1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

just a rant for the week.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by tacomaman06, Oct 9, 2009.

1. Oct 10, 2009 at 5:34 AM
    AvsFanTRD

AvsFanTRD Oh gravity, thou art a heartless bitch!

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD Off Road Black
    rear suspension TSB, sockmonkey bed decals, weathertech floor liners, TRD seat covers, tailgate pop n lock, rear diff breather relocation, center console lock, Viper Alarm, extra D-rings in bed, 5100's on all 4 corners
    Don't forget to spread some moth balls throughout the place to give here that comfort of home smell.

2. Oct 10, 2009 at 5:40 AM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 [OP] Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    or maybe even some denture cream stuff.:D

3. Oct 10, 2009 at 9:31 AM
    luni

luni Resident Gun-toting Hippie

Member:
    First Name:
    Burt's Mustache
    Ft Bragg, NC
    Vehicle:
    TRD OR
    Icon c/os, TSB 4 leaf pack, Unbreakable Fab tube winch bumper, Mile Marker SEC12000, Roadless Gear winch control panel, Bud Built skids, URD Pipe Bomb Y pipe, snorkeled rear diff breather, no carpet
    lol im wondering if my real estate lady sent me your address. She pitched a few houses out your way. But we were dead set on Hoke County. Good thing we held out. The perfect house exactly where we wanted it dropped in price just as our interest rate went down and loan amount went up.

Hold out Will. If she's been back 3 times with family it's looking good.

4. Oct 10, 2009 at 12:42 PM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    Good luck Will... she will buy the house, she will buy the house, she will buy the house. Sending positive thoughts to you and her to get her to sign on the dotted line. Like others have said, she wouldn't keep coming back if she wasn't interested.

5. Oct 12, 2009 at 8:22 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    call her a bitch. women always do what you tell them if you call them a bitch

6. Oct 12, 2009 at 8:46 AM
    bobwilson1977

bobwilson1977 Well-Known Member

Member:
    KaliFORN-I-A
    Vehicle:
    96 Tacoma 2WD ( pizza delivery model)
    none except for crappy hub caps and floor mats.
    Kind of hate to be an ass, but why did you buy a house BEFORE you sold the old place? That doesn't make financial sense.

7. Oct 12, 2009 at 1:50 PM
    tacomaman06

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    a few reasons really............but the market in at the bottom now, but turning around, plus the place we are buying,we are getting for a really good price.......plus i got the downpayment for it. we technically could make 2 house payments(have to give up alot to do so), but we dont want to. and besides....if we didnt sell it before we were in the other house...we were gonna rent. plus...............it was "the house"..............so we had to go with it. makes sense to me...............may not look awesome on paper right this second, but it will.

8. Oct 12, 2009 at 1:57 PM
    bobwilson1977

bobwilson1977 Well-Known Member

Member:
    KaliFORN-I-A
    Vehicle:
    96 Tacoma 2WD ( pizza delivery model)
    none except for crappy hub caps and floor mats.
    Trust me. The housing market isn't going to be turning around in any meaningful way for at least another 5-10 years. The phony loans and bullshit that created the housing bubble are long gone. Plus unemployment is at a record high, so how can the market move anywhere with so many people unable to buy period? I understand your fear. I live in Cali and there was a severe bubble here, so yeah, I can understand your fear of "being priced out forever". But as we see during the bubble that hasn't even deflated yet, that didn't come true did it? It came back down with a thud.

But... if you can afford both payments no problem, then that's fine. But seriously, there's no rush to be buying houses now and in general its always a better idea to sell your old place first even if it means inconveniently renting for awhile until it does.

9. Oct 12, 2009 at 1:59 PM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    ive seen will's current place...i completely understand their NEED to get out of there

it was overcrowded with just 2 people living there...

10. Oct 12, 2009 at 3:30 PM
    tacomaman06

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    nows the part im not trying to be an ass but................the market is a little different between here and cali apparently. as far as around here.....its started on the upswing....yes,very little, but it has...........and its still the time to buy. we have been looking for over a year now.......and finally found what we want, so we are going with it. what Jeff says is totally correct........our condo is WAY overcrowded.....and has been for quite some time. me and my wife knows its better to sell the condo first, but sometimes, you gotta act and make something happen. we'll have no problem renting it if it comes down to it........we'd rather sell.....but its a condo......so either way, its twice as a pain in the ass to sell as a house would be.

11. Oct 12, 2009 at 4:59 PM
    luni

luni Resident Gun-toting Hippie

Member:
    First Name:
    Burt's Mustache
    Ft Bragg, NC
    Vehicle:
    TRD OR
    Icon c/os, TSB 4 leaf pack, Unbreakable Fab tube winch bumper, Mile Marker SEC12000, Roadless Gear winch control panel, Bud Built skids, URD Pipe Bomb Y pipe, snorkeled rear diff breather, no carpet
    I know where you're comin from Will. We're stretching the budget a bit to get into a new house. Mortgage will be about $200 more than we're paying for rent now but utilities will be at least $50 cheaper and we're getting used to trimming off some of the extras like cable TV.

But quality of life in the new place will be completely worth it. My commute will be better, the neighorhood is better, the house is better than the POS we're renting. And the biggie, it opens up a whole new region for the wife to job hunt in with a lot more opportunities. She's been looking where we're at now for almost a year and there just isn't anything.

House already appraised for $5k more than we're under contract for. Inspection is tomorrow morning. Scheduled to close next Friday. Brother has his plane ticket to fly in and help move on Saturday. It's getting real and we're excited.

12. Oct 12, 2009 at 5:03 PM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    I HATE OLD PEOPLE!!! :laugh:

13. Oct 12, 2009 at 5:06 PM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    Any update Will?

14. Oct 12, 2009 at 5:15 PM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    housing market here and market in cali are totally different. cali is fucked cause your whole damn state is bankrupt. buying a house before you sell your old house is pretty common. i know alot of people who did that. and i currently know 4 people not including will who are shopping, one who just bought a house. the market is starting to pick up here

15. Oct 12, 2009 at 5:19 PM
    tacomaman06

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....

we got the appraisal and inspection done on the house we are buying......very few things they needed to fix, and it appraised at $7k more than what we are under contract for...............going in with positive equity is awesome, and im putting 20%($30k) down, so it will definitely help.

none as of yet. the lady had a death in her family, but is supposed to come back for a 3rd look this week at some point.

Products Discussed in

To Top