1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Just turned over 40k today, whats important

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by JU Boi, Sep 11, 2011.

1. Sep 11, 2011 at 4:27 PM
    JU Boi

JU Boi [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alaska
    Vehicle:
    Super White 2006 Tacoma TRD Off Road 4X4
    Anytime Fogs, GROM ipod interface, Black Badges, Bed bike mount, trimmed mud flaps.
    Just turned over 40,000 miles and was looking through the maintenance schedule, i replace the oil every 3000 miles and will inspect the filters. Other than that what is super important to check? I tow occasionally and drive on dirt roads also sometimes. Nothing is leaking and the truck feels like it is running great.

I plan on replacing the battery before the winter and doing the oil in 500 miles.

Thanks guys (and girls) , this site rocks

2. Sep 11, 2011 at 5:05 PM
    907taco

907taco Alaskan Assassin

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Alaska
    Vehicle:
    2010 BlackSandPearl 4x4
    ultimate lift kit ( toytec ) ome dakar leaf pack , w/ extended length billies, LR uca's, Pro comp 7089s, KM2's 285 70 17, neoprene seat covers, weather techs, CBI sliders w/kickout, URD ss, cab mount chop, VHT night shade tint>tails,3rd B-light. Debadged. Grillecraft grille, rear diff breather mod. CBI Moab front bumper, warn M8000 winch, HID kragens 7", Hella's micro fogs. retrofit headlights HIDS, LED solutions maps/license! 886 back up light mod,
    i think checking all the nuts and bolts you can reach and re torqueing, check your u joints, check hoses in the engine bay, 40,000 mi. really isn't alot of miles but regular maintenance like your doing is enough. greasing your zirks every oil change. I just hit 36,500 on my 2010. i just noticed your in alaska also, are you in anchorage?

3. Sep 11, 2011 at 8:00 PM
    joes06tacoma

joes06tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Central Coast, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 Off Road Access Cab v6 6spd
    LEER Shell with dome lights operated with 3 way switches, aux backup lights with relay and 3 position switch, modified wiring to compass/temp display and clock to include switch that disables dimming function (poor man's DRL solution), Scan Gauge 2
    Plugs every 30K on the v6. Not sure what's recommended for the trans, I have a manual. I changed trans, transfercase, front and rear diff oil at 42K when I bought the truck. I'm going to do those every 30K. It may not be needed with my relatively light use, but it's good insurance I think.

Other than that, check the brakes and anything else you can get to easily while you are under there.

4. Sep 11, 2011 at 8:05 PM
    toyotatacomaTRD

toyotatacomaTRD Senior Member

Member:
    This should help.

Attached Files:

5. Sep 12, 2011 at 8:09 PM
    JU Boi

JU Boi [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alaska
    Vehicle:
    Super White 2006 Tacoma TRD Off Road 4X4
    Anytime Fogs, GROM ipod interface, Black Badges, Bed bike mount, trimmed mud flaps.
    wow you are awesome, that is a sweet guide!

Products Discussed in

To Top