1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Just totaled my truck...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by andrew, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Jan 30, 2011 at 10:19 PM
    RedOctober

RedOctober Taco lova

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Albany, NY
    Vehicle:
    08 Speedway Blue TRD Off Road
    I have had two Tacomas, the 07 and my 08, and they both had horrible Yokohamas. Getting some new ones next wk- Duratracs.

2. Jan 31, 2011 at 12:12 AM
    island808

island808 Me l've got brains.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jedediah
    hawaii
    Vehicle:
    '10 6speed 4x4 access cab
    Thanks for taking responsibility. First Post I've seen where someone wasn't blaming someone else for their crash.

Good luck.

3. Jan 31, 2011 at 3:53 AM
    fjm0008

fjm0008 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack
    Annapolis
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 LB White
    Sirius Starmate and ipod integration w/Pay15 Toy USA Spec, Hardwired Radar Detector and GPS, DRL Mod,Tailgate Anti Theft mod, Hi Lift Jack, CB Radio, Back up sensors, Front 30% tint, Leer 100R Cap, Weathertech, Under hood light and 12V outlet, D Rings, N-FAB Step Bars, Bed Mat, Yakima Bike Rack, OEM Roof Rack
    Glad to hear that you are OK. Keep us updated on your experience with your insurance company. You don't have a choice on whether the truck is totalled or not. It is the decision of your company based on $ and safety. In the majority of rollovers the vehicle will be a total loss because the passenger compartment is compromised. Since you have a 2005, ACV will most likely total it. Good luck and let me know if you need any assistance.

4. Jan 31, 2011 at 5:29 AM
    pudgie10

pudgie10 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Moline, Il
    Vehicle:
    2011 TlX Pro
    rear TSB
    Good to hear your ok. Sliding on ice and rolling is a scary thought and we have a winter blizzard advisory for the next two days predicting 12-18 inches of snow with high winds causing white out conditions at time. Hope they are wrong.

5. Jan 31, 2011 at 9:00 AM
    redrx8

redrx8 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Glad you are ok. My wife purchased blizzaks for my truck as a christmas present and let me tell you it's like night and day compared with my mud and snow tires. Here in town I don't see pavement all winter, just packed snow or ice on the roads and I don't need to put it in 4wd anymore. The truck just takes off, stops and handle so much better now. It's really worth having good winter tires if you live in an area that gets snow and ice.

6. Feb 1, 2011 at 6:57 PM
    andrew

andrew [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Sport, 4x4- totaled
    OEM bug deflector
    Thanks for all posts everyone...I really appreciate everyone's concern. I talked to my insurance guy today and his offer was very reasonable, much more than I was expecting so that was encouraging. I will be going to get all my things out of my totaled vehicle and I'll grab some better pictures and post them here.

I did have the stock tires but had taken my sand bags out for a trip I made when we had virtually no snow on the ground (oops)...I'm doubtful it would have made too much of a difference. Oh and I'm near mason city Iowa, to whoever asked.

Products Discussed in

To Top