1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Just did my Fog Light Mod!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by KevLot17, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Feb 3, 2011 at 11:26 AM
    05Moose

05Moose Middle-Aged Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    In the snow (NorCal)
    Vehicle:
    '05 4x4 DC LB SR5 #8 (LSD, Tow Pkg)
    '05 4x4 DC LB SR5 (LSD & Tow Pkg), Timbrens, AAL, 5100s (1.75), Owned: 12/3/04 Mods: Fog, Map/Dome Light, Illuminated 4wd Switch, Washable Cabin Air Filter
    But that would be illegal as we're not allowed to drive with fog lights on in substitution of headlights. Per the vehicle code here in Calif, it is legal to have your fog lights on at any time regardless of headlights if the headlights are not required to be on. And it is legal to have them on with any beam (low or high) of the headlights. A completely street legal mod.

2. Feb 3, 2011 at 11:34 AM
    KevLot17

KevLot17 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    '10 Blacked Out TRD Sport
    Debadged, Toytec Ultimate Lift, Banks Monster Exhaust, AFE Pro Dry filter, Black Grillecraft grille, Flat Black background headlights, Red Blinkers and markers with alternating turn signal mod, Krypton Bulbs 6000K Headlights and Fogs, Fog Light anytime Mod, LED interior lights with map light mod, AVS Black Taillight Covers, Tinted Windows, WeatherTech Digital floor liners.
    ya.. when my buddy's dad came home as we were doing the mod.. he said.. ya i think thats illegal.. and i said if his sons 2011 sierra comes with this already equipped.. how could it be illegal??

3. Feb 3, 2011 at 11:38 AM
    05Moose

05Moose Middle-Aged Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    In the snow (NorCal)
    Vehicle:
    '05 4x4 DC LB SR5 #8 (LSD, Tow Pkg)
    '05 4x4 DC LB SR5 (LSD & Tow Pkg), Timbrens, AAL, 5100s (1.75), Owned: 12/3/04 Mods: Fog, Map/Dome Light, Illuminated 4wd Switch, Washable Cabin Air Filter
    Just look up your State's vehicle code online. It'll be under something like vehicle equipment. Here's the link to ours to give you an idea of what it says or what you want to look for:
    http://dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/vc/tocd12c2a2.htm

4. Feb 3, 2011 at 11:42 AM
    KevLot17

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    Debadged, Toytec Ultimate Lift, Banks Monster Exhaust, AFE Pro Dry filter, Black Grillecraft grille, Flat Black background headlights, Red Blinkers and markers with alternating turn signal mod, Krypton Bulbs 6000K Headlights and Fogs, Fog Light anytime Mod, LED interior lights with map light mod, AVS Black Taillight Covers, Tinted Windows, WeatherTech Digital floor liners.
    honestly.. not worried about being 'street legal'... i have red 9-LED markers, super black taillights, smoked liscence plate cover that i never wash, and cops dont really bother you around my parts unless youre one of the 8 kids that hang out around here with the dame dodge cummins diesels and just burn out everywhere cause they think their trucks are the shit.. when theyre in the shop every other week.. but thats ok cause mommy daddy and grampa pay for all their shit..

5. Feb 3, 2011 at 11:43 AM
    KevLot17

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    Sorry, started to vent there a little bit.. i just hate people that dont pay for their own shit, and dont respect it on top of that.. i actually raced the one kid on the highway and beat him... so he started dumping mad money into his truck.. but they ALL have the SAME trucks.. with the SAME mods.. and theyre ALL Douchebags haha

6. Feb 3, 2011 at 11:50 AM
    kramer2k

kramer2k Well-Known Member

Member:
    Jacksonville, FL
    Vehicle:
    08 DC PreRunner TRD OR
    [​IMG]

7. Feb 3, 2011 at 11:52 AM
    ISUGrad05

ISUGrad05 Public Servant Enemy #1

Member:
    Wichita, KS
    Vehicle:
    2012 4x4 5.7 Tundra DoubleCab
    Who cares about other peoples trucks

8. Feb 3, 2011 at 11:55 AM
    KevLot17

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    i mean i didnt expect to beat him.. im not the kid that goes around bragging and wanting to race everyone, which he is. so when i did it all his friends started bustin his balls real bad so he (correction: Grampa) dumped money into it.. he then raced my buddy's 2011 Sierra and beat him.. i figure on the sierra being much quicker than my truck so he had to put some crazy shit in it

9. Feb 3, 2011 at 11:58 AM
    KevLot17

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    no i dont care about their trucks, i just hate that they dont pay for them and they dont respect them.. my rationale would think if someone bought something for me and gives me shit tons of money to put into it, then i would respect it. i dont give a shit that they blow them up and blow trannys and rears and all that ( i mean they are dodges, this is all expected)

10. Feb 3, 2011 at 12:00 PM
    ISUGrad05

ISUGrad05 Public Servant Enemy #1

Member:
    Wichita, KS
    Vehicle:
    2012 4x4 5.7 Tundra DoubleCab
    So my neighbors have more money and a bigger house, and bought their kids a more expensive truck than I own. Doesn't matter to me. But congrats on the fog light mod.

11. Feb 3, 2011 at 12:06 PM
    KevLot17

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    Haha. thanks.

12. Feb 3, 2011 at 12:35 PM
    georgeandkanoa

georgeandkanoa the point is simply this

Member:
    First Name:
    jeff
    calgary
    Vehicle:
    07 tacoma trd
    bilstein5100's front tinted windows access cover pioneer stereo weathertechs grillcraft grill kc's behind cbi sliders
    i'm gonna do jivewalkers mod

13. Apr 22, 2011 at 3:52 PM
    tecate12

tecate12 Fuuaaaaaaa!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Martin
    El Paso,TX
    Vehicle:
    Tina: The EPT Blue Beast
    K&N Cold Air Intake, pioneer AVH-4200 DVD, WT floorliners, colormatched engine cover, Westin Bull Bar with driving lights, N-FAB step bars, Rear TSB, Bilstein 5100's @ 1.75, 265/70/17 Dick Cepek MUD COUNTRYS on 17" Black TRD sport wheels, Satoshi Grill, Custom TRD tire valve Caps, and still coming...
    i will be doing this soon

Products Discussed in

To Top