1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

June 8th -- Return to the Pits -- Hardrock

Discussion in 'Florida' started by 2010TRD, May 22, 2013.

1. Jun 10, 2013 at 10:43 PM
    Taco No Baka

Taco No Baka Interco Tire Snob

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    1998 SR5 Xtra Cab 4WD V6 Spartan Package
    OME 3" lift with Dakar rear leaves and 883 front coils. 36x12.50 Super Swamper TSL/SXs on Pro Comp Series 97 15x8 Steelies, Bud Built Front Skid, 4xI rock sliders, 4.88s and an Eaton True Trac LSD up front, 4.88s and a Detroit Locker in the rear, LED cab clearance lights, Sway Bar Delete, Rear Diff Breather Mod, Autometer Monster Tach, Cobra 25LTD Classic, Roof-mounted 3' Firestik Firefly, Garmin GPS, HiLift Jack, Flush-mount LED pod lights in rear bumper, 28" light bar in the front bumper, rear shock relocation (Ruff Stuff brackets), u-bolt flip with Ruff Stuff Anti-wrap perches, CBI rear frame reinforcements, 10" travel Bilstein 5125 rear shocks, heavy duty front crossmember made by Allenfab, Rear shock mounts/crossmember (for upper mounts), spring perches, frame plates, and front crossmember welded in by Allenfab, CBI Ditch Light Brackets, Ditch Light Pods. AllenFab Custom Hybrid front bumper and recovery points. Drivetrain lifted 2" in conjunction with a 2" BL. Modified Trail Gear transmission crossmember/skid. Warn Xeon 10K winch. Large left side body mod.

Thanks, I hope so too. It was a great time and you're right about Thomas. Great guy and a great guide/noob instructor.

2. Jun 10, 2013 at 10:50 PM
    Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    OME 3" lift with Dakar rear leaves and 883 front coils. 36x12.50 Super Swamper TSL/SXs on Pro Comp Series 97 15x8 Steelies, Bud Built Front Skid, 4xI rock sliders, 4.88s and an Eaton True Trac LSD up front, 4.88s and a Detroit Locker in the rear, LED cab clearance lights, Sway Bar Delete, Rear Diff Breather Mod, Autometer Monster Tach, Cobra 25LTD Classic, Roof-mounted 3' Firestik Firefly, Garmin GPS, HiLift Jack, Flush-mount LED pod lights in rear bumper, 28" light bar in the front bumper, rear shock relocation (Ruff Stuff brackets), u-bolt flip with Ruff Stuff Anti-wrap perches, CBI rear frame reinforcements, 10" travel Bilstein 5125 rear shocks, heavy duty front crossmember made by Allenfab, Rear shock mounts/crossmember (for upper mounts), spring perches, frame plates, and front crossmember welded in by Allenfab, CBI Ditch Light Brackets, Ditch Light Pods. AllenFab Custom Hybrid front bumper and recovery points. Drivetrain lifted 2" in conjunction with a 2" BL. Modified Trail Gear transmission crossmember/skid. Warn Xeon 10K winch. Large left side body mod.
    Nah, I unlocked them right before I came over there where you were using the water hose. I didn't notice anything funny when I did. I really doubt it's anything like a broken hub or something. At least I hope not. If I'm breaking driveline stuff like that on stock-sized AT tires, then it's gonna be ugly when I go to 33" Swampers (not to mention Lincoln Locking the front end). [​IMG]

3. Jun 11, 2013 at 3:50 AM
    2010TRD

2010TRD [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    Waldo, FL
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM trd offroad DCSB
    Billistein 5100 front/rears, Toytec 2" AAL Custom grill, All Pro rear bumper, All Pro sliders, Anytime elocker/foglights, Rear diff vent relocated, W/O seat covers, weathertech mats/visors, nfab tire racK, cobra 75 stealth CB, Custom engine/trans skids 3/8", Hella and HID behind grill, LED bar backup light, LED pods under cab (rocklights)
    Very true

4. Jun 11, 2013 at 4:25 AM
    Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    Heh, good news. It was a small piece of glass caught between the back of the rotor and the dust shield on the right front. All fixed. :cool:

Hard to believe such a tiny little thing was causing all that racket. I think the Taco just wanted some TLC after being beat on Saturday. :wink:

5. Jun 11, 2013 at 5:30 AM
    2010TRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    Waldo, FL
    Vehicle:
    Billistein 5100 front/rears, Toytec 2" AAL Custom grill, All Pro rear bumper, All Pro sliders, Anytime elocker/foglights, Rear diff vent relocated, W/O seat covers, weathertech mats/visors, nfab tire racK, cobra 75 stealth CB, Custom engine/trans skids 3/8", Hella and HID behind grill, LED bar backup light, LED pods under cab (rocklights)
    that's what she said

