1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Just Wondering...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by myname150, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Nov 10, 2010 at 10:42 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    I'm usually on the opposite side of these situations. :eek: Granted, I'm not totally up their ass.... depends on my mood. Believe it or not, but I got 10mph over the speed limit ALL the time. I've had punk-ass kids swerve around me and give me the finger. OK, now THAT'S SAFE. (jackass) And the funny thing is, that same guy got off at the off-ramp and was stuck in traffic. So, I politely gave him the finger salute as I passed him. How do you like me now?? Sucka....

2. Nov 10, 2010 at 10:45 AM
    blackhawke88

blackhawke88 wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Member:
    SGV, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad
    that's what I do, i turn on my ambers (really bright ambers) and it gets them off my ass every time. If not, i let them pass then I get up behind them, my prerunner bumper scares the shit out of them every time

3. Nov 10, 2010 at 10:52 AM
    Snoyota

Snoyota Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Marin County, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 Black Dbl Cab Sport
    3" King coilovers with resi, king rear shocks with resi, ome dakar leafs, 4xinnovation kickout sliders, CBI front bumper, warn M8000 winch K&N filter. Pioneer deckplate with 500w alpine amp and 13" Focal Sub
    not illegal to brake check, its illegal to tailgate or speed.

4. Nov 10, 2010 at 10:59 AM
    bakerla

bakerla Man, Myth, Legend

Member:
    First Name:
    Lyndall
    Pearland, TX
    Vehicle:
    '10 4wd OR
    CBI Moab front and CBI Trailrider rear, Budbuilt skids, Shrockworks sliders, OME Dakars w/ OME Nitros, OME 886x w/ OME Nitros, Light Racing UCAs, stainless steel brakelines F/R, Cobra 75 w/ Firestik antenna, 255/85/16 Cooper ST Maxx on 1st gen alloys, Weathertech liners, Engo 9000S winch, stickars and other shit.
    just remember the unofficial speed limit in the left lane (fast lane) is 10-15 mph above the posted limit, depending on what area of houston your driving. unwritten rule of the left lane: get over or speed up.

5. Nov 10, 2010 at 11:01 AM
    iSTIZO99

iSTIZO99 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Jax, FL
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport 4x4 DC/SB
    That's what I do.

6. Nov 11, 2010 at 11:20 AM
    myname150

myname150 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Lol That Would be Sugar Land. I think in general houston has some of the worst drivers...Ive seen this one lady driving and she was reading at the same time! On 59! Wtf.

Yeah, i dont plan on putting lights in the rear. This usally is a problem for me on just two lane roads where you cant pass. and im not that under the speed limit. Im about 5MPH above most of the time. Im not gonna speed just for the person behind and risk getting a ticket...

I do like the slowing down idea. lol.

7. Nov 18, 2010 at 10:41 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    I'd been 'brake checked' just the other day - and all I can say is WOW.

I'm on an acceleration lane about to merge in. It was a dark cloudy day, raining, and I always look in my blind spot mirror. I didn't see anyone, so I put my signal on and was getting ready to move out. This silver VW car starts speeding up obviously enough that now, I can see the front end of her car beside me. She starts swirving (on purpose) into my lane (I'm still in the acceleration lane) - so I had to swerve away from her. WTF???
    Obviously, I didn't see her. My bad.... Where do I send the "I'm sorry, my fault" card? Shit happens. I can't remember if she had her lights on or not. But seriously...do you have to be a dickweed and start swerving into me on purpose? I'm sorry I didn't see you....It wasn't on purpose!

I back off and get behind her. I thought the deal was over.

So, I'm about 3 car lengths behind her both of us going about the same speed in the right lane, until we reach a section where the speed limit drops. She slows down and I start to catch up. I get into the left lane and approaching the rear of her car. She starts swirving again into my lane and then cuts me off!!! I'm up her ass because she cut me off and she proceeds to brake check me...and it was obvious and pretty hard. It didn't last long.... YOU LITTLE BITCH!! WTF?
    I should've saw it coming. In all my years of driving, never saw such retaliation as I saw then.

After that, she gets into the right lane and immediately exits off the highway. I pass her and give her a dirty look and wave my arms....she's like snarling at me.

Surely, we've all wanted to give retaliation to people that piss us off on the roadways. But seriously? How much is too much? We're only creating an unsafe situation by doing so.

Half of me thinks I need bigger blind spot mirrors and the other half of me makes me think she was looking for an insurance claim or something?

Sorry, just had to share.

8. Nov 18, 2010 at 11:02 AM
    blackhawke88

blackhawke88 wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Member:
    SGV, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad
    ^ I just pull up behind them and turn these suckers on:
    [​IMG]

works every time :D

9. Nov 18, 2010 at 11:08 AM
    Fienoma

Fienoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Hieu
    New Mexcio
    Vehicle:
    2007 double cab Off road 4x4
    BHLM, In bed lights mod, K&N intake,OEM bed extender....more to come?
    I would have to agree with the slow down comment..
    When i get tailgated i just remember my dads rule..

