1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

job possiblity..let me know what you think

Discussion in 'Jobs & Careers' started by wildjerseyfirefighter, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Dec 3, 2009 at 8:43 PM
    wildjerseyfirefighter

wildjerseyfirefighter [OP] I sell fishing and fishing accessories

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma TRD Sport
    stock, for now
    A buddy of mine just got a new job at a union dealership..they are a major one for ford,toyota,lexus,mazda,honda, but he's in the detail shop. I was talking to him tonite, and he says its $8/hr to start, then every 4 weeks they get a .50 cent raise, up to $17/hr since its a union shop. Full benefits,excellent prices on cars(pretty much employee pricing), and its only going to be no more then $2 in tolls down there and back(its about 20 mins to this place)..Says everyone is cool there, no assholes, but he's only been there 4 days so far. Im really tempted to try this job out, ive got nothing to loose at this point being im in a dead end job right now:rolleyes:..Just wondering if its something to look at..I keep looking at that $8hr and it makes me nervous..As right now, I average almost $12/hr at my job now with a crappy base pay, plus comission..I hate going there every day, but its literally like 10 mins from my house so I dont spend much in fuel all week. O yea, the detail shop he works at lets you have full use of the shop after hours, so my tacoma will always be clean:D plus theres no nights or weekends:D:D:D One thing I hate about my job right now, one night, plus I have to work saturdays:mad:

2. Dec 3, 2009 at 8:54 PM
    wildjerseyfirefighter

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma TRD Sport
    stock, for now
    i agree, i like risks. Im not a big fan of change thou. After 4 years in my current job, im "comfortable"

3. Dec 3, 2009 at 8:59 PM
    wildjerseyfirefighter

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma TRD Sport
    stock, for now
    lol...i dont mind risks at all. theres not much I wont get into, and try to figure it out as I go. I dont take smart risks, I have a motorcycle..lol

4. Dec 13, 2009 at 5:43 PM
    wildjerseyfirefighter

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma TRD Sport
    stock, for now
    I'm not sure on the benefits, I think he said there included. I was talking to my buddy the other day and he was talking to the guy who does the hiring, and said to come down and talk to him about $10/hr.:cool: Hell its not bad, im just tired of my current job.:rolleyes: I still need to find out about vacation time and such, that will be a big factor for me..Maybe sometime this week I'll go there and see whats up.

And yes, im a mechanic but I hate it. Hate getting greasy dirty every day:mad:

To Top