1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Just my luck!

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by IamJorgeEdward, May 22, 2010.

1. May 22, 2010 at 9:15 PM
    IamJorgeEdward

IamJorgeEdward [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jorge Edward
    Orlando, FL
    Vehicle:
    2015 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
    Completely stock
    So im at work and decide to go get a Monster from cvs. When i get there i look my doors and walk inside. So as im coming out i hit my keyless entry and i hear my doors unlock, but when i lift the handle i hear a little "ting" and the door wont open. so i then i hit the keyless entry once more and try to open my door again but nothing. I then open my passenger door and climb into my driver seat and call it a day and go home. when i get home i get out of my taco dukes of hazard style and grab some tools. heres the problem......THE DOOR WONT OPEN TO TAKE OFF THE PANEL!!! i then had to take out the driver seat and tear open what i can of the door panel. i then took off the rear door panel so i could see how it was configured bc i could only see much with the door panel still on. i was then able to open the door but heres the next problem, the only way for me to access the locking latch to fix the problem was to completely remove the window, then the sliding track bc it had a shield that blocked access to the latch while it was still installed.3 1/2 hrs later from me initially starting my little endeaver i found that it was a damn spring that busted. 4.99 fix from autozone.

2. May 22, 2010 at 9:20 PM
    HerNameIsLucy

HerNameIsLucy I miss Lucy. :-(

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Equador. Don't know why.
    Vehicle:
    RIP Lucy.
    She's gone but not forgotten.
    It's the little stuff that gets ya the worst sometimes. At least you have the skills to fix it yourself...I know a lot of people that would have paid hundreds to get that fixed.

3. May 22, 2010 at 9:24 PM
    IamJorgeEdward

IamJorgeEdward [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jorge Edward
    Orlando, FL
    Vehicle:
    2015 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
    Completely stock
    o yeah, the spring i got from autozone was way too long and i had to cut it to size. fyi i called toyota and they wanted to charge my 89.99 to look at it then whatever to fix it

Products Discussed in

To Top