1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

just ordered avid off road light bar

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by tacosupreme54, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Dec 23, 2010 at 8:57 PM
    tacosupreme54

tacosupreme54 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    NW GA
    Vehicle:
    Off-Road 4x4 SR-5
    OME 885's, 90000 and n182 shocks, CB drop, 295/75/16 Hankook Dynapro MT RT03's, 16"x8" Pro Comp 7089 wheels, Avid Off Road Light Bar, Magnaflow 12226-14'' Muffler dumped after axle, color matched grille, Team Realtree camo seat and steering wheel covers, Husky floor liners, towing hitch, bed extender, Tacoma bed mat, all black emblems, black sockmonkey decals, bedlined rear bumper.
    i'm not really sure yet. it's only been a couple of days. i do like the powder coating though. i had it primed, texture powder coated black, and finished in less than 36hrs for $153 and some change. of course it will chip, but not as easily as some backyard paint job. i think with regular wear and tear, it will be good for a while. even if it does chip, i can just use some flat black paint to cover it. that won't be too big of a deal to me. because with powder coating, they can't really touch it up. it's just like with body work, if you get one little scratch, they want to re-paint the whole thing. now i'm not sure if that's them ripping people off, or if it's truly the right way to do it. but for me, some flat black paint and holding something between the bar and the truck will suit me.

2. Dec 23, 2010 at 9:03 PM
    tacosupreme54

tacosupreme54 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    NW GA
    Vehicle:
    Off-Road 4x4 SR-5
    OME 885's, 90000 and n182 shocks, CB drop, 295/75/16 Hankook Dynapro MT RT03's, 16"x8" Pro Comp 7089 wheels, Avid Off Road Light Bar, Magnaflow 12226-14'' Muffler dumped after axle, color matched grille, Team Realtree camo seat and steering wheel covers, Husky floor liners, towing hitch, bed extender, Tacoma bed mat, all black emblems, black sockmonkey decals, bedlined rear bumper.
    wow, more than you paid for it and two weeks?!? that's crazy. i'm glad i'm kept it simple just got a standard black. just dropped it off one morning and was ready after lunch on the next day. i can understand why yours took longer and cost more, the color matched looks good! and the rest of your post was informative also.

Products Discussed in

To Top