1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

joining the military

Discussion in 'Military' started by 619ivanru, Oct 30, 2011.

1. Oct 30, 2011 at 2:13 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    You are allowed to be wrong all you want. I can only show you the right answers not make you get off your high horse and believe them.

2. Oct 30, 2011 at 2:18 PM
    Unknown

Unknown He who angers you conquers you

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    Unknown
    Unknown
    Idk if in your location there are not but I take my AVSAB on NOV 16 :)

Hopefully i get moar then 75 on it lmao

3. Oct 30, 2011 at 2:21 PM
    Konaborne

Konaborne Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
    ASVAB is ez sauce.
    I got a 96 :cool:

And now that score counts for absolute nadaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!

4. Oct 30, 2011 at 2:24 PM
    Unknown

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    Unknown
    Unknown

I have never been good in math :eek:

5. Oct 30, 2011 at 2:25 PM
    Warhorseforever

Warhorseforever Will The Thrill

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Sand Lapper
    Vehicle:
    2001 Toyota Tacoma Pre-Runner SR5
    Kenwood KDC-348U HU Kicker DS65 Front Doors Only 2 Polk Audio MM840 Kenwood KAC 8105D for subs SuperCrewSound.com behind rear seat sub box
    When I was stuck in 8 foot swells and growing, 30+ miles off shore with a blown motor and no way of getting home I didn't give a damn whether they were or not. They saved us and that's all that mattered. As far as I know they are setup just like any other military service. They have ranks, pay grades per rank, uniforms, military style training, deployments, and a kick ass job to boot. Military or not they are awesome.

6. Oct 30, 2011 at 2:30 PM
    Konaborne

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
    It's just basic arithmatic and a tiny bit of algebra/geo.

have you tried the study guides?

Go Army!

(This crap stirring comment brought to you by: Pineapples! )

7. Oct 30, 2011 at 2:40 PM
    brian

brian Another Traitor

Member:
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Vehicle:
    2017 F-250 Powerstroke
    Our ranking structure is the same that of the Navy, and we've been around longer than the Navy. Our military customs is the same that of the Marines. When we get punished, it is based on the Uniformed Code of Military Justice. When penalized, we go to Leavenworth. We are an armed service, that is undeniable. We in fact do go overseas, my ship right after I left was part of the Abraham Lincoln battle group that went out of hemisphere.

You may be overseas more, but when the shit comes to the homefront, who will be first response. We are. Aside from fighters on alert status and can fly much faster then our helos, we are authorized Airborne Use of Force in defense of the homeland. We are trained in airborne intercept, and our ships are outfitted with 76mm cannons, 25mm machine guns, SRBOC and Phalanx systems capable of being quite destructive.

Let alone how everyday we pull people out of the water, enforce security zones, conduct safety patrols, maintain aids to navigation, break ice, conduct counter-narcotic missions, interdict alien migrant immigration, and the one that cracks me up is telling the Navy ships to shut off their damn EPIRBS because they've been going off for two days and deny it becuase they think they're god. (Did that one personally :))

So ya know what... You're right, we're not part of the military, we're alot MORE than the military. You guys are starting to piss me off on this one.....

8. Oct 30, 2011 at 2:42 PM
    brian

brian Another Traitor

Member:
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Vehicle:
    2017 F-250 Powerstroke
    On top of that.... anyone care to explain why a large percentage of Coast Guard is prior service individuals? Think they might know something you dont? Go sit on your little pedestals thinking you're such a badass... I don't want to hear you complain about how your job sucks because you're working your ass off doing the same shit every day, day in, day out, and you're too ignorant to admit you made the wrong decision.

Prime example. My good friend from high school is in the Air Force, working on C-130s just like me. He hates life. Too much politics, bullshit and people sitting around pushing off their work on others. I look around on my hangar deck and there is not a SINGLE PERSON who hates working here. We are proud of what we do, and that in itself makes morale 100x better.

9. Oct 30, 2011 at 2:44 PM
    brian

brian Another Traitor

Member:
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Vehicle:
    2017 F-250 Powerstroke
    Oh yes, you pushed my buttons tonight boys. Lets hear it.

