1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

JBL or NON JBL

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by timkins42, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Aug 30, 2011 at 4:34 AM
    brian

brian Another Traitor

Member:
    Roseville, CA
    Vehicle:
    I own a tank
    If you REALLY want the JBL system....I am about to rip out my JBL amp. I still have my JBL head unit and the rear speakers at my other place in Cape Cod. Its been sitting for a year or two but I see no reason why it wouldn't work. I haven't replaced the front speakers yet, but they will be replaced at the same time the amp is.

Wiring from the head unit to the amp is stupid simple. There's only two or three wires IIRC, its all digital. The only pain in the butt you'd have is wiring the amp up for power and to the speakers. If this sounds acceptable to you, then I will be back in Cape Cod in november and I will package up what I have there. I will throw you a good deal, seeing as I'm not doing anything with the gear, its just collecting dust.

2. Aug 30, 2011 at 12:35 PM
    jimreghi

jimreghi Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Ft. Hood
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport 4x4 Double Cab
    K&N air filter...
    I appreciate the offer, but as I've done some research and I think that I will take a different route. I'm sure someone on here will jump at that system....

3. Aug 30, 2011 at 8:23 PM
    brian

brian Another Traitor

Member:
    Roseville, CA
    Vehicle:
    I own a tank
    Doubtful, but you're welcome :)

4. Sep 5, 2011 at 10:28 AM
    nubbs

nubbs Only from the waist down.

Member:
    First Name:
    Reverend
    Fontana, Ca
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD
    3.5" CST Spindle, 5100 Series Bilstien Shocks, 1 1/4" Spidertrax Wheel Spacers, 295/75/16 BFG AT's, EBC Slotted and Dimpled Rotors, EBC Green Stuff Pads, K&N Drop-in, Pioneer Avic-Z110BT GPS Head Unit w/ E-Brake Mod, Ipod Integration, Integrated Pioneer XM Radio Receiver, 6 1/2" Infinity Kappa Separates, 6 1/2" Infinity Kappa Coaxles, Custom Speaker Adapters, PAC Stealth Backup Camera (Because anyone in a double cab knows you can't see the tailgate.)
    If you like the sound of the JBL system then perhaps you should look into one of their aftermarket amps, paired with a good set of door speakers. I and a few others I know have run their amps and they're always clean, clear and seemingly bullet proof. I had a dual coil Kicker SB sub running off one of their 2 channel amps for the longest time and it was flawless.

Goodluck

To Top