1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Just called corporate [Canadian edition]

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by pcledrew, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Mar 28, 2011 at 9:08 AM
    pcledrew

pcledrew [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    BC
    Vehicle:
    '17 TRD Sport DCLB
    I just called Toyota Canada and filed a complaint. Does anyone have any history of phoning corporate and actually seeing results? here's my story;

Been dealing with the blower motor noise issue for 6 months now, had a replacement motor put in, still having the same issue. Tried again with another motor a few months later, same issue.
    Asked dealer about the updated motor [tsb for this right?], said they'd order me one. 6 weeks later they told me that they were in, but ran out, and that they were ordering them in bulk, so I couldn't order my own. Two weeks later, after calling and asking if they were in, they said they had one in, booked me an appointment. Called back next day, told me the one they had was spoken for, so they'd have to order me one. Then they called the day after and told me it would be up to 6 months [serious!] before they get one in for me.
    Don't know how it is in the US, but we have club toyota here, which logs all my service history, and according to mine, I had complained about it initially at 7776 km, had a replacement done at 8000+ [kind of an inaccurate reading listed on the site here, but that's what it is], and another replacement at 15514. I now have 22600 on km's on the truck, and hate driving it because it's freezing cold here still [-10 to -20 most days] and can't drive without the fan on.

Am I gonna have any luck here? or should I just buy some ear plugs.

Oh, and anyone who wants to say "turn the music up", please think twice, then turn the computer off, walk down the hall to the bathroom, insert your cranium in the poop-be-gone, and hit the run button.

2. Mar 28, 2011 at 9:42 AM
    Captspaulding1000

Captspaulding1000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    i am having the exact same issue. i am on my third blower motor and the updated one was ordered for me in December and i am still waiting for it to arrive. at least its getting warmer and i can just drive with the blower off. good luck and let us know how it goes.

3. Mar 28, 2011 at 9:48 AM
    KenLyns

KenLyns 8.75" Third Member

Member:
    Belly of the Beast
    Vehicle:
    4x4 TRD Off-Road Full-Auto
    LED Headlights, Volant CAI, 32" Duratracs
    May be worthwhile to just bite the bullet and spend $45 on the TYC blower. It has a different design (brushless?) and doesn't chirp. You can find them on Amazon. Installation is three screws in the passenger footwell area.

4. Mar 28, 2011 at 9:49 AM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat

Turn the...blower motor..down?

5. Mar 28, 2011 at 9:51 AM
    pcledrew

pcledrew [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    BC
    Vehicle:
    '17 TRD Sport DCLB
    This is what I'd do if I had no warranty left. I have 38000 k left on warranty.

As for turning the motor down? The volume knob broke off on it. Can't.

6. Mar 28, 2011 at 6:00 PM
    KenLyns

KenLyns 8.75" Third Member

Member:
    Belly of the Beast
    Vehicle:
    4x4 TRD Off-Road Full-Auto
    LED Headlights, Volant CAI, 32" Duratracs
    What's the PN of the replacement blower your dealer tried to order? Make sure it's

TOY 8710304042 Desc MOTOR SUB-ASSY, BLOW

As of last month there wasn't a TSB for this new PN yet. See if your Canadian dealer has it in stock. If the lead time is too long, may still be worthwhile to buy the aftermarket TYC blower. Just $45.

Products Discussed in

To Top