1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Just got into an accident

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Finks99Taco, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Jul 4, 2010 at 5:24 PM
    AndrewFalk

AndrewFalk Science!

Member:
    The North East
    Vehicle:
    2010 5 speed 5 lug
    :)
    I expect pics!

2. Jul 5, 2010 at 6:24 AM
    Finks99Taco

Finks99Taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    'Fink'
    Coconut Creek, Florida
    Vehicle:
    1993 pickup
    Well....*sigh*....I just got home from picking her up...but looks like I'll be taking her back in tomorrow :mad:

First impression was "this is not my truck". Ran different, brakes were different, felt different, etc. but I reminded myself I have been driving a little sports car the past week+ and this is a truck...

Well the steering wheel is not straight like it was before the accident.
    My fog lights were moved to the new brushguard

• They are all fogged up.
    • They don't turn on.
    • The lighted switch doesn't even come on.
    The powered cigarette lighters don't have power
    My hood doesn't pop open when you pull the hood release. You have to go and pull it up before you can unlock it to open.

That was just the initial analysis on the way home.

On a good note, new fender, new bumper and brushguard (next model up from the one I had before so if anyone is looking for one (I'm sure we could bend it back out and sell it if you need one), new side marker and headlight assemblies.

I need to go in tomorrow because they pulled the little visor wind thing that goes above the window off on the passenger side and she said it would be in tomorrow. So that is when I will tell her I'm not too happy with a "Certified Toyota Dealership" and after

• 672 in labor
    • 1,975.11 in parts
    • 181.97 in tax plus other expenses
    equals $2,991.40 for a truck that is NOT back to the way it was before. Maybe it looks like it on the outside...but inside it's not the same but worse. :mad:

3. Jul 5, 2010 at 6:28 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit

Sorry to hear man-That is the part that sucks about accidents. It may never be the same no matter how many times you take it back and how much work they do on it. Good luck chasing the issues down tho!!

4. Jul 5, 2010 at 6:30 AM
    C17Guy

C17Guy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    Charleston, SC/ Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 Access Cab 5 Lugger
    Readylift Kit, 245/75/16, HID's, Debadged, Kenwood DNX9960 Double Din Navigation, Image Dynamics Door Components, Pioneer Amp, Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler, Grillcraft Uppers and Lowers
    tough break man. i hope they get it fixed for ya. but you are right, a car/truck is never the same after an accident. My pops (i cant afford to), gets rid of any vehicle if it gets in an accident. He had a very sweet 2008 TL Type S that his neighbor backed into hard, after he got it back, it went back to the dealership!:eek:

5. Jul 5, 2010 at 2:05 PM
    Finks99Taco

Finks99Taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    'Fink'
    Coconut Creek, Florida
    Vehicle:
    1993 pickup
    Going back in tomorrow morning with a list off all the stuff wrong so they can redo it all.

Products Discussed in

To Top