1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Kafuter glue

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by valleyboy, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Oct 18, 2017 at 2:22 PM
    valleyboy

valleyboy [OP] Hillbilly 2nd class

Member:
    Renfrew, Ontario
    Vehicle:
    95 Tacoma Ext Cab V6 4wd on it's 3rd set of springs
    Owned since new,2-6volt golfcart batteries in bed hooked up to alternator for camping, Air springs in rear,4-runner bucket seats with a centre console from a ford ranger,brand new cab floor all welded in. manual rear linelock for the brakes, rear diff vent tube extension, rear view mirror map light mod, ignition switch ring light from an mr2
    I'm replacing the fuel lines on my '95 Tacoma and have broken a few of those nylon clips in the process.
    I'm trying some glue called Kafuter 303 that is supposed to be good on plastics like nylon and is cured with a UV light, I used a UV flashlight.

Here's a picture of the first try....I used some thin clear nylon to bridge the gap, the glue seems flexible enough....I'll let you know if it survives snapping the lines back in.

Tacoma line clip 2.jpg

Speedytech7 likes this.
  2. Oct 18, 2017 at 2:23 PM
    Speedytech7

Speedytech7 Toyota Cult Ombudsman

Member:
    First Name:
    ゼイン
    5520 E Sprague Ave, Spokane Valley, WA 99212
    Vehicle:
    93 80 Series LC & 96 Turbo V6 Taco 4WD
    I've done a mod or two
    Neat, any glue that can join low energy plastics like PP and PE is hard to come by

3. Oct 18, 2017 at 2:57 PM
    valleyboy

Member:
    Renfrew, Ontario
    Vehicle:
    Owned since new,2-6volt golfcart batteries in bed hooked up to alternator for camping, Air springs in rear,4-runner bucket seats with a centre console from a ford ranger,brand new cab floor all welded in. manual rear linelock for the brakes, rear diff vent tube extension, rear view mirror map light mod, ignition switch ring light from an mr2
    Yah, this stuff fills gaps and makes fillets too. I think it was originally invented for dentistry a long time ago, or at least found a use there.

4. Oct 19, 2017 at 6:10 PM
    valleyboy

Member:
    Renfrew, Ontario
    Vehicle:
    It didn't work. I think the plastic I used was polyethylene not nylon as the glue stuck better to the clip than to it, so I just used a much thicker black nylon patch and JB weld instead.

Products Discussed in

To Top