1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Just bought a 1996 2.7 yota and im doing the following sound good?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by rll131, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Nov 18, 2011 at 11:10 AM
    rll131

rll131 [OP] rll131

Member:
    First Name:
    raymond
    elkton md 21921
    Vehicle:
    2000 2.4 liter 4 banger
    Just bought a 1996 reg cab toyota 4x4 2.7 5spd has 146k miles and the truck sat for 3 years the guy only put 4k miles on it in three years that he owned it. No rust or anything like that thank god toyota also treated the frame. Anyhow im going to to the following anything else i should do or any tips. Any help appreciated i will post some pics when i get time.

First going to change front and rear diffrential, transfer case, and transmission fluid all with amsoil 75w90.
    Also going to do a radiator flush, and change the fuel filter and run some lucas through the gas afterwards. He had the battery, spark plugs and plug wires just changed. Anything else i should change that you can thing of? This is all i can come up with at the moment just becasue it has sat so long and he is not sure of the last time all those fluids where changed.

2. Nov 18, 2011 at 2:29 PM
    jobrien

jobrien shit happens then you die

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Ontario California
    Vehicle:
    2011 single cab base 4x4
    Bed mat, cleats, scangauge, new headlight bulbs, weather techs, more to come
    Wrong section bud

3. Nov 18, 2011 at 4:37 PM
    hoeflich

hoeflich Its all mod on the inside

Member:
    florida
    Vehicle:
    96 3.4L 4X4
    Stuff
    Yeah, wrong section, but regardless, your asking for advice, I have owned every generation, and picked up a 96 two months ago, similar situation, My recommendation is to add some of that CD2 conditioner they sell at AUTOZONE for your engine, removes the gummed up crap, and second I would clean your battery terminals, and treat them, third, I would seafoam it through your vacuum line from your brake booster? I can take a pic for you of the right vacuum line, its the one that connects to the top of your block. Just look up seafoam on here. Congrats man. They are great trucks, thats why I got rid of my 4.0...I liked the 1st gen so much.

4. Nov 18, 2011 at 10:08 PM
    jobrien

jobrien shit happens then you die

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Ontario California
    Vehicle:
    2011 single cab base 4x4
    Bed mat, cleats, scangauge, new headlight bulbs, weather techs, more to come
    I didn't mean to come off as rude or anything like that and I apologize if I sounded that way but hoeflich advice is pretty much exactly what I did plus I got a red top but that's just something I do to all my vehicles

5. Nov 19, 2011 at 10:14 AM
    rll131

rll131 [OP] rll131

Member:
    First Name:
    raymond
    elkton md 21921
    Vehicle:
    2000 2.4 liter 4 banger
    Nope werent rude ijust posted in the right section. THanks for the advice though hoeflich never even knew about sea foam did some research ill be doing all this over the next month or so cant wait for the snow with 4x4 :)

Products Discussed in

To Top