2018 Inferno Longbed
    Infinity made a version that I dont think ever made it to market either, but theirs was a small bluetooth speaker, disc shaped but it sets into the center top of the dash and turns into a center channel speaker for the rest of the audio system.

There are so many times when I would use something like this, even just hanging out in the yard with the kids I would use this.

paleh0rse[QUOTED] likes this.
  4. Dec 12, 2018 at 7:27 AM
    Deacon Blues

Deacon Blues Well-Known Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2017 SR5
    It's going to sound like exactly what it is, a tiny cheap speaker in a tiny cheap enclosure.

Don't expect any real bass from that.

mctechhweng likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top