1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Just put some finishing touches on my Avid setup

Discussion in 'Avid Off Road' started by 0uTkAsT, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Sep 6, 2011 at 7:33 AM
    0uTkAsT

0uTkAsT [OP] Gun Toting Gearhead

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Chandler, AZ
    Vehicle:
    '06 5-Speed 4X4 Base
    Avid custom front & rear bumpers, Avid sliders & skid plates, Avid light bar, six 6.5" 100W off road lights, Eibach coils, Bilstein 5100s front & rear, Deaver AAL, MB 72B 16x8.5" wheels, 33" Hankook Dynapro AT-Ms, aFe dry filter, intake baffle & charcoal filter deleted, MagnaPack 18" muffler & exhaust bend delete, bedside & tailgate vinyls, carpeted bed, 25% tint, painted grille, mudflap delete, Supertop camper, black headlights & tail lights, breather mod, smoked 3rd brake light, recovery gear, mounted shovel, axe, extinguisher, Hi-Lift in Quickfist clamps / XRAC, sway bar delete, debadged tailgate, custom gun rack, bullet antenna, Kenwood double DIN nav, Scosche dash, JBL door speakers, aluminum pedals & shift knob
    I promised Brandon and Ted some pictures once everything was painted up and buttoned down so here they are. Brandon does amazing work and not only made my concept a reality but added all sorts of really cool features that made these better than I had ever hoped.

Can't wait to get started on our next project Avid! Thanks again!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Sep 6, 2011 at 9:39 AM
    xSectionxEightx

xSectionxEightx Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 4.0L 6sp Access Cab
    Allpro LT powder coated black with Fox 2.5s. BAMF Sliders w/ kick outs. Allpro Expo leaf pack and Fox 2.0 RR. Brute Force hybrid bumper. BAMF Roofrack. Tepui Kukenam in Siberia Camo. CBI ditch light brackets. Cobra CB. Allpro skidplate.
    Truck looks great man:thumbsup:

3. Sep 7, 2011 at 12:23 AM
    brandonaz

brandonaz Avid Off Road Vendor

Member:
    Thanks Josh.. Looks even better all painted and installed. I see you gave into the abuse and painted the area behind the bumpers... Looks great. Now onto your next project..

4. Sep 7, 2011 at 1:16 AM
    Cortland

Cortland THIS IS AMERICA!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Cortland
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Clifford aka Big Red
    Camburg 4" Spindles, 5100's All Around, All-Pro 1.5" Leaf Pack, All-Pro U-Bolt Flip Kit, Avid Sliders, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Wicked Flow 18" Muffler
    Looks awesome!

5. Sep 7, 2011 at 1:54 AM
    paintdiddy

paintdiddy Machine gun shits

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    nj and not from "the jersey shore"
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    That is a sexy reg cab

6. Sep 7, 2011 at 1:57 AM
    yotamikez

yotamikez Street glide or die

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Valrico
    Vehicle:
    04 civic & 08 Street glide
    More pics of the rear bumper? Looks like they rapped around into that dead zone, trucks looks good.

7. Sep 7, 2011 at 2:09 AM
    T4C0CH40S

T4C0CH40S RINZLER

Member:
    First Name:
    Stefen
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    THE RECTIFIED PRERUNNER
    ADS Racing Shocks | Dirt King | KMF | Pelfreybilt | BruteForceFab | Total Chaos | HomerTaco | Toywerx | Tepui | Toyo Tires | Stealth Custom Series | Stealth Runner 8 | SDHQ | MaxTrac | TRS | Morimoto | Rigid Industries | VIP | Jumpers LEDs | Wet Okoles | Trailer Products | McNeil Racing | ECGS | AFe CAI | IAS | ...Check out my RECTIFIED BUILD>>>>>>>>>>>
    Josh that looks awesome! And I agree with Brandon's work! We should start the "Almighty Brandon from Avid Off Road Thread" and add pics of his awesome work

8. Sep 7, 2011 at 7:56 AM
    xSectionxEightx

xSectionxEightx Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 4.0L 6sp Access Cab
    Allpro LT powder coated black with Fox 2.5s. BAMF Sliders w/ kick outs. Allpro Expo leaf pack and Fox 2.0 RR. Brute Force hybrid bumper. BAMF Roofrack. Tepui Kukenam in Siberia Camo. CBI ditch light brackets. Cobra CB. Allpro skidplate.
    Can't wait to get some Avid Sliders for my truck!!!

