1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

K&N Filter falling off intake

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by Toyota Tacoma, Dec 23, 2012.

1. Dec 23, 2012 at 7:48 PM
    Toyota Tacoma

Toyota Tacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brady
    Kelowna, bc
    Vehicle:
    dbl cab long box
    Suspension: -Bilistien 5100's all around -Add a leaf -Firestone ride rite air bags Performance: -K&N cold air -Borla cat back Stereo: -Pioneer AVH-X2500BT head unit -Kenwood 1400 shallow mount 12'' sub in custom box -Alpine 1100 amp -Alpine 400 4 channel -4 energy component 6.5's Wheels/tires: -17x9 with 4.5 backspacing XD hoss rims with 33'' bfTreadwright gaurd dogs and spidertrax spacers Looks: -Satoshi grille made by myself -Hood, front bumper, grille, roof, tailgate and rear bumper plasti-dipped. -BHLM -eyelids -matted out tailights -Tacoma bed mat Small mods : -Trailer 7 pin replaced and moved into bumper beside licence plate -Removed mud flaps -Repainted frame/lower a-arms, skid and rear diff/housing with por15 -Led bulbs -Interior lights replaced with blue led's -Beep on lock added
    Does anyone else have this problem ? Its happened twice now that I have popped the hood and the filter has fallen off the intake.

I put it on as best as it will go and tighten it up. Seems to just slip off over time. Now I'm paranoid and am constantly checking it. Last resort will be to throw a strand of tape around the thing I guess..

2. Dec 23, 2012 at 7:55 PM
    Joshman35

Joshman35 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    White Mountains, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma Custom
    Too many to list
    happened to me while elk hunting last week, found out after about a 2 hour car wash taking off mud. On my previous truck I bolted 1" aluminum strips below and above the filter so it couldn't rattle, that helped. I haven't done that to this truck yet, but I just used a silicone gasket sealer on it. Seems to be good so far. The good thing about the seal is that it comes off when you want to clean the filter.

Products Discussed in

To Top