6. Jun 11, 2013 at 5:42 AM
    Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    :eek:

:rofl:

7. Jun 11, 2013 at 11:00 AM
    Aiwha

Aiwha Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Fawaz
    Gainesville, Florida
    Vehicle:
    '12 PreRunner Sport DCSB
    Black Steelcraft Bull Bar, Black Steelcraft Nerf Bar
    Haha!! Good one! :D

8. Jun 11, 2013 at 8:04 PM
    michaelrussell

michaelrussell Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    belleview,FL
    Vehicle:
    09 prerunner sr5 2.7 / 5 speed
    lots of stuff done more to do
    I went ahead and washed the truck Sunday and it took me two hours just to get the outside clean also I took the decals off the rims and I think it looks alot better without them on

image.jpg

9. Jun 11, 2013 at 8:53 PM
    Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    Wow, 2 hrs. I guess that's one benefit I had having an hour and a half drive through a heavy down pour to get home. There was no mud or anything off-road related under my truck when I was under it this morning. Still have yet to wash the outside and clean out the inside. Was kinda thinking that I might just leave it. The dirt looks better than my crappy paint. :D Though I was planning on cleaning the inside tomorrow. You got a bunch of mud on my floorboard. :D Of course, I got mud all over everything else inside when we scratch and dig our way through that mystery hole and I didn't roll up my window until we were nearly all the way through it. :rolleyes: I also have to reposition my toolbox. It shifted back on one side.

Your truck really does look good though. :cool:

10. Jun 11, 2013 at 9:09 PM
    michaelrussell

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    belleview,FL
    Vehicle:
    Thanks man and it was the first time I've actually washed the truck in a couple of months so some of the mud and grim didn't wanna come off and I'm not looking forward to cleaning my interior when I get home this weekend it'll probably take me half the day to do it I tend to armorall everything

11. Jun 13, 2013 at 5:06 AM
    michaelrussell

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    belleview,FL
    Vehicle:
    Thomas have you had a chance to do any editing on the footage you took

12. Jun 13, 2013 at 5:47 AM
    2010TRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    Waldo, FL
    Vehicle:
    No I'm a lazy bastard
    I don't have alot of footage ... Will do it tonight

13. Jun 13, 2013 at 10:25 AM
    Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    Haha, I was thinking about asking the same thing, but I didn't want to sound pushy. :D

Got a few folks that wanna see. Like you said Thomas, if there's no pics then it didn't happen, lol.

14. Jun 13, 2013 at 12:08 PM
    Aiwha

Aiwha Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Fawaz
    Gainesville, Florida
    Vehicle:
    '12 PreRunner Sport DCSB
    Black Steelcraft Bull Bar, Black Steelcraft Nerf Bar
    Man, when the prerunner was chargin up the hill out of A-pit and we fishtailed, I could of sworn that we hit your gopro!

15. Jun 13, 2013 at 12:24 PM
    2010TRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    Waldo, FL
    Vehicle:
    :thumbsup:
    Got it on video

Last edited: Jun 13, 2013
  16. Jun 13, 2013 at 4:42 PM
    2010TRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    Waldo, FL
    Vehicle:
    I made a quick compilation video
    Not my best work but something to look at ..to proove you were there
    http://youtu.be/9YrRx0i8KJY

DONE

17. Jun 13, 2013 at 4:43 PM
    2010TRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    Waldo, FL
    Vehicle:
    It was close ...but thats what makes for the best shot ;)

18. Jun 13, 2013 at 6:18 PM
    Taco No Baka

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Heh, other than my virgin climb there in the beginning, I didn't even know you got that other footage of my truck. :eek: Seems to flex pretty well for having shot-out springs. Didn't see it pull any tires off the ground going through that last set of washouts. (edit: correction, I think I did see it pull the right rear off the ground at the beginning of the washout. Hard to tell though.)

Will there be pics too when you get to it?

19. Jun 13, 2013 at 7:25 PM
    2010TRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    Waldo, FL
    Vehicle:
    This is all .. No pics :(

20. Jun 15, 2013 at 6:58 PM
    Dirtygerman05

Dirtygerman05 Well-Known Member

Member:
    FL
    Vehicle:
    03 white extra cab. TRD
    I drove around today until I located the spot you speak of F05DA706-5311-4CDC-B139-06058E790E8D-301_99d12b010c434d9339f3c0e1b411dd17a6f73e9b.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top