1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

just want to say thank you to all of the law enforcement officers!

Discussion in 'Law Enforcement Officers' started by 97yota4wd, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Feb 3, 2012 at 3:27 PM
    97yota4wd

97yota4wd [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    alot of metal, small engine, decent travel.
    caged, camburg long travel, 50t leafpack (soon to be installed) light rack over cab, 5pt harnesses etc
    this isnt a cop bashing thread, its a thanks thread.
    if you want to bash cops, make your own thread about bashing cops!

p.s. you may be banned for doing so.. and i hope its by tigerfan. :D

2. Feb 3, 2012 at 3:27 PM
    97yota4wd

97yota4wd [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    alot of metal, small engine, decent travel.
    caged, camburg long travel, 50t leafpack (soon to be installed) light rack over cab, 5pt harnesses etc
    [​IMG]

3. Feb 3, 2012 at 3:28 PM
    acdronin

acdronin Well-Known Member

Member:
    That looked like CHP, hey he didn't write him a ticket, that was cool. let's see, maybe the kraut was confused between KPH and MPH

4. Feb 3, 2012 at 3:29 PM
    tinker_troy

tinker_troy I feel so Devo

Member:
    WA
    In an attempt to stick with the original intent of this thread....

Thanks guys and gals.
    We know you didn't get into your line of work to be thanked but I'm going to anyway because you are doing a job I don't think a lot of us could do. That goes for firefighters and paramedics and all the others behind the scenes aswell. Thanks.

5. Feb 3, 2012 at 3:29 PM
    Stout890

Stout890 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Rosamond ca
    Vehicle:
    99 prerunner sr5
    HID head lights, fagtech coil overs and an AAL, gay ass 2 inch body lift (soon to be removed) taneau cover, k&n intake, soon to have an axle swap with a E locker
    lol pretty funny i do that sometimes too, so damn whens the test teacher?:D lol

6. Feb 3, 2012 at 3:31 PM
    BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk I support a velociraptor free workplace.

Member:
    First Name:
    Marcelasaurus
    AB, Canada
    Vehicle:
    The Scarlett Whore
    Check Build Thread!!
  7. Feb 3, 2012 at 3:31 PM
    SteelRain

SteelRain Veteran Redleg

Member:
    First Name:
    Curt
    San Tan Valley, Arizona

Shit..you got me there...I barely passed english. Fack. :eek:

8. Feb 3, 2012 at 3:40 PM
    joes06tacoma

joes06tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Central Coast, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 Off Road Access Cab v6 6spd
    LEER Shell with dome lights operated with 3 way switches, aux backup lights with relay and 3 position switch, modified wiring to compass/temp display and clock to include switch that disables dimming function (poor man's DRL solution), Scan Gauge 2
    Thank you to all the cops on here (if they are on here) who have caught me going 7 over the limit and left me alone.:)

Not sure what people are talking about when they bitch about excessive speed enforcement. California Highway Patrol is cool, I know that.

If you're over the limit and you see the cop, you're caught anyway. Slamming the brakes on isn't going to help you. If I'm more than 5 over, I lift off the gas and wave. Apparently there are enough people driving 10-15 over to keep the CHP busy, because they've had about 100 chances to nail me for 5-7.

My opinion is most of the time, you reap what you sow. There are bad apples in any bunch, but the only ticket I've ever got was for 21MPH over the limit.

9. Feb 3, 2012 at 3:42 PM
    Tacoma831

Tacoma831 Member

Member:
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Sport 4x4
    OME 886 Coils, OME Shocks, OME Dakars, Snug Top, De-Badged, ARB Bullbar, XRC8 Winch
    I am always respectful to the officers that pull me over at first; it makes sense, I want to be treated well. Most of them have been assholes though. That's where I tell them how upset I am with their service and they need to make changes and actually help people instead of reaching their quota. They like to hear that lol :cool:
    I know and respect some good officers, they are not all bad as in any field.

Edit: Thanks anyway y'all! I'm glad you are around in case I need assistance!

