1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

June 8th -- Return to the Pits -- Hardrock

Discussion in 'Florida' started by 2010TRD, May 22, 2013.

1. Jun 6, 2013 at 2:03 PM
    michaelrussell

michaelrussell Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    belleview,FL
    Vehicle:
    09 prerunner sr5 2.7 / 5 speed
    lots of stuff done more to do
    Both of y'all will do better then me in my prerunner if it gets to bad I might have to park and ride with someone

2. Jun 6, 2013 at 2:34 PM
    2010TRD

2010TRD [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    Waldo, FL
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM trd offroad DCSB
    Billistein 5100 front/rears, Toytec 2" AAL Custom grill, All Pro rear bumper, All Pro sliders, Anytime elocker/foglights, Rear diff vent relocated, W/O seat covers, weathertech mats/visors, nfab tire racK, cobra 75 stealth CB, Custom engine/trans skids 3/8", Hella and HID behind grill, LED bar backup light, LED pods under cab (rocklights)
    Exactly , loves station with subway on west side of interstate

Sweet you will do fine at hardrock with stock 4r
    All terrains help alot, especially with all this rain

It's gonna b slick, and slippery out there Saturday ..maybe raining while we are there too
    Just makes it more challenging(fun)

3. Jun 6, 2013 at 3:07 PM
    2010TRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    Waldo, FL
    Vehicle:
    Billistein 5100 front/rears, Toytec 2" AAL Custom grill, All Pro rear bumper, All Pro sliders, Anytime elocker/foglights, Rear diff vent relocated, W/O seat covers, weathertech mats/visors, nfab tire racK, cobra 75 stealth CB, Custom engine/trans skids 3/8", Hella and HID behind grill, LED bar backup light, LED pods under cab (rocklights)
    1. 2010trd
    2. Michaelrussell
    3. Diverse4runner

4. Jun 6, 2013 at 3:18 PM
    Taco No Baka

Taco No Baka Interco Tire Snob

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    1998 SR5 Xtra Cab 4WD V6 Spartan Package
    OME 3" lift with Dakar rear leaves and 883 front coils. 36x12.50 Super Swamper TSL/SXs on Pro Comp Series 97 15x8 Steelies, Bud Built Front Skid, 4xI rock sliders, 4.88s and an Eaton True Trac LSD up front, 4.88s and a Detroit Locker in the rear, LED cab clearance lights, Sway Bar Delete, Rear Diff Breather Mod, Autometer Monster Tach, Cobra 25LTD Classic, Roof-mounted 3' Firestik Firefly, Garmin GPS, HiLift Jack, Flush-mount LED pod lights in rear bumper, 28" light bar in the front bumper, rear shock relocation (Ruff Stuff brackets), u-bolt flip with Ruff Stuff Anti-wrap perches, CBI rear frame reinforcements, 10" travel Bilstein 5125 rear shocks, heavy duty front crossmember made by Allenfab, Rear shock mounts/crossmember (for upper mounts), spring perches, frame plates, and front crossmember welded in by Allenfab, CBI Ditch Light Brackets, Ditch Light Pods. AllenFab Custom Hybrid front bumper and recovery points. Drivetrain lifted 2" in conjunction with a 2" BL. Modified Trail Gear transmission crossmember/skid. Warn Xeon 10K winch. Large left side body mod.
    FIFY. :cool:

I'm planning on going. No pain from the extraction today although I did have a killer headache when I got up, so unless that changes I'll show. :thumbsup:

5. Jun 6, 2013 at 3:35 PM
    2010TRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    Waldo, FL
    Vehicle:
    1. 2010trd
    2. Michaelrussell
    3. Diverse4runner*
    4. Taco no baka

6. Jun 7, 2013 at 8:57 AM
    Aiwha

Aiwha Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Fawaz
    Gainesville, Florida
    Vehicle:
    '12 PreRunner Sport DCSB
    Black Steelcraft Bull Bar, Black Steelcraft Nerf Bar
    I plan to go as of right now. I'll update if anything changes.

7. Jun 7, 2013 at 11:47 AM
    Diverse4runner

Diverse4runner Member

Member:
    No I have Highway Street tires. So it will definitely be a challenge

8. Jun 7, 2013 at 12:47 PM
    Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    OME 3" lift with Dakar rear leaves and 883 front coils. 36x12.50 Super Swamper TSL/SXs on Pro Comp Series 97 15x8 Steelies, Bud Built Front Skid, 4xI rock sliders, 4.88s and an Eaton True Trac LSD up front, 4.88s and a Detroit Locker in the rear, LED cab clearance lights, Sway Bar Delete, Rear Diff Breather Mod, Autometer Monster Tach, Cobra 25LTD Classic, Roof-mounted 3' Firestik Firefly, Garmin GPS, HiLift Jack, Flush-mount LED pod lights in rear bumper, 28" light bar in the front bumper, rear shock relocation (Ruff Stuff brackets), u-bolt flip with Ruff Stuff Anti-wrap perches, CBI rear frame reinforcements, 10" travel Bilstein 5125 rear shocks, heavy duty front crossmember made by Allenfab, Rear shock mounts/crossmember (for upper mounts), spring perches, frame plates, and front crossmember welded in by Allenfab, CBI Ditch Light Brackets, Ditch Light Pods. AllenFab Custom Hybrid front bumper and recovery points. Drivetrain lifted 2" in conjunction with a 2" BL. Modified Trail Gear transmission crossmember/skid. Warn Xeon 10K winch. Large left side body mod.
    :D

