1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Just finished installing Aries Bullbar on my 2010 TRD Sport...Not next time...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by moulin6801, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Aug 8, 2010 at 3:00 PM
    moulin6801

moulin6801 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Just a quick review...
    I bought a black Aries Bullbar, was looking forward to have it on the truck, but I have to tell you, if have to do it all over again i would not do it.
    I am disappointed with Aries. First, The instructions sucks!!! Just chineses style drawing in a peace of paper, not one word written on it. Really sucks, you really have to spent quite some time to figure out how it goes, specially because you are supposed to use the factory washers from the bumper, but it does not tell you that in the instructions! You can hardly figure out what is the R and L side. It took me almost as long to figure this thing out as to installed it.
    Than, this thick looking bar is actually very thin. I should have saved money and bought on from the Ebay. Trust me, I doubt it could be much thinner on ebay...
    I hope someone in Aries get the butt out of the chairs and make a discent instructions with some photos. For goodness sacke, any kid can put that together nowdays in a computer! Ridiculous...

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Aug 8, 2010 at 4:27 PM
    Rocketball

Rocketball If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Westminster, MD
    Vehicle:
    08 Speedway Blue DC Sport 4x4
    Pioneer head unit, PAC steering wheel control modual, Hard wired Sirius radio, Hard wired radar detector, Hella Supertone horns, Blacked out badges, Smoked Tails, BHLM (color matched Speedway Blue), T-Rex Eyelids, Black Powder Coated Billet Grill, Color Matched Engine Cover, Lund in channel vent visors, FJ Cruiser wheels, Leer 100XQ shell, OEM bed mat, Piezo beeper for locking doors, Tinted front side windows, Black Westin bull bar, Aires tube steps, Mini Maglite Mod, D-Cell Maglite Mod, Weathertech Digifit Floor Mats
    It's not just their bullbars that have this issue. I bought a set of tube steps and had the same problem.

I'm very satisfied with the quality of the product, but the instructions that came in the box were a waste of paper.

Comon' Aries..... wake the F^)k UP !! :mad:

3. Aug 8, 2010 at 7:05 PM
    TexasTacoma37

TexasTacoma37 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Also they are ugly. :anonymous:

4. Aug 9, 2010 at 10:57 AM
    moulin6801

moulin6801 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    I wish the have a cap for the screws but they dont.... I called...
    Just poor design... a cheap plastic cover would have done it...

bullbar1.jpg
    bullbar2.jpg
    bullbar screw.jpg

5. Aug 9, 2010 at 11:01 AM
    House Doc

House Doc Active Member

Member:
    I installed the Westin brand on my son's truck. Very good instructions.
    His looks identical to yours the way it mounts. You can see the bolts. I may spray them black.

6. Aug 9, 2010 at 11:16 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    When all else fails THEN read the instructions... you did it out of order :smack:

7. Aug 9, 2010 at 11:16 AM
    AriZonaD54

AriZonaD54 BANNED in 49 states...

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Valley of the Sun
    Try Avid

8. Aug 9, 2010 at 1:29 PM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    All bullbars are going to be thin. They're not for structure. THey're for looks and mounting lights on. THat's it...

If you want structure - get a complete bumper.

I have an Aries myself. I didn't install it. THe only bad thing I have to say about it, is the paint has chipped and started to rust already. The thing isn't even 2 years old yet. I'll have to do some buffing & painting soon.

THe stainless part looks really nice when you use stainless polish on it.

9. Aug 9, 2010 at 2:52 PM
    Infra

Infra Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Az
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM DCSB 4x4 TRD OR 6spd
    CBI Bushmaster 2.0 rear bumper with swing out tire carrier & fold down camp table, CBI Moab 2.0 front bumper, Warn M8000-S, Icon 2.5 RR CDC Extended travel CO's with 700lb springs, Icon 2.5 RR CDC rear shocks, Icon hydro bumps, Total Chaos uniball UCA's, All Pro Expo leafs, U-bolt flip kit, Softopper, diff breather mod, extended rear brake lines, Grillecraft mesh grille, Elusive Elements behind grille light bar with B.A.M.F. LED light bar brackets, okLEDlightbars.com 20" double row LED light bar, Relentless Fabrication hood cb antenna mount, Wilson Silver Load CB antenna, Uniden 520 Pro XL CB radio, Wet okole seat covers, Weather tech floor liners, Weather tech in channel window deflectors, trasharoo spare tire trash bag carrier, Box Rocket 2nd gen bed rack with (2) 2 gallon gas rotopax mounted on drivers side, (2) 2 gallon water rotopax mounted on passenger side, (1) 3 gallon gas rotopax & (1) 2 gallon gas rotopax mounted on CBI swing out, Avid weld on sliders, Mattgecko LED bed light
    damn those bars are ugly as all hell

10. Aug 9, 2010 at 2:56 PM
    jtav2002

jtav2002 Kenny Fuckin Powers

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Reading, PA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra DBL Cab TRD OR
    I was able to figure out how it went on after a few minutes looking at the diagram and where it mounts. I agree they need some actual instructions, but I thought it was pretty easy to visualize how it went. Hardest part for me was breaking the factory bolts loose. I go back and forth I like it or not. Although I like it a lot better since I painted the skid plate on it black.

Products Discussed in

To Top