1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

just want to say thank you to all of the law enforcement officers!

Discussion in 'Law Enforcement Officers' started by 97yota4wd, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Feb 3, 2012 at 2:28 PM
    tacoteacher

tacoteacher Well-Known Member

Member:
    socal
    Vehicle:
    05 SR5 access cab 4wd
    Stock for now
    LEO's:rockband::proposetoast::bowdown::dancingbacon::woot::cheers:

Sure, there are LEO's who are dicks. And doctors, teachers, carpenters, architects, bank managers, tire salesmen, engineers, pilots......Well, you get the point. We all act like that from time to time, it's part of being human.

2. Feb 3, 2012 at 2:29 PM
    sofiasdad11

sofiasdad11 Reads more than posts

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Near the Windy City, but in the country
    Vehicle:
    2011 BLACK 4X4 DCLB TRD SPORT
    Flux capacitor (2nd gen version), toytec ultimate liftkit, amp research powersteps, custom katzkin heated leather incl. console cover, retraxpro retractable bed cover, earnhardt jr. cannons@18x9(summer),ballistic jesters@18x9 (winter),285/60/18 nitto grapplers, bodymatched bushwackers, the original Homertaco full satoshi " raptor" grill, viper 5704 remote/smart-start/alarm, ravelco anti-theft device, ipcw tails, redline hoodstruts, oem roof rack, led maps/dome, backup light mod, swingcase storage box, jl audio stealthbox and amps,focal drivers,alpine head, pop&lock premium handle, seatbelt chime disabled, tailgate hoseclamp mod, rich evans caliper covers, weathertech digitalfit mats, flyzeye V2W,oem bedmat, salex console organizer,speeddawg shiftknob
    don't be sad. it's a good thing that dialogue can take place, from both sides. props to TW for having members that can do so:D

3. Feb 3, 2012 at 2:30 PM
    SteelRain

SteelRain Veteran Redleg

Member:
    First Name:
    Curt
    San Tan Valley, Arizona

Well said. You are correct. Everyone has the potentional to be a dick.
    :cool:

4. Feb 3, 2012 at 2:31 PM
    carcharias

carcharias Giggiddy what what

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 AC MGM OR
    Kings all-around w/ 700lb coils, Dakar leaf pack, TC uca's, DO single hoop bumper, BAMF bolt-on sliders w/ kickouts, Rigid 20" e-series spot/flood, aFe pro-dry, BFG KM2 255/85/16, silver TRD FJ wheels, WARN M8000-s, Access LE, Grillcraft, BAMF lightbar, BAMF rear dif skid, BAMF LCA skids, window tint, Wet Okoles, WeatherTech floorliners, Silverstar lights, led dome lights, Redline Tuning hood struts, center console lock mod, mag-lite mod, extra d-rings, re-routed exhaust, ATO skids, ATO Hi-Lift mounts, pipe tailgate lock, seatbelt alarm delete, wheel/spare locks, Viper 5901, LoJack... WISHLIST: a golden canary that poops platinum
    Oh, boy! This is a fun one! Unfortunately, I have to go to work at this very second, and so won't be able to fully respond like I would normally enjoy doing. Regardless, I've spent far too long as a civilian riding with cops, as well as working w/ CO's, all over this nation not to have a very strong idea of what their job entails. While there are some bad ones, a majority are good. To think putting your life on the line every day is an "ordinary" and "easy" job is almost mind-blowing. So, I'm going to go make a handful of cops famous tonight, and am looking forward to following this thread.

5. Feb 3, 2012 at 2:32 PM
    cmack

cmack Impeach Chris4x4!

Member:
    I actually am impressed with the amount of patience you have with your profession. People of the internets, I have witnessed it too....

Dunno if I'm going to be able to make it happen or not.....

6. Feb 3, 2012 at 2:34 PM
    krap22

krap22 Well-Known Member

Member:

Curt, if i come to AZ, I'm definitely doing a ride-a-long with you.

7. Feb 3, 2012 at 2:34 PM
    ffbartlett

ffbartlett Well-Known Member

Member:
    southern california
    Vehicle:
    2011 Reg Cab 4x4
    tint, bfg's, 5100's, tunnel cover.
    thanks for the window tint tickets! fighting crime!

8. Feb 3, 2012 at 2:36 PM
    SteelRain

SteelRain Veteran Redleg

Member:
    First Name:
    Curt
    San Tan Valley, Arizona

Bummer...it was fun the last time you rode. I have an even better squad this rotation. I am having fun and laughing at work again. Hell, my Sgt (Stormee) even bought the 15 yr old I arrested last night a McDonalds Happy Meal, so he didn't go to jail hungry. He was a good kid, just made a mistake. He even thanked me for treating him with respect.

oh....I forgot....we're all assholes. My bad.

9. Feb 3, 2012 at 2:37 PM
    SteelRain

SteelRain Veteran Redleg

Member:
    First Name:
    Curt
    San Tan Valley, Arizona

DOOO EEET!!!! :D

10. Feb 3, 2012 at 2:37 PM
    SteelRain

SteelRain Veteran Redleg

Member:
    First Name:
    Curt
    San Tan Valley, Arizona

Don't break the law..LoL!!! :D

11. Feb 3, 2012 at 2:39 PM
    maineah

maineah Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    4X4 SR5 V6 6spd
    You got a lot to learn about cops

12. Feb 3, 2012 at 2:41 PM
    Razorecko

Razorecko Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 Pyrite DCLB TRD Supercharged

I got pulled over going 60mph in a 45mph work zone at midnight that hasnt had any workers in that area for weeks. Illinois likes to keep up work zones after they've been finished just for writing tickets.