10. Feb 3, 2012 at 3:44 PM
    joes06tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Central Coast, CA
    Vehicle:
    LEER Shell with dome lights operated with 3 way switches, aux backup lights with relay and 3 position switch, modified wiring to compass/temp display and clock to include switch that disables dimming function (poor man's DRL solution), Scan Gauge 2
    I couldn't do your job. I could train for it, I could get myself hired, and I could physically do the job. But it would eat me alive mentally.:(

11. Feb 3, 2012 at 3:50 PM
    mcdowell

mcdowell My name is Mudd

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    mobile al
    Vehicle:
    2011 prerunner SR5
    2in Toytec leveling kit TSB 4 leafpack 130w KC driving lights Wsetin 3 tab lightbar Black headlights Trex eyelids TRD sport wheels Firestone MT Hood protector Vent visors Tube stepbars Colormatch grille
    2 officers were just shot in Mobile. 1 in the sallyport of the jail when they were trying to book the guy. Took off his neckless diamond shaped and stabbed the officer in the neck stoled his car ( bashing through the sally port door ) escaped to 8 miles down the road and shot another officer trying to stop him. 1 officer is dead and his family at the hospital in extreme grief. Wow. Gives a real perspective on what they do. I appreciate them for sure. This just happened Mobile Alabama.

12. Feb 3, 2012 at 4:00 PM
    joes06tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Central Coast, CA
    Vehicle:
    Nowhere close to professional, but sounded like a warning to me. If this is legitimate, I'd have arrested him. 98MPH?

13. Feb 3, 2012 at 4:01 PM
    sofiasdad11

sofiasdad11 Reads more than posts

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Near the Windy City, but in the country
    Vehicle:
    2011 BLACK 4X4 DCLB TRD SPORT
    Flux capacitor (2nd gen version), toytec ultimate liftkit, amp research powersteps, custom katzkin heated leather incl. console cover, retraxpro retractable bed cover, earnhardt jr. cannons@18x9(summer),ballistic jesters@18x9 (winter),285/60/18 nitto grapplers, bodymatched bushwackers, the original Homertaco full satoshi " raptor" grill, viper 5704 remote/smart-start/alarm, ravelco anti-theft device, ipcw tails, redline hoodstruts, oem roof rack, led maps/dome, backup light mod, swingcase storage box, jl audio stealthbox and amps,focal drivers,alpine head, pop&lock premium handle, seatbelt chime disabled, tailgate hoseclamp mod, rich evans caliper covers, weathertech digitalfit mats, flyzeye V2W,oem bedmat, salex console organizer,speeddawg shiftknob
    :eek: wtf son, this wasn't an experienced crew then. we recieve updates constantly on how perps may conceal weapons. you name it, they do it.

14. Feb 3, 2012 at 4:05 PM
    mcdowell

mcdowell My name is Mudd

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    mobile al
    Vehicle:
    2011 prerunner SR5
    2in Toytec leveling kit TSB 4 leafpack 130w KC driving lights Wsetin 3 tab lightbar Black headlights Trex eyelids TRD sport wheels Firestone MT Hood protector Vent visors Tube stepbars Colormatch grille
    Its crazy. Really strange set of events. Dont know. Book 10,000 people with no issues and then bam. Need to stay on your toes always no matter what

15. Sep 13, 2013 at 4:12 AM
    metrick1215

metrick1215 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Clayton, GA
    First Responder Light LED Dome Light NightShade Tail Light Constant On Cig Lighter DDM Tuning HID 6000K Polk Audio 6x9 in front, Polk 6 3/4 in rear Tint Windows 20% Debadged Cruise Control Relocated Horn Painted grill to match bumper 885 Reverse Lights Pioneer 3500BHS
    yes i know its a revival.. and some how got here by searching Window Tint....

i think its funny that 99% of you complaining of LEO are the ones breaking the law and getting caught..maybe if you werent fuc*in retarded and do stupid illegal things, maybe you wouldnt get tickets... hmmm there is a concept.. dont do illegal things and dont get tickets or go to jail.... Love how people shi* on a thread that is here to thank someone for what they do... ya some can be dicks but guess what.. its fuc*n morons like you that make them that way by doing stupid ass shi^...

Thank you to all LEO, while working beside you in my line of work i know that you have a tough job and that things with stupid people get hectic but im glad that you are there to protect and serve and im always glad to have your support and backup on over dose calls, shooting, Domestics, ect... So thank you for all you do...

To Top