1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

just want to say thank you to all of the law enforcement officers!

Discussion in 'Law Enforcement Officers' started by 97yota4wd, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Feb 3, 2012 at 1:48 PM
    97yota4wd

97yota4wd [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    alot of metal, small engine, decent travel.
    caged, camburg long travel, 50t leafpack (soon to be installed) light rack over cab, 5pt harnesses etc
    okay lets stop caring about DUIs.

lets go drive drunk, yay!

stop shitting on this thread. if you want to be a d-bag go somewhere else.

2. Feb 3, 2012 at 1:50 PM
    sofiasdad11

sofiasdad11 Reads more than posts

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Near the Windy City, but in the country
    Vehicle:
    2011 BLACK 4X4 DCLB TRD SPORT
    Flux capacitor (2nd gen version), toytec ultimate liftkit, amp research powersteps, custom katzkin heated leather incl. console cover, retraxpro retractable bed cover, earnhardt jr. cannons@18x9(summer),ballistic jesters@18x9 (winter),285/60/18 nitto grapplers, bodymatched bushwackers, the original Homertaco full satoshi " raptor" grill, viper 5704 remote/smart-start/alarm, ravelco anti-theft device, ipcw tails, redline hoodstruts, oem roof rack, led maps/dome, backup light mod, swingcase storage box, jl audio stealthbox and amps,focal drivers,alpine head, pop&lock premium handle, seatbelt chime disabled, tailgate hoseclamp mod, rich evans caliper covers, weathertech digitalfit mats, flyzeye V2W,oem bedmat, salex console organizer,speeddawg shiftknob
    CO in illinois largest mental health facility. sorry, cmack, if i seemed harsh, but i've seen every type of LEA there is in my 26 years, and just desire that the general public realize LEA are human. good cop, bad cop, it's not just a scenario.

3. Feb 3, 2012 at 1:51 PM
    TonkaToyTaco

TonkaToyTaco Hope you can run faster than 965 FPS

Member:
    First Name:
    Louie
    Street, MD
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma TRD DCLB 4X4
    Bilstein 5100 all around with front set at .85 w/Eibach coil and 1/2 spacer, Rear 2" Deaver AAL, SCS Steath 6 matte black rims wrapped in 265/70/17 Duratracs, Blacked out emblems, Debaged tailgate, Tinted windows (5% in rear, 20% up front and 50% on windsheild), HID 35W 6000K headlights and 35W 4300K fog lights, Smoked Tail lights and 3rd brake light, T-Rex 2 eyelids colormatched, Foglight anytime MOD, All LED interior and exterior ligths, Volant CAI With forced Ram, JET throttle body spacer, Doug Thorley LT Headers, Aero Turbine SS Muffler, Aero Turbine SS 4inch tip dumped after axel, URD MAF Calibrator, LED bed lights, 4X4 light mod, Satoshi Grill with matching scoop and lower Valance, Hella 700FF HID 55W 6000K behind Satoshi, Diff breather mod, Sea Blu secondary fuse box with 100A breaker, Omega Train Horns with dual Air Compressors and 5 Gal tank, Ultraguage, Andre Devil Horns
    ^X2 no thanks needed but we do appreciate the people that we do encounter that respect us for who we are not for what past officers have treated them like and take it out on all cops. We are out to help you and keep everyone safe not to try and screw everyone over. Thank you guys for realizing that

4. Feb 3, 2012 at 1:53 PM
    carcharias

carcharias Giggiddy what what

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 AC MGM OR
    Kings all-around w/ 700lb coils, Dakar leaf pack, TC uca's, DO single hoop bumper, BAMF bolt-on sliders w/ kickouts, Rigid 20" e-series spot/flood, aFe pro-dry, BFG KM2 255/85/16, silver TRD FJ wheels, WARN M8000-s, Access LE, Grillcraft, BAMF lightbar, BAMF rear dif skid, BAMF LCA skids, window tint, Wet Okoles, WeatherTech floorliners, Silverstar lights, led dome lights, Redline Tuning hood struts, center console lock mod, mag-lite mod, extra d-rings, re-routed exhaust, ATO skids, ATO Hi-Lift mounts, pipe tailgate lock, seatbelt alarm delete, wheel/spare locks, Viper 5901, LoJack... WISHLIST: a golden canary that poops platinum
    Maybe you shouldn't have broken the law to get pulled over anyway? Ever think about that?

5. Feb 3, 2012 at 1:57 PM
    Mr. Brown

Mr. Brown Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orange County
    Vehicle:
    White Double Cab Off Road
    Suspensiopn: Donahoe coil overs, Donahoe rear reservoir shocks, Light Racing UCA's, Wheelers AAL's, Exterior: Powder-coated black billet grill, Hella Black Magic fog lights, color matched rear bumper, color matched side mirrors, undercover tonneau cover, Interior: Alpine W203 w/ Blackbird II, Weathertech Floor-liners, blue gauge light mod, Performance: AFE Stage II Intake, Banks exhaust, single cat y-pipe, Dynomat hood-liner, NST Performance pulleys, URD MAF calibrator
    This thread makes me sad.