10. Oct 30, 2011 at 2:46 PM
    Sje1124

Sje1124 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2010 DBL Cab TRD OR 4x4
    Just a few
    Coast guard is the way to go! Have had a great 2 and a half years in so far.

11. Oct 30, 2011 at 2:47 PM
    Unknown

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    Unknown
    Unknown
  12. Oct 30, 2011 at 2:52 PM
    brian

brian Another Traitor

Member:
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Vehicle:
    2017 F-250 Powerstroke

The recruiters will never return your call. They never returned my call when I joined. It took me a year and a half to get in. Why? Because we have such a high retainment rate (very few people get out of the CG after 6 or 8 years, most do a full 20 years and get a retirement). I wonder why? ;)

If you want to get into the Coast Guard, harass your recruiter, call him every day until he answers you. Its the only way. Right now we are pretty booked up, but should be able to sneak in a couple every month or two.

13. Oct 30, 2011 at 3:04 PM
    Konaborne

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
  14. Oct 30, 2011 at 3:06 PM
    CGtaco

CGtaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Phillip
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma TRD 4x4
    Fog light Mod Total Chaos UCA's Front Icons Rear Icon / res

Hey OP join what ever branch you want. Good luck. Find a rating that interests you. But in my short 5 years in the Coast Guard as an AET on C130 I have seen lots of guys from different branches that now love the Coast Guard.

REMEMBER THESES WORDS.

1. To take charge of this post and all government property in view.

2. To walk my post in a military manner, keeping always on the alert and observing everything that takes place within sight or hearing.

3. To report all violations of orders I am instructed to enforce.

4. To repeat all calls from posts more distant from the guardhouse (or the Quarterdeck) than my own

5. To quit my post only when properly relieved.

6. To receive, obey, and pass on to the sentry who relieves me, all orders from the Commanding Officer, Command Duty Officer, Officer of the Deck, and Officers and Petty Officers of the watch only..

7. To talk to no one except in the line of duty.

8. To give the alarm in case of fire or disorder.

9. To call the Corporal of the Guard/Officer of the Deck in any case not covered by instructions.

10. To salute all officers and all colors and standards not cased.

11. To be especially watchful at night and during the time for challenging, to challenge all persons on or near my post, and to allow no one to pass without proper authority.

15. Oct 30, 2011 at 3:15 PM
    brian

brian Another Traitor

Member:
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Vehicle:
    2017 F-250 Powerstroke
    And the only one of those I ever remember was #5... haha. Relief often comes late :D Very good point though Phil, 11 GENERAL ORDERS....

16. Oct 30, 2011 at 3:25 PM
    CGtaco

CGtaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Phillip
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma TRD 4x4
    Fog light Mod Total Chaos UCA's Front Icons Rear Icon / res
    Remembered cause of FULL Metal Jacket.

17. Oct 30, 2011 at 4:08 PM
    Mxpatriot

Mxpatriot Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '06 4x4 AP LT and Locked

[​IMG]

18. Oct 30, 2011 at 4:21 PM
    Underdog777

Underdog777 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Gilberz
    Vehicle:
    '06 Stuckrunner
    Camburg LT.
    Join the Army.

1) We're not the Navy.
    2) We're not a Department of the Navy
    3) We're not the Chair Force

19. Oct 30, 2011 at 4:42 PM
    PVT Pablo

PVT Pablo

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Kitsap County, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 4Runner TRD Pro
    Another +1 for Coast Guard. I've never met a coastie that regretted joining.

20. Oct 30, 2011 at 4:46 PM
    Underdog777

Underdog777 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Gilberz
    Vehicle:
    '06 Stuckrunner
    Camburg LT.
    Usually people that regret joining any branch are weak hearted pussies that didn't think through what they were doing, and though because someone else could do it they could do it. A couple hundred thousand people are going to realize that they can't make it in the Army because the Army is going back to the way things used to be....with some modernized change.

Products Discussed in

To Top