1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

JVC KD-S100 receiver

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by RCBS, Aug 1, 2009.

1. RCBS

RCBS [OP] Mr Thundermaker is about to start barking fire!

Member:
    Appalachia
    Vehicle:
    06 Main Runner OR
    came across this in the new Crutchfield and am considering one. i've had great experiences with JVC in the past, but wondered if anyone has seen/used this deck? list price was over $600, and it can now be had for $129. i'm not really looking for a vid. screen or navigation in a unit...just good sound and versatility.

link:http://www.crutchfield.com/S-lzdwPE9d4mN/p_105KDS100/JVC-KD-S100.html?c=3&tab=review

any thoughts or opinions on this model?

also, single DIN mounting kits...i've read some bad reviews of the Scoshe kit. any others to consider?

2. sooner07

sooner07 1/2 man 1/2 amazing

Member:
    First Name:
    A A Ron
    Killeen, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Debadged 2008 Rugged Trail
    Always working on the stereo, painted the front skid plate black to match the truck, debadged , toy tech ultimate lift kit, light racing UCAs, ARB bumper Looking into a supercharger and new exhaust.
    I'd go with the Metra Kit, it feels a bit more solid to me, and the color match is pretty close compared to the Scosche.

As for the HU, a dude in my office bought one but it hasn't been installed yet. I don't know why they have come down so drasticly in price, other than they just didn't sell very well. I haven't seen any huge issues with them, just think they were way over priced to start off.

3. Gringo

Gringo Well-Known Member

Member:
    MA
    Vehicle:
    '10 2wd AC SR5
    HID's, extra D-rings
    Hey RCBS, did you ever buy that HU? I'm looking at the same one, wondered why the price dropped so drastically... if you got it, whadya think?

To Top