6. Feb 3, 2012 at 1:59 PM
    Khaos

Khaos Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    Tallahassee FL
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prerunner TRD Off Road
    265/75/16 BFG A/T, 18" Magnaflow, K&N Intake Filter, Ultra-Gauge, Kobalt Toolbox, Metal Tail Light Guards, Cobra 19 and 4ft fiberglass antenna, Plasti dipped Badges/lower valance/rear bumper/grill/bullbar/ac controls, black DIN kit, JVC KD-X40, Wet Suit Seat Covers
    Did my apartment thread start all the police drama on this forum lately? Wasn't my intent. There are assholes in every profession, I can't stand all the attitude towards police, especially when if shit hits the fan they're the first person a majority of you call.

Police, Firefighters, Military, you all have my thanks and respect.

7. Feb 3, 2012 at 2:10 PM
    97yota4wd

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    caged, camburg long travel, 50t leafpack (soon to be installed) light rack over cab, 5pt harnesses etc
    me too:(
    i think it has always been here, just more members now. i cant stand peoples attitude towards them either:( irritates me, especially after they put their life on the line every day making this country better

8. Feb 3, 2012 at 2:11 PM
    SteelRain

SteelRain Veteran Redleg

Member:
    First Name:
    Curt
    San Tan Valley, Arizona

Wow....yes I agree, we can be dicks at times. But what made us be that way? Was it the attitude that was given to us before we even opened our mouth and greeted you. I know that's usually the case with me. I can't speak for the other LEO's out here, but I am usually friendly, professional and respectful. I have been known to exercise GREAT patience with people and have caught flak for it from co-workers.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with Law Enforcement. But you said it yourself, you were drunk in public. I deal with drunk folks all the time. They can be unpredictable and are often irrational in thinking. It's a safety issue to reduce injuries to not only the cop, but others including yourself. I'm sorry your brother in law was asaulted and the guys got away. You have to look at things in a different perspective. We're coming in completely blind and have to start from scratch. It's very difficult at times to single out a suspect, especially when we don't actually catch them in the act. I've walked through huge events that are fill with hundreds, even thousands of people...it's very difficult to keep watch over every single person. As I have said before...go through a hiring process, get hired, go through an Academy and then weeks of Field Training. Don't cast judgement on something that you know only one side of.

With that being said, I still respect you for your service to our nation and respect your right of the 1st Amendment. I hope someday you'll have a more positive experience with Law Enforcement.

9. Feb 3, 2012 at 2:12 PM
    SteelRain

SteelRain Veteran Redleg

Member:
    First Name:
    Curt
    San Tan Valley, Arizona

Um...you REALLY wanna go on another Ride-a-long??

10. Feb 3, 2012 at 2:17 PM
    Stout890

Stout890 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Rosamond ca
    Vehicle:
    99 prerunner sr5
    HID head lights, fagtech coil overs and an AAL, gay ass 2 inch body lift (soon to be removed) taneau cover, k&n intake, soon to have an axle swap with a E locker
    all i can think when i read this thread is that the people who love cops obviously haven't had to deal with too many dick officers. maybe thats due to the area you live in, or the fact that your an angel i dunno. but the people here who have have a sore point of view on officers have there reasons and you cant change there mind (you can just youtube "cops being ass holes" and see for yourself). and I AGREE cops don't need to be thanked, its just a job. im a veteran of the navy and i don't even go around thanking military folks, not because i don't like them (like cops lol) but because its just a job...its a fairly easy job at that..i did the most fucking off in my life while i was in the service and i know guys who wont get out because they know its the easiest job the'll ever have. now a marine who gave his leg..or even his life for that matter could use a thank you for there sacrifice or even an dead police officer and his family could use a thank you for there sacrafice. but we dont need threads to stoke there ego...ITS JUST A JOB!:amen: i could cruz around in a cop car all day and fuck with people....oh and by the way my best friends wife and an ex of mine:ohsnap: is a cop. and she tells me all the time how she fucks with people and how if she were assigned to the occupy protestors shed pepper spray and tazer them too just for fun....i tell them its fucked up and we argue but still were all friends in the end....so cant we all just get along no matter how we feel? :D lol

11. Feb 3, 2012 at 2:24 PM
    97yota4wd

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    i have dealt with dick head cops, why did i get pulled over? because i was being a idiot! so i deserved to be treated like an idiot!

cops, firefighters, and the military all put their life on the line and they all deserved to be thanked. and i will continue to do so.

thank you for your past services

12. Feb 3, 2012 at 2:25 PM
    Mr. Brown

Mr. Brown Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orange County
    Vehicle:
    White Double Cab Off Road
    Suspensiopn: Donahoe coil overs, Donahoe rear reservoir shocks, Light Racing UCA's, Wheelers AAL's, Exterior: Powder-coated black billet grill, Hella Black Magic fog lights, color matched rear bumper, color matched side mirrors, undercover tonneau cover, Interior: Alpine W203 w/ Blackbird II, Weathertech Floor-liners, blue gauge light mod, Performance: AFE Stage II Intake, Banks exhaust, single cat y-pipe, Dynomat hood-liner, NST Performance pulleys, URD MAF calibrator
    All I read was "I'm lazy, I feel entitled, I hang out with bad cops, I get drunk and get in cops faces, and if anybody actually likes cops its because they never did anything illegal and then got 'almost' arrested."