"foot off the gas and wait for them to pass."
    If you're not in a rush, then let the person who is, go on their way.
    You never know..they might have to be rushing to the hospital or something..

I would ill advise when it comes to break checking since you wont know what the person will do or how they'll react.. The last time i break checked a car was on a dark night, we both pulled over, got in each other faces yelling..(Doing the whole "rolling up the sleeves thing).. for a few seconds then..stopped because we turned out to be friends..FML..

10. Nov 18, 2010 at 11:19 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    I can't remember. I didn't even think to look at the plate. All I remember, it was a silver VW. I agree with the kindness stuff.... After the fact, I should've given her the 'thumb on my nose' neener neener kinda of wave. Or point and laugh....

The one problem with having a personalized license plate - is its easy to remember. I just hope that person doesn't decide to hunt me down somehow. You never know what people are gonna do these days.

11. Nov 18, 2010 at 11:24 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    You could always just go with "Toyota Sudden Unintended Deceleration" due to the brake override ecu flash.

12. Nov 18, 2010 at 1:10 PM
    97T

97T Resident T100 guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Melt
    Littleton, CO
    Vehicle:
    97 T100 xcab 5spd 2wd
    soundstream 550.2 amp, 2 eclipse 10" subs, 4% tint rear window, 20% sides, 6" sunstrip, clear bumper lenses, avital 4103 alarm with keyless, BF Goodrich Rugged Terrain T/A 235/75/15, 15X7 6-5.5 0C Unique 298 rims

this ... anyhow ... if you want more bad ideas check out this thread

http://www.ranger-forums.com/f17/anti-tailgater-device-95275/?highlight=anti+tailgater

personally if im on a 2 lane hwy and dont want to go any faster i just pull over and let em go by ... its the law heres if theres more than 5 cars behind you anyways

if im on a freeway, they can go around cause im in the right lane

but if youre in the left lane and being tailgated, move the fuck over, i dont care how far over the limit youre already going.

13. Nov 18, 2010 at 1:42 PM
    ink junky

ink junky I love tacos too!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    TACO LOVER
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 trd off road DC,
    Aero turbine 2525, Snorkel, AFE pro dry drop in filter, BFG 33s, spydertraxwheel spacers :/. Debadged, rebadged black, TW sticker :D, bed lights, rod holders, OEM roof rack, Complete OME lift, bed lined fenders. Armor Tech Off road wrap around HC rear bumper w/ tire carrier swing out. Relentless front aluminum bumper. Le Devil Horns (_)
    Wait wait...were you friends before that happened? hahaha I bet you both got a kick outta that. How did you react when you found out who it was?

14. Nov 18, 2010 at 2:01 PM
    97T

97T Resident T100 guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Melt
    Littleton, CO
    Vehicle:
    97 T100 xcab 5spd 2wd
    soundstream 550.2 amp, 2 eclipse 10" subs, 4% tint rear window, 20% sides, 6" sunstrip, clear bumper lenses, avital 4103 alarm with keyless, BF Goodrich Rugged Terrain T/A 235/75/15, 15X7 6-5.5 0C Unique 298 rims
    lol, i bet that was good

"you mother fucker, why the fuck you go so slow"
    "fuck you i was doing 10 over why cant you just go around"
    "wait a minute ... joe?"
    "sam?"
    "lets go have a beer and agree we both drive like jerks"

15. Nov 18, 2010 at 2:32 PM
    Fienoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Hieu
    New Mexcio
    Vehicle:
    lol yeah we did.. we hadn't seen each other in a few years and out of all places it was on the side of the road

lol While we were yelling at one another, he suddenly stopped and was like " did we go to highschool together?" Then i finally recognized his face. We were close friends in high school but got out of touch after we graduated.

What a small world

16. Nov 18, 2010 at 2:34 PM
    Fienoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Hieu
    New Mexcio
    Vehicle:
    haha exactly! with the exception with a few more curse words lol

17. Nov 18, 2010 at 3:35 PM
    97T

97T Resident T100 guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Melt
    Littleton, CO
    Vehicle:
    97 T100 xcab 5spd 2wd
    best advice so far ... reminds me of what a buddy of mine was doing a couple years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8BqXdj6jtU

we are no longer friends (for a different reason) but when he started doing this i told him i didnt agree with him doing it, its the cops jobs to enforce the laws not him, furthermore i knew he had driven drunk in the past and felt that it was hypocritical for him to do it

He tried to tell me that i was legally required to report drunk drivers because of those blue signs about calling 911 on the side of the freeway, i told him to read his drivers manual again, blue signs in california means they are informational, im only legally required to do things on white signs (speed limits, etc)

Products Discussed in

To Top