1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

just want to say thank you to all of the law enforcement officers!

Discussion in 'Law Enforcement Officers' started by 97yota4wd, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Feb 2, 2012 at 11:56 PM
    97yota4wd

97yota4wd [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    alot of metal, small engine, decent travel.
    caged, camburg long travel, 50t leafpack (soon to be installed) light rack over cab, 5pt harnesses etc
    i just wanted to say thank you for helping keep our country safe, and keeping the streets clean!

i just felt you guys dont get thanked like you should.

without you guys we wouldnt be where we are today.:D

2. Feb 3, 2012 at 12:00 AM
    Konaborne

Konaborne Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
    Cops have helped my fam though a lot of hard times

and helped Tiana when an asshole with a slim jim and some rebar tried to kidnap her.

3. Feb 3, 2012 at 12:03 AM
    Stout890

Stout890 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Rosamond ca
    Vehicle:
    99 prerunner sr5
    HID head lights, fagtech coil overs and an AAL, gay ass 2 inch body lift (soon to be removed) taneau cover, k&n intake, soon to have an axle swap with a E locker
    Cops can be dicks and cocky ass holes too let's not forget. But too the good cops (I have dealed with a few) I agree thanks for your service we need more good cops

4. Feb 3, 2012 at 12:05 AM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 GO VOLS!

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    x1000! thanks ALLOT GUYS!

always got you’r back (if you need it)

i have never had a bad encounter with the 5-0 and hope i never do.

5. Feb 3, 2012 at 12:25 AM
    Stout890

Stout890 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Rosamond ca
    Vehicle:
    99 prerunner sr5
    HID head lights, fagtech coil overs and an AAL, gay ass 2 inch body lift (soon to be removed) taneau cover, k&n intake, soon to have an axle swap with a E locker
    I feel being 26 is a bad age for dealing with Johnny law...it's like a pissing contest since there all the same age just about. Iv had my brother in law jumped at a bar and had to fight dudes who were stomping him out while the cops were 20ft away talking to chicks and when they finally came over the punks had ran back into the bar and stripped to under shirts so they were less identifiable and the cops put ME in hand cuffs for being drunk in public because I was trying to tell them where the dudes ran off too, and was upset they wouldn't do anything My sister had to beg them not to arrest me. Shit just thinking about that story makes me feel like saying fuck the police...but than I digress lol

6. Feb 3, 2012 at 7:07 AM
    97yota4wd

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    caged, camburg long travel, 50t leafpack (soon to be installed) light rack over cab, 5pt harnesses etc
    you think every cop is going to be nice to you when pulling you over? hell no if i was a cop pulling some random person over that could have a gun hell yeah im gonna be crazy. people say thanks to our military personalle (sp?) but not our cops? they help hold this country together too ya know.

not every cop on the streets are perfect. just like you and me.
    this is not a "cops have done this bad to me" thread. please go elswhere

7. Feb 3, 2012 at 7:09 AM
    Rusty 06 4x4

Rusty 06 4x4 NBHNC

Member:
    First Name:
    Rusty
    West Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2006 4x4 Tacoma TRD DCSB
    yep thanks for keeping us safe from the scum of the world and protecting us from those pesky JEEP drivers

8. Feb 3, 2012 at 7:16 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '13 Ford F-150 SCREW
    F-150 Mod
    Way to crap on what should be a thread of appreciation... :jerkoff:

Obviously there are bad apples in every profession but, if you find yourself constantly running into those 'bad' cops, at some point in time did you ever start thinking 'maybe it's me'? :rolleyes:

Thanks to the LEOs :cheers:

9. Feb 3, 2012 at 7:18 AM
    Rusty 06 4x4

Rusty 06 4x4 NBHNC

Member:
    First Name:
    Rusty
    West Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2006 4x4 Tacoma TRD DCSB
    x2 if you don't act like an ass or break the law you never have to worry about the cops being an ass. I hate when people try to high jack a thread.. it say appreciation .. and always has to be one hater.. Haters gonna hate

10. Feb 3, 2012 at 7:22 AM
    Razorecko

Razorecko Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 Pyrite DCLB TRD Supercharged
    I'd like to say a big F** You !! To all the @sshats in office making the local cops and troopers go around bringing in ticket revenue for the state instead of letting them help people. I'm sure they'd rather help people or arrest those making serious crimes instead of setting multiple speed traps along catches of highway and "seat belt" check points. I guess I"m getting annoyed seeing people stranded in cars that broke down on the side of the highway and on the other side a few hundred feet away there is a trooper bringing in ticket revenue so he can meet his boss's quota and keep his job.

11. Feb 3, 2012 at 1:12 PM
    97yota4wd

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    x2, i agree!
    exactly... i do my best to not get in trouble and if i do something stupid and the cop is a dick about it, well i did something stupid haha so i cant argue.

fixed that for ya.