13. Feb 3, 2012 at 2:28 PM
    SteelRain

SteelRain Veteran Redleg

Member:
    First Name:
    Curt
    San Tan Valley, Arizona

:laughing:

14. Feb 3, 2012 at 2:28 PM
    tacoteacher

tacoteacher Well-Known Member

Member:
    socal
    Vehicle:
    05 SR5 access cab 4wd
    Stock for now
    LEO's:rockband::proposetoast::bowdown::dancingbacon::woot::cheers:

Sure, there are LEO's who are dicks. And doctors, teachers, carpenters, architects, bank managers, tire salesmen, engineers, pilots......Well, you get the point. We all act like that from time to time, it's part of being human.

15. Feb 3, 2012 at 2:29 PM
    sofiasdad11

sofiasdad11 Reads more than posts

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Near the Windy City, but in the country
    Vehicle:
    2011 BLACK 4X4 DCLB TRD SPORT
    Flux capacitor (2nd gen version), toytec ultimate liftkit, amp research powersteps, custom katzkin heated leather incl. console cover, retraxpro retractable bed cover, earnhardt jr. cannons@18x9(summer),ballistic jesters@18x9 (winter),285/60/18 nitto grapplers, bodymatched bushwackers, the original Homertaco full satoshi " raptor" grill, viper 5704 remote/smart-start/alarm, ravelco anti-theft device, ipcw tails, redline hoodstruts, oem roof rack, led maps/dome, backup light mod, swingcase storage box, jl audio stealthbox and amps,focal drivers,alpine head, pop&lock premium handle, seatbelt chime disabled, tailgate hoseclamp mod, rich evans caliper covers, weathertech digitalfit mats, flyzeye V2W,oem bedmat, salex console organizer,speeddawg shiftknob
    don't be sad. it's a good thing that dialogue can take place, from both sides. props to TW for having members that can do so:D

16. Feb 3, 2012 at 2:30 PM
    SteelRain

SteelRain Veteran Redleg

Member:
    First Name:
    Curt
    San Tan Valley, Arizona

Well said. You are correct. Everyone has the potentional to be a dick.
    :cool:

17. Feb 3, 2012 at 2:31 PM
    carcharias

carcharias Giggiddy what what

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 AC MGM OR
    Kings all-around w/ 700lb coils, Dakar leaf pack, TC uca's, DO single hoop bumper, BAMF bolt-on sliders w/ kickouts, Rigid 20" e-series spot/flood, aFe pro-dry, BFG KM2 255/85/16, silver TRD FJ wheels, WARN M8000-s, Access LE, Grillcraft, BAMF lightbar, BAMF rear dif skid, BAMF LCA skids, window tint, Wet Okoles, WeatherTech floorliners, Silverstar lights, led dome lights, Redline Tuning hood struts, center console lock mod, mag-lite mod, extra d-rings, re-routed exhaust, ATO skids, ATO Hi-Lift mounts, pipe tailgate lock, seatbelt alarm delete, wheel/spare locks, Viper 5901, LoJack... WISHLIST: a golden canary that poops platinum
    Oh, boy! This is a fun one! Unfortunately, I have to go to work at this very second, and so won't be able to fully respond like I would normally enjoy doing. Regardless, I've spent far too long as a civilian riding with cops, as well as working w/ CO's, all over this nation not to have a very strong idea of what their job entails. While there are some bad ones, a majority are good. To think putting your life on the line every day is an "ordinary" and "easy" job is almost mind-blowing. So, I'm going to go make a handful of cops famous tonight, and am looking forward to following this thread.

18. Feb 3, 2012 at 2:34 PM
    krap22

krap22 Well-Known Member

Member:

Curt, if i come to AZ, I'm definitely doing a ride-a-long with you.

19. Feb 3, 2012 at 2:34 PM
    ffbartlett

ffbartlett Well-Known Member

Member:
    southern california
    Vehicle:
    2011 Reg Cab 4x4
    tint, bfg's, 5100's, tunnel cover.
    thanks for the window tint tickets! fighting crime!

20. Feb 3, 2012 at 2:36 PM
    SteelRain

SteelRain Veteran Redleg

Member:
    First Name:
    Curt
    San Tan Valley, Arizona

Bummer...it was fun the last time you rode. I have an even better squad this rotation. I am having fun and laughing at work again. Hell, my Sgt (Stormee) even bought the 15 yr old I arrested last night a McDonalds Happy Meal, so he didn't go to jail hungry. He was a good kid, just made a mistake. He even thanked me for treating him with respect.

oh....I forgot....we're all assholes. My bad.

To Top