1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Just how anal-retentive are you?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Two Tall, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Mar 15, 2012 at 6:31 PM
    bethes

bethes Señorita Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Beth
    Tulsa/Sand Springs, OK
    Vehicle:
    2011 V6 TRD Off Road
    I have a couple friends who chew tobacco and of course when they spit out the window it gets all over the side of the truck. Caused many arguments, it's disgusting and I hate having to scrub gross tobacco slobber off my Tacoma. They'd alway promise to clean it up too, and have never once done it. Eventually I just told them to take their trucks. Bastards. Kinda sucked though, because it meant everyone drove alone or in twos because they don't have crew cabs. Not to mention it's a huge waste of gas to take 2 or 3 or 4 trucks from town to the lake when we could easily have just taken my Tacoma.

We finally solved this problem. Ya know how Tacomas have about 36,574,652 drink holders? There is almost always 2-3 empty Coke bottles in the door pockets now. Providing spittoons is so much easier than fighting and no more driving alone.

But it still annoys me that this means I keep old Coke bottles in my truck. That's trash, should be removed from the vehicle upon exiting.

2. Mar 15, 2012 at 6:37 PM
    KalamaKid

KalamaKid Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Oregon
    same shit as everyone else
    When it comes to the pickup i'm pretty bad. I keep it really clean inside. I don't really care about the outside but any time i spot rust i'll wash it and primer over it. HATE IT when people leave trash inside the passenger areas though! If imma drunk and the old lady is driving i've been known to smoke in the truck :D but it never seems to smell after.

3. Mar 15, 2012 at 8:22 PM
    Warhorseforever

Warhorseforever Will The Thrill

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Sand Lapper
    Vehicle:
    2001 Toyota Tacoma Pre-Runner SR5
    Kenwood KDC-348U HU Kicker DS65 Front Doors Only 2 Polk Audio MM840 Kenwood KAC 8105D for subs SuperCrewSound.com behind rear seat sub box
    I just hit the gas station in the mornings and buy a .75 bottle of water chug it and spit in that for a day.

4. Mar 15, 2012 at 10:03 PM
    bethes

bethes Señorita Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Beth
    Tulsa/Sand Springs, OK
    Vehicle:
    2011 V6 TRD Off Road
    My friends could take some lessons from you :p

5. Mar 16, 2012 at 2:05 AM
    Boilermaker99

Boilermaker99 555

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Atlantic beach
    Vehicle:
    1999 SR5 TRD 4x4 3.4 V6
    ARE cap, Rhino lined bed, Custom Advantage-Max seat covers, Kenwood stereo and speakers, Debadged all emblems, blackedout grill, Off road lights, engine bay LEDs, Uniden Cb, Bedlined rockers and rims, Custom front and rear bumper, Hilo jack and mounts, Yakima load warrior, Magnaflow 14" muffler, Intake/prefilter, rebuilt frontend after accident so sort of frankensteined!!
    :D Agreed

6. Mar 16, 2012 at 2:28 AM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    OMFG!! pisses me the FU*k off! dads work truck always has like 5 or more. if he uses my truck and goes and gets stuff he leaves it. says i’ll take care of it later. i can’t stand all kinds of stuff just thrown about in my truck!! i have been late to stuff because i had to clean stuff and move stuff around in my truck.

also mom and dad like to just throw the dishes in the sink and they will sit for like 3 or 4 days till nothing els will fit. not bad if you at least wash it off good.. i do them more than anyone els. i hate when people move shit around in the kitchen. i hate dirty counter tops.i hate clutter!! cloths have to be folded a certain way. i could go on about other stuff but don’t fill like it right now.

7. Mar 16, 2012 at 6:37 AM
    friction

friction Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    '08 4X4 RC SR5
    But you said "mistyped" originally. :D Just messing with you man.

8. Mar 16, 2012 at 6:45 AM
    macgyver

macgyver Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Canton, GA
    Vehicle:
    '13 Tundra double cab SR5 4x4

My sister does the same thing. It drives me nuts. She's lived with me for over 2 years now and I still have to yell at her every day because she leaves them in the sink then forgets about them, no matter how many times I've asked her nicely, yelled at her, or left a big reminder note taped to the wall. PUT IT IN THE DISHWASHER! That way, when it's time to run the dishwasher, it's already loaded so all you have to do is squirt in the detergent, close the door, and press the button to start it. Seriously?! The dishwasher is right next to the sink, just drop it in the dishwasher instead of the sink.

9. Mar 16, 2012 at 6:49 AM
    friction

Member:
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    '08 4X4 RC SR5
    More OCD than anal retentive, but I have to count building floors when driving past anything above 3 stories. EVERY time I pass them.

Why? :notsure:

10. Mar 16, 2012 at 9:20 AM
    Joe D

Joe D .

Member:
    This would freak me out...

11. Mar 16, 2012 at 10:43 AM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    they are my parents. but some times i just go off. i at least some what wash them off. about only time i leave them in the sink is when the dishwasher is running. like dad if he has chips and dip. what ever the dip was in is still covered in dip just set in the sink. it starts to smell and grow shit.

12. Mar 16, 2012 at 10:54 AM
    friction

Member:
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    '08 4X4 RC SR5
    OK, I don't know if this anal retentive or not, but TeamSarcasm your signature is killing me. It destroys my browser every time I load this page.

No offense, just sayin'...

13. Mar 16, 2012 at 3:10 PM
    DGXR

DGXR Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Friend
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle:
    2006 2.7L SR5 2-wheel drive
    I can't stand messes of any kind, like when kids spill food because they are clumsy and not paying attention (because they are kids); or when people are cooking and they put the stirring spoon directly on the stove or counter instead of getting a napkin or plate to rest the spoon on; or when people just put their coats on the floor or across the chair or couch instead of hanging them in the coat closet where they belong. It doesn't drive me nuts but it does secretly irritate me. I just don't act on the irritation it because I know it's unreasonable and/or irrational. I try to keep my crazy to myself instead of unfairly inflicting it on other people. I'm organized and clean because it's easier to keep things clean in the first place than it is to actually spend the time cleaning something up after making a mess. But I deal with it pretty well, I know people make messes and it's fine.

I won't dust my house to save my life but there is very little "clutter" anywhere -- most everything in my house is in it's place and organized... and dusty. :)

14. Mar 16, 2012 at 3:32 PM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    idk. but that may have something to do with you’r internet. does not do it to me.

15. Mar 16, 2012 at 6:35 PM
    Larry

Larry CARL

Member:
    CARL
    I'm neither anal-retentive or OCD...

however...I am a perfectionist. and I have little patience.

basicially...I want it done right, and I want it NOW! :D

16. Mar 16, 2012 at 10:00 PM
    90YotaPU

90YotaPU The Messiah

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Union County, NJ
    Vehicle:
    1990 Toyota 4x4 (Pre-Taco)
    Aftermarket Stereo, Spidertrax Wheel Spacers, HF Air Horns, 3" Lift
    I have a couple of the top of my head:
    1) Anytime I do something like turn off a light switch, I have to double check it. Once with each hand.
    2) I cannot mix food when eating. Sides get eaten first. Main item last.
    3) No drinking while eating. Eat all food and then have a drink.
    4) If I'm listening to a cd in the truck and getting near my destination, I turn off the stereo before it starts a new song so it doesn't end in the middle of a song.
    5) Only have volume on even numbers.
    6) When field measuring something for work so I can put it into production, I have to be dead on. Like I find myself splitting 1/16" even though as long as I'm within an 1" I'm within tolerance for the product.

Products Discussed in

To Top