1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Just painted my rims, they look pimp!!!

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by 375taco, Sep 4, 2009.

1. Sep 4, 2009 at 7:01 PM
    375taco

375taco [OP] controlled pair?

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport 4x4 DC SB
    OME lift w/ 1" spacer. Built Right UCA's. Tinted all the way around. De-badged. Trimming up front
    Hey, i have debated on painting my rims or getting them powdercoated. the lowest i could find on powdercoating rims was through GA powdercoating and it was 40 a rim. vs. 10 bucks for 2 cans of rustoleum hammerd black spray paint for wheels and metal. well its dark dark grey looks almost black. anyways i took some steelwool well let me back track i ran into a delema. you will laugh i have 2 jack stands and a jack...i needed to get all 4 off at the same time to save time. so i went looking around the house,yard,and garage nothing that wouldnt damage the undercarrage. so i thought hey! i have a spare so i jacked it up, put the spare on threw the jack stands under the truck and left the jack under too and waaalaaa all 4 are off. so back to the steel wool.i sanded them down pretty good doughed them up and washed them in some dawn dish soap. to de-grease the rims offingerprints or anything. so i wiped them off and it was hot and the sun dried them out too. well another issue.i tried taping the tires off because i dodnt want them to get paint on them....right? well the first tire took about 10minutes to tape and cut the excess tape off. by that timemy beer was gone and i was sweating my ass off. so i just threw tape over the white lettering and was careful. that saved a lot of time and the other tires i couldnt get the tape to stick to them armorall didnt help. and i didnt feel like re-washing and drying the whole 9 yards again. so quick fix was tape the white letters. anyways i applied a coat and turned the tires/rimsupright and sprayed the inside just where you can see. needless to say its the best 10 bucks i have spent lately. makes my taco look sweet. i will attach a pic. i was thinking of the gold rustoleum but i didnt want to always keep it real...ya so that was my friday off hope you enjoyed. next time i have a littleproject and help would be apprechated and i will have icey cold beer. plus i have a hot wife that will bring it out to us. haha. drive safe. RLTW

here is before and after i just took the pic so its at night.

trucl 006.jpg
    truck new 004.jpg
    truck new 005.jpg
    truck new 001.jpg

2. Sep 4, 2009 at 7:10 PM
    Hologram

Hologram Go with the flow

Member:
    Pensacola-Destin, FL 850
    Vehicle:
    03 Doublecab PreRunner SR5
    looks much better man. i spray painted my stock wheels and it makes the overall appearance that much better.

3. Sep 4, 2009 at 7:13 PM
    375taco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport 4x4 DC SB
    OME lift w/ 1" spacer. Built Right UCA's. Tinted all the way around. De-badged. Trimming up front
    ya i was pumped they turned out good. i like the 08 trail tacomas the TRD with the mountain in the background sticker and that makes it kinda look like it. just not all the bells and whistles. i told the wife i could so the rims on her staurn....she didnt go for it. haha

4. Sep 4, 2009 at 7:15 PM
    Hologram

Hologram Go with the flow

Member:
    Pensacola-Destin, FL 850
    Vehicle:
    03 Doublecab PreRunner SR5
    lol yeah i bet. what i really like is the fj cruiser trd wheels. i really want the black ones but if i could get the silver ones and paint them black ill be happy either way.

5. Sep 4, 2009 at 7:25 PM
    375taco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport 4x4 DC SB
    ya no shit i looked at those last night. they are BA they sell some knockoff that look pretty good but the fj trd'slook sweet. and ya i would take the silvers ones and paint them i wouldnt give 2 shits. i found them from 1499-2500 u?

Products Discussed in

To Top