1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Just bought ICON COs for the front, what else do you recommend for 3" all around?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by hookedontronics, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Aug 5, 2010 at 1:02 PM
    hookedontronics

hookedontronics [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Glenville, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Off Road 4x4
    Icon extended travel 3.5" front coilovers, DSM UCAs, TSB leaf pack w/ wheelers AAL, All Pro U-bolt flip kit, Walker Evans 2.0 rear shocks, 18" XD Monster rims, Nitto trail grappler 285/65R18 Tires, Color matched grill, Grillcraft, Kragen HIDs, Carling switches, my bed light mod, diff drop, Alpine IVA-W505, JL Audio C5 componets and coaxials, JL 300/4 and 250/1 amps and JL stealthbox, wheathertechs, avs vent visors, toyota bed x-tender, alcantara center console cover and door pocket covers, console vault, color matched mirrors, heated mirrors, etc etc etc
    I just bought a set of ICON Coilovers For the front of my Taco. (the extended travel version with 1" extra travel). Icon Says 0-3.5" lift.

I want 3" all around and i currently have the TSB rear leaf pack so i was thinking of getting a TSB AAL from toytec for the rear along with some shocks. Shocks i piked up are walker evans 2.0 for the rear.

Also, I am aware i will need UCAs for the front. Any recommendations? I'd love to get the icons but for 1100- i just can't break the bank knowing the rest of them are 650 or less (i believe).

Anything else i will need, like extended brake lines, or a diff drop kit? I have never lifted any of my trucks before and do not want to get any vibes when driving down the road. Looking to get as close to a stock ride as possible.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Picked up some walker evans rear shocks at a great price. Now all i need is an AAL or a leaf pack. Suggestions?

2. Aug 5, 2010 at 3:51 PM
    mnudo200827

mnudo200827 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Corona, CA
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma Double Cab Prerunner
    Icon Coilovers, All-Pro UCA's, All Pro 3" Leaf Springs, Rear Fox Adjustable Shocks, Stainless Steel Brake lines, 17" KMC Addicts wrapped in 305/65/17 KM2's, Kenwood DDX 512 stereo, 2 12" Polk Audio MM1240 subs in custom enclosure, 4 component speakers, Wet Okole Seat Covers
    you could get biltein 5125's rear shocks or get a get like fox, king, icon shocks. As far as UCA, you could use the light racing UCA if you are not going to be doing a ton of off roading, or you could get all pro, camburg, total chaos UCA's all around the same price,those come with the uniball and you have to lubricate the uniball and the bushings periodicaly so they dont squeak..

3. Aug 5, 2010 at 5:25 PM
    mnudo200827

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Corona, CA
    Vehicle:
    Icon Coilovers, All-Pro UCA's, All Pro 3" Leaf Springs, Rear Fox Adjustable Shocks, Stainless Steel Brake lines, 17" KMC Addicts wrapped in 305/65/17 KM2's, Kenwood DDX 512 stereo, 2 12" Polk Audio MM1240 subs in custom enclosure, 4 component speakers, Wet Okole Seat Covers
    Thats exactly what i am going to get haha:D

4. Aug 5, 2010 at 5:36 PM
    mnudo200827

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Corona, CA
    Vehicle:
    ya i see what you are saying but i figure the fox have the remote resivoir and also a dial to adjust the ride stiffness/softness

5. Aug 5, 2010 at 5:39 PM
    mnudo200827

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Corona, CA
    Vehicle:
    yep theres the difference haha

6. Aug 5, 2010 at 7:38 PM
    hookedontronics

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Glenville, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Off Road 4x4
    Icon extended travel 3.5" front coilovers, DSM UCAs, TSB leaf pack w/ wheelers AAL, All Pro U-bolt flip kit, Walker Evans 2.0 rear shocks, 18" XD Monster rims, Nitto trail grappler 285/65R18 Tires, Color matched grill, Grillcraft, Kragen HIDs, Carling switches, my bed light mod, diff drop, Alpine IVA-W505, JL Audio C5 componets and coaxials, JL 300/4 and 250/1 amps and JL stealthbox, wheathertechs, avs vent visors, toyota bed x-tender, alcantara center console cover and door pocket covers, console vault, color matched mirrors, heated mirrors, etc etc etc
    What does a u bolt flip kit and ATO flip kit do?

