1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

JDMCQ's Garage

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by JDMcQ, Jul 26, 2009.

1. Dec 23, 2012 at 9:41 AM
    acdronin

acdronin Well-Known Member

Member:
    Was gonna go work today, can't get my truck out of the driveway because the back neighbor's son and GF got into a fight and the son got arrested for warrants and he had the keys to the van that is parked behind my truck now. Landlord called, it's her sis that lives in the back house, landlord said she's gonna have AAA come and tow the van out. Either way it's raining off and on and I don't feel too crazy about working outside today anyways. Maybe I should just cook up some bacon, have breakfast and watch football all day:)

2. Dec 23, 2012 at 9:44 AM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    damn.

quite the soap opera you've got there...

3. Dec 23, 2012 at 9:45 AM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    As the stomach turns

4. Dec 23, 2012 at 9:48 AM
    Haslefre

Haslefre Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brady
    TN
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra
    Some flags and center console divider... lots of things on the wanted list.
    Mmmm.. Bacon. I has no bacon at the house. I guess I could go grocery shopping.

5. Dec 23, 2012 at 9:50 AM
    acdronin

Member:
    Not my soap opera thank god, those days are long past for me. The young couple went out drinking and came back to pick up the baby and the mom refused because they had been drinking, she made the right call but the young mother flipped out and caused a ruckus and got the cops called. The dude went to jail on a bench warrant and won't get to see a judge until wed, ahhhh, Christmas in jail, never experienced that one.

6. Dec 23, 2012 at 9:55 AM
    Haslefre

Member:
    First Name:
    Brady
    TN
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra
    I haven't spent any holiday in jail yet... unless you call a deployment "jail." Actually, we get treated worse over there I think.

But I have spent one night in jail on a wrongful arrest charge. Got dropped when they realized I was telling the truth of who I was.

7. Dec 23, 2012 at 9:56 AM
    acdronin

Member:
    Got me some Farmer John's on sale friday, got eggs and english muffins too. Got leftover sausage and linguini in red sauce with mushrooms (family recipe), sauce is so thick you can spoon it out with a fork so dinner is good to go, maybe I'll get a loaf of sourdough and do up some garlic bread with butter, drizzle of olive oil and a little bit of oregano. Yep, great grub, comfy couches, no women and football on the '52 with 7.1 surround sound. Life ain't too bad:)

Gonna be a good game tonight, go Niners!

8. Dec 23, 2012 at 9:58 AM
    Haslefre

Member:
    First Name:
    Brady
    TN
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra
    I've got to be at the FIL's family's house for Christmas dinner stuff tonight. Hope I can get out early enough to see part of the game.

9. Dec 23, 2012 at 10:03 AM
    acdronin

Member:
    Take it they are not football fans?

10. Dec 23, 2012 at 10:05 AM
    Haslefre

Member:
    First Name:
    Brady
    TN
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra
    They are, just not west coast team fans. I am sure I can get the game to be on TV. Not my favorite side of her families to go to. They are a little odd. I don't fit in with them at all. Her dad is definitely the normal one of that whole family.

11. Dec 23, 2012 at 10:12 AM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    Morning B. How's it going?

Took the girls for their walk, but no where near the clay. Hope you have a peaceful drive.

How's it going Scott? He's around, just not very often.

:laugh:

Congrats Dave!!!

12. Dec 23, 2012 at 10:14 AM
    acdronin

Member:
    my SIL's family invites us over for Christmas dinner every year, don't really care for any of them but they're cordial and don't get drunk and out of hand, meh? It's a free meal. Since Jake left for college I don't do a lot of cooking anyways since it's just me and my dad. There is an awesome Italian deli, a screamin Taqueria and Safeway within two blocks of my house.

13. Dec 23, 2012 at 10:38 AM
    AK27

AK27 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Housecleaning too :bored:

14. Dec 23, 2012 at 10:42 AM
    Haslefre

Member:
    First Name:
    Brady
    TN
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra
    I wouldn't think working where you do has any impact on it. Tax law should be tax law. Oh well, like you said you get it back. I still go with "0" but I need to change mine to married sooner or later. I probably will when I go to work for next years taxes. Hopefully it doesn't hurt me too bad with the change. Not much of a yearly pay raise for this guy. Military is back down to only 1.9% a year or so. But, I don't actually make much taxable income, so I guess it probably won't hurt.

15. Dec 23, 2012 at 10:46 AM
    Haslefre

Member:
    First Name:
    Brady
    TN
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra
    I had my taxes screwed up one year for state. I am an Oregon resident, but Oregon law says I don't need to pay the taxes since I am military and reside out of state. My preparer screwed them up, and I get a nasty letter saying I owed 2900 to the state of Oregon. I scrambled, went to HR block and had it fixed. It just sucks I still have to file into the state of Oregon even though I don't pay them.

16. Dec 23, 2012 at 11:02 AM
    Haslefre

Member:
    First Name:
    Brady
    TN
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra
    [​IMG]
    Turns out, it wasn't from a bad seating. It's actually a weak frickin coil...

PS, not me.

17. Dec 23, 2012 at 11:03 AM
    AK27

AK27 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Your very jolly looking Brady.......

18. Dec 23, 2012 at 11:04 AM
    Haslefre

Member:
    First Name:
    Brady
    TN
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra
    Not me... should have explained that :)

19. Dec 23, 2012 at 11:06 AM
    AK27

AK27 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Lol

20. Dec 23, 2012 at 11:16 AM
    oldtacomaguy

oldtacomaguy four forty four

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    SE Conn.
    Vehicle:
    08 SR-5 4WD Impulse Red Pearl
    Alpine deck and amp, Polk speakers front and rear, Kenwood subwoofer, windows tinted to 20%, Sockmonkey decals, TSB, Eibach springs and Bilstein 5100's
    Total surprise, they have been together for 6 years and were starting to think about fertility testing. My son is 32 and most likely won't get married or have kids (but you never know), he seems to be a confirmed bachelor for life. I was starting to think I wouldn't be a grandfather. It's still not really "official", but the HPT was positive.
    I have not been on the bike for a few weeks due to me being kind of a weather wimp, so I went to the gym this morning. I'm already sore.:eek:

Products Discussed in

To Top