13. Feb 3, 2012 at 2:43 PM
    KodiakToyTRD

KodiakToyTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout
    Eric, you got balls posting this...I hope it doesn't get locked. We appreciate the thanks, but its our job. Some cops do their job well, some don't.

Out of several hundred thousand cops, it bugs me people base their .02 on one cop.

Crime is crime, regardless if you're speeding, have too dark of tint or if you murder someone. Laws are laws, some cops are sticklers, some aren't.

This is a police officer appreciation thread, if you don't appreciate cops, why are you posting!?

14. Feb 3, 2012 at 2:43 PM
    SteelRain

SteelRain Veteran Redleg

Member:
    First Name:
    Curt
    San Tan Valley, Arizona
    You still exceeded the speed limit regardless.

15. Feb 3, 2012 at 2:43 PM
    KodiakToyTRD

KodiakToyTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout
    Always someone else's fault isn't it....:rolleyes:

16. Feb 3, 2012 at 2:43 PM
    Stout890

Stout890 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Rosamond ca
    Vehicle:
    99 prerunner sr5
    HID head lights, fagtech coil overs and an AAL, gay ass 2 inch body lift (soon to be removed) taneau cover, k&n intake, soon to have an axle swap with a E locker
    thats because we pay there salary and your damn right im gonna call them and make them do there job, and most likely they wont do vary much of a good one, at least the guys here in my city dont, its a small one, rosamond CA. i keep a gun in my home loaded in case a tweaker tries to pop in and say hello while im in bed :Dlol because i know there response time is damn near an hour...unless your getting a DUI than every cop in the whole city pulls up lol been there while my friend got his dui who wasn't even drunk, i watched him drink 2 beers than water for hours before we left. i was the drunk one in the passenger seat oh and that reminds me while that was going on they had me call my sister to come pick me up and i shit you not an officer (that i had supenad to court for a case i was fighting) leave the sceen just to intercepted her, (because he thought he had heard me say she was out with us) pulled her over for a license plate bulb being out and gave her a field sobriety test (she had just left her house from waking up to my call) and when she checked out ok he said "your free to go, looks like your light is working again" and returned to the scene to eventually call me back out of my sister car after i was finally released to her by another female officer, who mind you was vary nice and polite to me, look me up and down and tell me "were every where" i ended writing a complaint on him for harassment to me and my sister. and nothing came of that...:rolleyes:

and to carcharias yeah there job is for the most part easy...like i said my buddies wife is a cop and we talk, she is fat and alot of cops are fat and im fat so i know what it takes to be fat lol which isnt much..lol

and beleive me you all can hate me for my point of view but i fought for my right to say what i want and dammit im going to lol

17. Feb 3, 2012 at 2:46 PM
    cmack

cmack Impeach Chris4x4!

Member:
    :anonymous:

Well see. Maybe I can swing it. I'll know soon.

18. Feb 3, 2012 at 2:48 PM
    AlphaEcho2k5

AlphaEcho2k5 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Warren AFB, WY Originally: Spartanburg, SC
    Vehicle:
    '02 4Runner
    Simply, Thanks.[​IMG]

19. Feb 3, 2012 at 2:51 PM
    97yota4wd

97yota4wd [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    alot of metal, small engine, decent travel.
    caged, camburg long travel, 50t leafpack (soon to be installed) light rack over cab, 5pt harnesses etc
    so you broke the law and your mad you got pulled over. lol

exactly
    :rolleyes:lol

thanks, but honestly i dont think i have ever seen someone thank a cop on here like people do the military. so i kinda wanted to make it somewhat a bigger thanks than normal. hoping idiots wont come in here, but what was i thinking with that? lol

lol so they knew exactly what your sister was driving huh? and you know all of this for a fact? cause you were "the drunk one in the passenger seat". :rolleyes:

but im sure your "stories" are 100% accurate. even the 1hr long wait time when someone is breaking into your house.

20. Feb 3, 2012 at 2:53 PM
    Mr. Brown

Mr. Brown Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orange County
    Vehicle:
    White Double Cab Off Road
    Suspensiopn: Donahoe coil overs, Donahoe rear reservoir shocks, Light Racing UCA's, Wheelers AAL's, Exterior: Powder-coated black billet grill, Hella Black Magic fog lights, color matched rear bumper, color matched side mirrors, undercover tonneau cover, Interior: Alpine W203 w/ Blackbird II, Weathertech Floor-liners, blue gauge light mod, Performance: AFE Stage II Intake, Banks exhaust, single cat y-pipe, Dynomat hood-liner, NST Performance pulleys, URD MAF calibrator
    Ha, oh man. Cops didn't make tint illegal. You (via casting a vote or choosing not to vote and silencing yourself) chose politicians to make decisions for you. When your government representation decided to make tint illegal, you did by proxy. If you felt strongly enough against the laws of your state, you should have left before you got caught violating the laws that you, in effect, passed. You decided to stay in your state, which is kept civil by following and enforcing laws. Police officers would be doing you a great disservice by not writing you a tint ticket. If they didn't they wouldn't be following the orders given to them by you.

To Top