12. Feb 3, 2012 at 1:17 PM
    tigerfan00

tigerfan00 BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Dunkin Donuts
    Vehicle:
    02 TRD 4x4
    I'm glad you're so well-informed that you have even a shred of an idea of what you're talking about

13. Feb 3, 2012 at 1:18 PM
    tigerfan00

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Dunkin Donuts
    Vehicle:
    02 TRD 4x4
    To the rest of you...I'm sure I speak for most of us officers here and say no thanks is needed

We didnt get into this profession for the recognition or anything like that...most of us love what we do and we do appreciate those of you who aren't jerks

:thumbsup:

14. Feb 3, 2012 at 1:25 PM
    sofiasdad11

sofiasdad11 Reads more than posts

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Near the Windy City, but in the country
    Vehicle:
    2011 BLACK 4X4 DCLB TRD SPORT
    Flux capacitor (2nd gen version), toytec ultimate liftkit, amp research powersteps, custom katzkin heated leather incl. console cover, retraxpro retractable bed cover, earnhardt jr. cannons@18x9(summer),ballistic jesters@18x9 (winter),285/60/18 nitto grapplers, bodymatched bushwackers, the original Homertaco full satoshi " raptor" grill, viper 5704 remote/smart-start/alarm, ravelco anti-theft device, ipcw tails, redline hoodstruts, oem roof rack, led maps/dome, backup light mod, swingcase storage box, jl audio stealthbox and amps,focal drivers,alpine head, pop&lock premium handle, seatbelt chime disabled, tailgate hoseclamp mod, rich evans caliper covers, weathertech digitalfit mats, flyzeye V2W,oem bedmat, salex console organizer,speeddawg shiftknob
    :eek: wow, LEA can provoke a lot of responses. at the end of the day, everyone, and i mean EVERYONE, has to understand that LEA are PEOPLE TOO, similar to everyone else. if treated poorly, they often respond in kind, and the opposite applies. i deal with the dregs of society, after their incarcerated. nothing worse than a bad cop, nothing greater than a decent officer. go to 26th and California in Chicago, with it's 10K, yes 10thousand inmates, now, that's an experience.

15. Feb 3, 2012 at 1:27 PM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '13 Ford F-150 SCREW
    F-150 Mod
    You mean your sole purpose in your career as a LEO isn't to write frivolous tickets to generate revenue at the direction of your local politician? :rolleyes:

16. Feb 3, 2012 at 1:28 PM
    tigerfan00

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Dunkin Donuts
    Vehicle:
    02 TRD 4x4
    i know it's a surprise...but no

I wrote 4 tickets last month

17. Feb 3, 2012 at 1:38 PM
    sofiasdad11

sofiasdad11 Reads more than posts

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Near the Windy City, but in the country
    Vehicle:
    2011 BLACK 4X4 DCLB TRD SPORT
    Flux capacitor (2nd gen version), toytec ultimate liftkit, amp research powersteps, custom katzkin heated leather incl. console cover, retraxpro retractable bed cover, earnhardt jr. cannons@18x9(summer),ballistic jesters@18x9 (winter),285/60/18 nitto grapplers, bodymatched bushwackers, the original Homertaco full satoshi " raptor" grill, viper 5704 remote/smart-start/alarm, ravelco anti-theft device, ipcw tails, redline hoodstruts, oem roof rack, led maps/dome, backup light mod, swingcase storage box, jl audio stealthbox and amps,focal drivers,alpine head, pop&lock premium handle, seatbelt chime disabled, tailgate hoseclamp mod, rich evans caliper covers, weathertech digitalfit mats, flyzeye V2W,oem bedmat, salex console organizer,speeddawg shiftknob
    wtf?...don't u understand?

18. Feb 3, 2012 at 1:42 PM
    SteelRain

SteelRain Veteran Redleg

Member:
    First Name:
    Curt
    San Tan Valley, Arizona
  19. Feb 3, 2012 at 1:44 PM
    Razorecko

Razorecko Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 Pyrite DCLB TRD Supercharged

Oh I dont ? Thats why even though illinois is severely over budget we managed to hire 75 new state troopers. I'm sure they were hired just for protecting citizens :rolleyes: - thats why now on my highway route I see them pulling people over all the time. And why when I got pulled over the trooper told me " sorry, I gotta do this, ( hands ticket ) go to court and it'll be dropped 'cause I wont show up "..... Just like how local police get funding for "seatbelt" checkpoints when in reality they're looking for dui arrests as they make the most revenue for the state. I know alot of good cops and have nothing bad to say about them. I'm talking about how those in control are using officers more for generating revenue than helping people.

20. Feb 3, 2012 at 1:46 PM
    TACWUT

TACWUT Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    12 prerunner DC
    Flowmaster turndown, 5100 up front/5150 rear, maxtrac spindles, 2" tuff country add a leaf+TSB.
    WRONG! I DONT EVER COME ON HERE TALKING BOUT THIS......

I was off at 4 am and up @ 8 am helping an elderly couple who I encountered during my shift. stranded with a flat tire and no spare at 1am. I slept 3 hours, drove 30 miles, and changed their tire. I couldnt help them in the middle of the night cause there's no open shop and they refused a ride. With only $100 in their pocket, guess who paid for that tire?
    Its now two days later and I am at the hospital with another local who asked me to be here after their surgery. I am still trying to recover from the lack of sleep.

To Top