Well, it'll be alright. I think Thomas has a winch. I got a ginormous snatch strap and a big ol' pintle hitch. The strap is kinda old and a bit frayed, but it's been that way for a couple decades now. I guess it'll probably eventually break but a couple years ago I was snatching stumps out of the ground with it with the F250 and it hasn't broke yet (knock on wood). I also have two shackles that are probably too big to be of any use aside from connecting them to my pintle hitch, but oh well. If we really get desperate, I have some chains as well, though that would definitely be the very last resort...as in using them to pull someone back on to their wheels last resort, and hopefully none of us. :pray:

It should be interesting. Was watching youtube vids of Hard Rock and it even looks like there's gonna be a little mud to play in as well. :cool:

Edit: Thinking about it, I just took a ride around the corner from my house to the 4wheelparts store and picked up a receiver shackle mount w/ a 7/8 shackle and a 3/4 inch shackle for the front, so I now have useful sized shackles and a recovery point on the back that doesn't kill my departure angle more than the receiver hitch already does.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2013
  9. Jun 7, 2013 at 1:51 PM
    michaelrussell

michaelrussell Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    belleview,FL
    Vehicle:
    09 prerunner sr5 2.7 / 5 speed
    lots of stuff done more to do
    I
    thomas doesn't have a winch but he does have a couple of straps

10. Jun 7, 2013 at 2:16 PM
    Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    :eek:

K, musta been someone else's truck with the winch then. Bummer. But I'd say we're fixed for anything else. :cool:

Question: Does Hard Rock supply air to air up before leaving? If not where's the nearest place to do so? Or does someone have a CO2 tank or OBA?

11. Jun 7, 2013 at 3:01 PM
    2010TRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    Waldo, FL
    Vehicle:
    No air at hardrock .. Closest air is at gas station (1mi away)
    I have on board air , but it's slow for oversize tires

As for me having a winch,...:( no sadly I don't ...yet
    But my truck is as good as any winch
    I have more straps and shackles then I know what to do with
    So we will be fine

I'm sure some of the jeep (Florida 4x4 FB) guys will have on board winches
    I know one of the jeep guys good, and he has a winch

Yes there is going to be plenty of mud to sink your rig in...this mud is limerock sediment..so it is really sticky and dries as hard as concrete
    Fortunately hardrock has water hoses to rinse of your wheels...otherwise if it hardens on your rims , you will be hoping the whole way home ..like I did last weekend

12. Jun 7, 2013 at 3:05 PM
    2010TRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    Waldo, FL
    Vehicle:
    If anyone comes in the gate of hardrock without me....make sure you tell the clerk (lady that takes your $) that your part of "Florida 4x4" group
    This way if enough trucks show up, we all get a $5 coupon for next time ;)

Admission is $25 per vehicle, no matter how many people are in the truck

All who enter the park must sign a liability waiver ...
    Drivers must sign an additional waiver for vehicle liability too

13. Jun 7, 2013 at 3:08 PM
    2010TRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    Waldo, FL
    Vehicle:
    This park is private land ..thus you can pretty much do whatever you want .. Drink beer :drunk: , etc.
    But remember we are a responsible group, and some people attending are law enforcement officers...so please NO drinking and driving

Bring your swim suits and towels ...the ponds are crystal clear and great for swimming and fishing (owner asks that you catch and release)

14. Jun 7, 2013 at 3:09 PM
    2010TRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    Waldo, FL
    Vehicle:
    Firearms are allowed .. And you can shoot them in certain areas, ...again responsibly

15. Jun 7, 2013 at 10:47 PM
    Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    I see...alcohol, firearms, and 4x4s. :eek:

Sounds like a big ol' time. So I should bring extra ammo? :D

Got over my firewater at the mud hole phase a long time ago. No DUI for me, thanks.

16. Jun 8, 2013 at 4:06 AM
    2010TRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    Waldo, FL
    Vehicle:
    Up and at 'um ... See you guys in a couple hours

17. Jun 8, 2013 at 5:36 AM
    2010TRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    Waldo, FL
    Vehicle:
    Running a few min behind ..b at loves at 9:15 latest

18. Jun 8, 2013 at 3:32 PM
    2010TRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    Waldo, FL
    Vehicle:
    What a day at hardrock and A-pit
    Good group of guys to rep TW
    Mad props to Lee for his ability to learn rock crawling quickly

19. Jun 8, 2013 at 3:34 PM
    2010TRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    Waldo, FL
    Vehicle:
    What happened to you ?
    Did you show up and we just didn't see you ?

20. Jun 8, 2013 at 4:21 PM
    Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    I had a good teacher. Thanks! :thumbsup:

And had a lot of fun. I'm glad I went. Now I'm home again, home again, giggity-gig. It poured down rain on me the entire way, blah, but got here safe.

BTW, I either have a chunk of mud stuck in one of my front wheels or I managed to scrape a weight off It had a pretty bad vibration at about 65. 60 or 70 was fine though. Yay. :rolleyes:

Can't wait to see the pics and vids. And thanks, Thomas, for showing this old dog some awesome new tricks. :cool:

Products Discussed in

To Top