7. Aug 5, 2010 at 7:42 PM
    mnudo200827

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Corona, CA
    Vehicle:
  8. Aug 5, 2010 at 8:07 PM
    mnudo200827

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Corona, CA
    Vehicle:
    i seel you are getting the 3" leaf pack(so am i:D), you know you have to get new shocks right, you can get the fox shocks they offer, you can adjust the ride stifness/softness with the dial on them

9. Aug 6, 2010 at 5:53 AM
    hookedontronics

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Glenville, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Off Road 4x4
    I have decided to go with the all pro 3" leaf (since there is a group buy going on). My questions are:
    1.) I do 99% driving on the street and although this is going to be an overpriced setup for a basic mall crawler will i need a ATO flip kit or a U bolt flip kit for installing these new leafs? Will i need extended brake lines as well?
    2.) What shocks should I get to accomadate this setup? I see a lot of people recommending the billy 5125s but would i be better off with some icons or fox's for a little extra coin?

If anybody is running the icons up front and a 3" all pro leaf in the rear i'd really like to hear what your complete setup is and how you like it. My main goal is to get NO VIBES AT ALL, as this is my daily driver and i only do some off roading in the fall every weekend while at hunting camp.

Thanks in advance

10. Aug 6, 2010 at 8:39 AM
    hookedontronics

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Glenville, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Off Road 4x4
    Do i need an ATO shackle flip kit and/or FJ rear shackles with the all pro springs? Am i better off just getting the toytec tsb AAL and calling it a day? Would i need new U bolts for that as well? Found the timbrens for about 200- bucks which sounds kind of pricey for bump stops, will i even need them?

Found the 5125's here http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-135588-bilstein-5125-series-performance-shocks.html

What size will i need with 3" rear leafs (it's either gonna be all pro or tsb with toytec aal)?

And lastly...How much thread should be showing to get 3" from lift from my ICON extended travel COs?

Thanks again, i am a noob when it comes to lifting. I probably should have just bought a complete kit but i got a deal on these COs new and have read great things about them.

11. Aug 6, 2010 at 8:41 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 Rubicon Unlimited,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    If you dont do too much wheeling, I would look into the OME/Dakar 2.75" lift AALs that Wheelers sells. Its a good set up.

12. Aug 6, 2010 at 9:12 AM
    hookedontronics

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Glenville, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Off Road 4x4
    ^ Looks like i'll go stock springs with tsb and aal, and billy 5100, 5125s.

Whoo, thank you for being patient and giving me a hand

13. Aug 6, 2010 at 9:53 AM
    takern

takern Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tanner
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    03 TRD Offroad stepside
    Deckplate mod, sliders, uniden cb, toolbox, dakar leaf pack, in search of coilovers, 255/85 16 bfg m/t waiting to go on
    idk if you have ordered anything yet but i would recommend going with the dakar leaf pack in back. gives about 2.5" of lift and actually increases the load capacity of the truck a little bit. the flex is better than you would get with stock but not quite as good at the alcan or deaver leaf packs. i do a lot of dirt road driving with a bit of weight in the bed and i couldnt be happier with my dakar leaf packs. but the AAL and TSB aught to be a good setup also.

14. Aug 6, 2010 at 1:54 PM
    Malamute

Malamute Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    CO
    I'm debating a lift as well. How would the All-Pro's do with occasional towing of a small ATV trailer and Yamaha Grizzly? I'm looking for more off-road flex than I am towing capacity but I still want to be able to pull that set up when I need to.

I was going to go w/ OME all the way around, but I'm starting to think I want something a with a little more flex.

If all go w/ the All Pro I can still use the 1" shackle flip from ATO right?

To Top