1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Just bought a crap ton of light bars :D

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by 12TRDTacoma, Nov 16, 2012.

1. 12TRDTacoma

12TRDTacoma [OP] Mid Traveling

Member:
    First Name:
    Roberto
    Concord, CA
    Vehicle:
    12 TRD Sport DCLB 4x4 Tacoma
    SHOW: - Bruteforce Hybrid bumper - SOS Concepts 3/16 IFS skid - All black Grillcraft grille - LED headlights - LED DRL fog lights - BAMF behind the grill full LED light bar setup - 21" LED CREE lightbar externally mounted - 16" Level 8 Guardian rims - BFG A/T KO 265/75/16 tires - Factor 55 Hitchlink w/ shackle attachment - Relentless Fab T-Case skid SUSPENSION (Go I guess you could say): - Sway Away Non OE 2.0X6" stroke extended travel front RR coilovers (Valving: Compression 15 Rebound 10) aired to 290 PSI - Fox 2.0 front air bumps (Currently aired to 290 PSI) - 1.5" Deavers F85 AAL (Overload spring retained to achieve 2.25") - Fox 2.0X10" stroke Remote Reservoir shocks (Factory Fox valving) - Chevy Silverado polyfoam Bump stops relocated onto frame MISCELLANEOUS (Complimentary Mods): - Bed compartment lock box mod - Trailer plug harness relocate - 400W anytime inverter mod - Aero Turbine 2525XL muffler - Whip Antenna Bed Mount Bracket
    PICS!!!! :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

High beams:

[​IMG]

With LEDs on:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Out on the road, it's been raining though so it won't show that good:

Lows:

[​IMG]

Highs:

[​IMG]

Highs with LEDs on:

[​IMG]

2. 12TRDTacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Roberto
    Concord, CA
    Vehicle:
    SHOW: - Bruteforce Hybrid bumper - SOS Concepts 3/16 IFS skid - All black Grillcraft grille - LED headlights - LED DRL fog lights - BAMF behind the grill full LED light bar setup - 21" LED CREE lightbar externally mounted - 16" Level 8 Guardian rims - BFG A/T KO 265/75/16 tires - Factor 55 Hitchlink w/ shackle attachment - Relentless Fab T-Case skid SUSPENSION (Go I guess you could say): - Sway Away Non OE 2.0X6" stroke extended travel front RR coilovers (Valving: Compression 15 Rebound 10) aired to 290 PSI - Fox 2.0 front air bumps (Currently aired to 290 PSI) - 1.5" Deavers F85 AAL (Overload spring retained to achieve 2.25") - Fox 2.0X10" stroke Remote Reservoir shocks (Factory Fox valving) - Chevy Silverado polyfoam Bump stops relocated onto frame MISCELLANEOUS (Complimentary Mods): - Bed compartment lock box mod - Trailer plug harness relocate - 400W anytime inverter mod - Aero Turbine 2525XL muffler - Whip Antenna Bed Mount Bracket
    It's a lot brighter then it actually looks, the grill blocks out a lot of light honestly for the time being, not only that but I also think that I took the pictures at the wrong exposure. Etc. etc.

3. JLee

JLee The Man! Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Bay Area NorCal
    Vehicle:
    02 Extra cab SAS Linked front and rear
    I lost track thousands of dollars ago.
    Looks good man do you notice any shaking with all that weight on the light bar.

4. 12TRDTacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Roberto
    Concord, CA
    Vehicle:
    No actually. None at all. Why is there complaints of shaking?

5. JLee

JLee The Man! Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Bay Area NorCal
    Vehicle:
    02 Extra cab SAS Linked front and rear
    I lost track thousands of dollars ago.
    None i just wanted to see if the brackets would shake with that many lights mounted on it.

6. 12TRDTacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Roberto
    Concord, CA
    Vehicle:
    I've taken it freeway speeds and nothing. I also had to mount one of the brackets further out to accommodate the spacers as well.

7. Trifenix

Trifenix Well-Known Member

Member:
    so cal
    Vehicle:
    99 Tacoma LT Prerunner
    Looks great! Now I need to get a grill...

8. SkullTaco2012

SkullTaco2012 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 DC TRD Off Road
    I was finally able to mount my lights....

image.jpg

9. 12TRDTacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Roberto
    Concord, CA
    Vehicle:
    Very nice! It looks just like mine, except a little less. Are you having any trouble angling yours freely past certain points of rotation like I am mine?

I still need to do my grillcraft :(

10. SkullTaco2012

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 DC TRD Off Road
    I purchased the same lights as you did, but I mounted the pods in my bed on a light bar that is attached to the bed rails.

I was having a bit of trouble at first. I ended up taking the regular mounts and putting them on the ends of the 21". I then angled the BAMF LED mounts at a 45 degree angle and tightened everything up. By using the mounts in that way it allows for up and down adjustment along with some left to right movement.

I have to pull my grill this weekend to install new horns. I'll take a picture and post it then.

11. 12TRDTacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Roberto
    Concord, CA
    Vehicle:
    I want to see yours from the inside and see how you mounted it. Maybe it might help me in terms of helping towards a higher degree of movement.

12. SkullTaco2012

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 DC TRD Off Road
    This is the best pic I could get with the truck in the garage and the grill still on. You can see the mount on the side of the 21".

image.jpg

13. 12TRDTacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Roberto
    Concord, CA
    Vehicle:
    Wow. Why didn't I think of that?

My biggest question though is how did you get the oversized bolt to fit through the 1/4" opening of the LED bar brackets?

14. SkullTaco2012

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 DC TRD Off Road
    I used a smaller bolt, washers and a nut w/ nylon. I tried to drill them out but it just wasn't working. So I made a run to Lowes in my wife's Mini and got some smaller bolts. :D

It took a few test fittings and about 1/2 the day to arrive at this configuration. All I have left is to install my fuse block, relays, and an oil catch can... Oh wait that's a different thread....

15. 12TRDTacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Roberto
    Concord, CA
    Vehicle:
    Yeah see, lol I hd to get some smaller bolts myself and run somewhat of an interesting setup in order to get it to work. I tried to drill out and rheem a lot of different things but nothing worked so I went back to square one and put a twist to it. Wouldn't you know it that it worked! :D

Good job on your build bud! :thumbsup:

16. SkullTaco2012

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 DC TRD Off Road
    Here is a night pic of my 21" and 15" blitzpro.

image.jpg

17. 12TRDTacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Roberto
    Concord, CA
    Vehicle:
    Very nice! That looks good, very similar to my own!

18. maxamillion2345

maxamillion2345 Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.

Member:
    First Name:
    Max
    Nevada
    Vehicle:
    Ferd Fteenthousand 6.4
    Tuner.
    :smack:

19. Trifenix

Trifenix Well-Known Member

Member:
    so cal
    Vehicle:
    99 Tacoma LT Prerunner
    Who is Cameron Diaz?

20. 12TRDTacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Roberto
    Concord, CA
    Vehicle:
    Honestly they seem to be the same quality as the rigid's minus the connectors that they lack to come with but I guess it is what it is.

To Top