9. Sep 7, 2011 at 7:58 AM
    97yota4wd

97yota4wd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    alot of metal, small engine, decent travel.
    caged, camburg long travel, 50t leafpack (soon to be installed) light rack over cab, 5pt harnesses etc

this sounds like a great idea!!

awesome bumpers josh! and i agree with avids work! amazing stuff!

10. Sep 7, 2011 at 12:21 PM
    0uTkAsT

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Chandler, AZ
    Vehicle:
    '06 5-Speed 4X4 Base
    Avid custom front & rear bumpers, Avid sliders & skid plates, Avid light bar, six 6.5" 100W off road lights, Eibach coils, Bilstein 5100s front & rear, Deaver AAL, MB 72B 16x8.5" wheels, 33" Hankook Dynapro AT-Ms, aFe dry filter, intake baffle & charcoal filter deleted, MagnaPack 18" muffler & exhaust bend delete, bedside & tailgate vinyls, carpeted bed, 25% tint, painted grille, mudflap delete, Supertop camper, black headlights & tail lights, breather mod, smoked 3rd brake light, recovery gear, mounted shovel, axe, extinguisher, Hi-Lift in Quickfist clamps / XRAC, sway bar delete, debadged tailgate, custom gun rack, bullet antenna, Kenwood double DIN nav, Scosche dash, JBL door speakers, aluminum pedals & shift knob
    Thanks everyone!

Yes indeed, I'm glad I listened, I think it looks more "finished" now. Forgot to mention some dipshit already backed in to the front bumper. It held up 100% as expected, but they scratched my damn spray paint. I wonder what it did to their ride. :rolleyes:

I can't wait to get started on the next project! Already saving my pennies! :D

Not the greatest but it's all I've got right now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think that's a great idea!

11. Sep 7, 2011 at 12:29 PM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Love the rear tube bumper, best I've seen for the 2nd gen. Front looks great too....Maybe a slim fill plate between tube and bottom of grill kinda like on the back that has the 3 holes in it?

12. Sep 19, 2011 at 4:24 PM
    0uTkAsT

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Chandler, AZ
    Vehicle:
    '06 5-Speed 4X4 Base
    I put my Avid artwork to the test yesterday for the second time (some idiot backed in to my front bumper/light hoop previously and messed their ride up pretty bad and only scratched my spray paint :D ) but this time the abuse was self-inflicted :cool:

Basically, there was a crazy hill at Butcher Jones that was slick as hell and came complete with some gnarly ruts. Scott's stock chrome bumper bent like a pretzel and pushed upwards from just catching on the ground for a moment as he powered through it. My tractionless 4-banger actually slipped sideways and rolled backwards down the hill into a huge dip and came to rest on the lowest point of my Avid back bumper...

For all intents and purposes, the full weight of the truck was on the smallest diameter and least reinforced part of my bumper...

After driving out of the rut, I was shocked to see that the bumper itself was totally and completely unaffected. The gaps between the bumper and my bedsides/quarter panels/tail lights are still exactly the same from side to side.

My paint job is a little worse for wear but I am SO happy with the looks and performance of my Avid bumpers and sliders!! :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Sep 22, 2011 at 11:50 PM
    snowshredder555

snowshredder555 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ted
    Gilbert, Az.
    Vehicle:
    96' EconoBox

^^x2^^ what he said.

Like the testament of the rear bumper....send yer buddy over for us to out fit him to.

-Ted

14. Sep 23, 2011 at 4:04 PM
    0uTkAsT

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Chandler, AZ
    Vehicle:
    '06 5-Speed 4X4 Base
    He's well aware of you guys and will definitely hit you up when the time comes for new sliders and a rear bumper. ;)

15. Sep 29, 2011 at 7:38 AM
    Taco Man in HD

Taco Man in HD DC TRD MallRunner

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC Tacoma PreRunner
    Methods, Red Labels, and other bro stuff.
    looks great! :D

I used your front as an example for designing my Avid Offroad bumper that I am having built right now for my first gen prerunner!

16. Nov 26, 2011 at 10:08 AM
    zomg

zomg Well-Known Member

Member:
    NOLA
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5
    TRD CAI, Ultra-Gauge, All Weather Floor Mats, Rear Spring TSB, Avid Offroad Sliders, Spidertrax, Dynomax Superturbo, Bolt-on Grille
    What is the price & build time on the rear bumper?

17. Nov 26, 2011 at 10:15 AM
    DPR921

DPR921 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dylan
    Cheshire, MA
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 4x4 2.7
    Yea what do those front bumpers cost.. im interested!

To Top