1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

just got my DTLT headers. What else do I need for install?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by XwXRYANXwX, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Jan 19, 2010 at 12:05 PM
    XwXRYANXwX

XwXRYANXwX [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Louisville, CO
    Vehicle:
    2010 Access Cab TRD Sport w/ TRD Supercharger
    I know I need an O2 sim and the gaskets. Is there anything else you guys can think of..

Where Can I find the O2 Sim and gaskets at? Which ones do I need? Its a 2007 4x4

2. Jan 19, 2010 at 12:13 PM
    NumNutz

NumNutz One of the original 7928

Member:
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma 4x4 - Kings, TC, Dakars, broken stuff
    Lots.
    Just call gadget at URD, Ext. 3. He will set you up.

3. Jan 19, 2010 at 12:23 PM
    rossk35

rossk35 Do Work Son!

Member:
    hawaii
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport Supercharged
    TRD S/C/TRD Intake/TRD Boost Gauge/DT Headers/OEM TL/ZKW retro/Pioneer DVD w/Ipod/Magnaflow/20% Tint/BHLM/JL 10" sub, JL VR components, JL 450/4 amp/Helwig Sway bar/Viper 791/ 18" limited 4runner rims
    Get the sim from urd and you don't really need to change the gaskets. I've installed several sets of headers and have never problems with reusing the orignalls.

4. Jan 19, 2010 at 8:32 PM
    Coupe

Coupe Well-Known Member

Member:
    Houston, Texas
    Vehicle:
    08 X-Runner
    Lots baby!
    You might need the crush gaskets. URD makes a special set that fits the long tubes better than stock. Highly recommended!

5. Jan 19, 2010 at 8:52 PM
    nuckinfuts

nuckinfuts NyQuil on the rocks.

Member:
    Pacific NW
    Vehicle:
    '06 AC TRD Off-Road
    DT Long Tube Headers, Empire O2 simulator, catback, Shrockworks Sliders, Old Man Emu 3" lift with 885 coils (with 1/2" top plate spacer and Dakar Leaf packs), Hi-lift mounted in bed with 4XRAC mounts, WT floor liners, other stuffs
    I went with the empire 02 sim, it costs a bit more but it's plug and play:

http://empirepao.com/ I can't remember which part number, I'm sure a search will get you what you need if you go this route.

I also pulled the lower o2 sensors and replaced them with plugs. May not be completely necessary but I figured might as well removed them because they're not doing anything. Here's where I bought the plugs:

http://www.verociousmotorsports.com...d-Bungs/Mild-Steel-O2-Oxygen-Sensor-Ring-Plug

Also, when you go to install them, keep an eye out for pesky wires. I found an airbag sensor wire sitting directly on the pipe after a few days (passenger side), so I recommend buying some zip ties and securing any wires around the headers. I was a little worried about the wires directly below the lowest drivers side tube but they seem to be doing just fine.

To Top