1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

K&N 77 series

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 509TACO, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Jan 20, 2011 at 7:07 AM
    509TACO

509TACO [OP] Member

Member:
    I know....search, search, search!!

I have, and everything posted on the forum about CAI's says that they are worthless and to maintain the stock setup, possibly with a aftermarket filter. I also google searched and looked at customer reviews of people who actually bought the K&N air intake setup for Tacomas with very positive feedback. I recently purchased the 77 series setup for $75 used, only about $30-40 more than an aftermarket drop-in. My question is, is this aftermarket intake system worth installing for $75? Do I take the word from people who have purchased and reviewed this item or the word of forum members who obviously have experience in aftermarket add-ons and wrenching on their Tacomas.

Thanks in advance

2. Jan 20, 2011 at 8:49 AM
    JEA86

JEA86 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    WV
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Off-Road
    i have the intake on my reg cab 4 cyl. and really the biggest thing i notcied is whenever you would normall ahve to gear down in the truck to escape the chatter you get, with the intake you really dont have to.

I have not noticed an increase in gas mileage or anything like that at all. But the sound is very aggressive in the higher RPM's but at normal levels sounds stock

To Top