1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Just Test Drove

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by tarheelfan_08, May 25, 2009.

1. May 25, 2009 at 10:54 AM
    tarheelfan_08

tarheelfan_08 [OP] Carolina Alliance

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2010 White 4x4 Double Cab Tacoma Short Bed
    Chrome Grill, Chrome accessories(door handles and mirror covers), LEER Super White Cover, Mirrors with Turn Signals, Window Vent Visors, Step Rails, WeatherTech Digital Floor Mats, Mini Maglight Holder, Chrome Bull Bar
    I Just Test Drove my first ever second generation Tacoma! And it was awesome! I definitely know that I want one now, but I just got to get a little bit more money and figure out what I want! I test drove a black, 2007, TRD Sport, with Mickey Thompson wheels and big nobby tires! It was a 4 door and the inside was spotless! But the outside was very scratched up, had a chipped windshield, cracked right taillight! Looked like a teenager had drove it and didnt care when his friends layed up against it! The truck was way out of my price range though and in my opinion very unreasonable! They wanted $24,000 for this truck and it had 52,000 miles on it! They offered me $7,200 for mine! IDK about all of this but it does not sounds like a good deal to me and I definitly do not plan on getting this one but it was a good start! :D

2. May 25, 2009 at 12:30 PM
    bajamoon

bajamoon Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    STEVE
    Whittier
    seems high for the miles and damage, go check out a dealer and see if you can find an 08, should get a sweet deal. 2nd gens are awesome, got to get rid of the 1st gen. eeewwww.:D

3. May 25, 2009 at 6:31 PM
    tarheelfan_08

tarheelfan_08 [OP] Carolina Alliance

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2010 White 4x4 Double Cab Tacoma Short Bed
    Chrome Grill, Chrome accessories(door handles and mirror covers), LEER Super White Cover, Mirrors with Turn Signals, Window Vent Visors, Step Rails, WeatherTech Digital Floor Mats, Mini Maglight Holder, Chrome Bull Bar
    That was from a dealer! But I am just getting ideas now...the first gen will have to last until I graduate college next May! And start my full time Job!!

4. May 25, 2009 at 6:51 PM
    AUDITECH

AUDITECH Carolina Alliance: LAZY DIVISION

Member:
    charlotte nc
    Vehicle:
    07 double cab prerunner
    none
    Yea I dont know what that dealer was thinking about priceing that truck but i would have laughed at them

5. May 25, 2009 at 7:03 PM
    Chad

Chad Rand Paul 2016

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Raleigh, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 V6 Access Cab TRD Sport
    Pioneer AVIC-X920BT Headunit -- BHLM -- Pioneer TS-A1685R 4-way Coax Speakers in Front -- Suntek CXP 40 Front Tint -- Access Vanish Roll-up Tonneau -- Wet Okole Seat Covers -- Fog Lights on Anytime -- PnL Powered Tailgate Lock -- DTRL "Stealth Mode" -- LED Footwell and Cup Holder Lights -- Map Lights ON with Dome Light -- Shorty Antenna -- AC Line Extension Mod -- 09+ Access Cab Rear Headrest Removal
    Go to Edmunds TMV (just type it in in google) and do their price comparison. They can value you trade - in, and how much you can expect to get the taco for. Very useful site, and very accurate. Just one problem, why in the world do you like Carolina?

To Top