1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

just got my first one...

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by scale, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Jul 10, 2009 at 4:06 PM
    scale

scale [OP] Member

Member:
    just picked up an 04 and am loving it so far.

Some things that i have noticed is that the rear bumper protector is scratching the bottom of my tailgate when i put it down. What is the fix for this? ANy ideas

My next step is going to be line-x alhtough i have been looking at the bedrug and it has me curious. There are some harsh winters here in MN and the drop in BL has to go. The truck willl probalby be outside most of the time so im thinking line-x is the way to go.

I may run a topper in the winter or at some point....my question is does the line-x over the rail still allow for a good seal on a fiberglass topper or should i stay away from over the rail? I would think this would protect the rail a great deal when installing and removing the topper on the truck.

2. Jul 10, 2009 at 4:09 PM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is going full "SANDWICH" Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+295k AND COUNTING), 2006 F350 King Ranch 6.0L
    Some stuff. Not a lot, just some.
    Over the rail should be fine. You should use a rubber seal or strip between the shell any way.

3. Jul 10, 2009 at 5:29 PM
    scale

scale [OP] Member

Member:
    thanks...

that is what i figured but was curious to know if anyone had some 1st hand experience with it. Heck....i dont think i could do a tonneau cover if i went over the rail but not sure that is what i would want anyway.

I would think protecting the rails would be as important as protecting the rest of the bed.

I havent been able to find much of any thing on the bumper protector scratching my tailgate at all. IM going to pop my tail gate off and see if there is anything i can do.

Products Discussed in

To Top