1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

JBL Wire diagram

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by LBCtaco, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Oct 16, 2008 at 2:59 PM
    LBCtaco

LBCtaco [OP] Member

Member:
    Long Beach
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD Sport
    5100's w/885's, Toytec AAL, Konig Countersteer Offroad Type-X, K&N Intake, 6K HID's, Yellow Fog Lights, Color Matched Running boards, , Snug top SL Lid
    Any one have a PDF of the wire diagram of the JBL system with steering wheel controls?

2. Oct 28, 2008 at 12:12 AM
    hurricane

hurricane Member

Member:
    Whitehorse
    Vehicle:
    speedway blue
    wheels,stereo, step bars,roof rack.
    I'm trying to install the premium JBL with the mini amp into my O7. One truck plug is to big to fit the JBL?
    Have you had any luck with a wiring diagram because I think I'm going to have to make one up because I can't find an adaptor.

Thanks,
    Wayne

3. Oct 28, 2008 at 9:07 PM
    LBCtaco

LBCtaco [OP] Member

Member:
    Long Beach
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD Sport
    5100's w/885's, Toytec AAL, Konig Countersteer Offroad Type-X, K&N Intake, 6K HID's, Yellow Fog Lights, Color Matched Running boards, , Snug top SL Lid
    I did lots of research on harnesses and what will fit in the JBL system. What i found out is the Toyota harness will work if you want to bypass the whole JBL system. If you want to maintain the JBL system then you will have to go with the Metra TYTO-01 harness. It allows you to use the JBL amp. I wanted to go this route but decided to just bypass the JBL after hearing what it sounds like. I went to the local shop to buy the harness and they happened to have a tacoma w/JBL system in the shop getting a new Head unit. The installer let me stay for the whole install and let me hear it. Wasn't impressed. The owner had a tacoma and bypassed the JBL It sounded way better. I havent had any time to do the install but i do have everything i need. I am using the Metra standard toyota harness, and the Metra JBL 8 wire bypass harness (70-8117)

Products Discussed in

To Top