1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Kalifornians, ..Legislator To Introduce Bill to Ban "Bullet Buttons"...

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by wileyC, May 21, 2012.

1. May 23, 2012 at 1:48 PM
    TheGrinch

TheGrinch Cheese Head.

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    RP, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD DCSB OffRoad on 33's
    6" procomp lift
    oz i was giving cananda a hard time not you. and we get bent outta shape, well we as in gun owners, becuase the government tries to control all aspect of life here, and in my eyes, they try so hard to get guns out of our hands because they are scared. well i dont trust the gov, therefore i want to keep my guns.

2. May 23, 2012 at 1:49 PM
    TheGrinch

TheGrinch Cheese Head.

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    RP, CA
    Vehicle:
    6" procomp lift
    im out of here when i graduate college. for this and many other liberal governmental reasons. and the hunting here sucks! mainly becuase of the DFG regulations.

3. May 23, 2012 at 1:51 PM
    Nunavut

Nunavut Eh oh, Canada go.

Member:
    Canada
    Don't worry. I support you OZ

4. May 23, 2012 at 1:52 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Your heart did not grow ten sizes that day

5. May 23, 2012 at 1:56 PM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
  6. May 23, 2012 at 2:04 PM
    TheGrinch

TheGrinch Cheese Head.

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    RP, CA
    Vehicle:
    6" procomp lift
    nope, it grew three. :goingcrazy:

7. May 23, 2012 at 2:40 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    :cookiemonster:

8. May 23, 2012 at 4:43 PM
    Alderleet

Alderleet Ace of Spades

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Salty Hell
    Vehicle:
    '00 Acc Cab TRD 4x4
    [​IMG]

Scumbag Senator Yee

9. May 23, 2012 at 5:24 PM
    Jonesn13

Jonesn13 Nifty

Member:
    First Name:
    Spencer
    Tempe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    '16 T4R Trail Premium, 08 AC 4x4 6spd(Sold)
    Some, Suspension and stuff, tires, maybeh some armor.
    It is crazy to me how we have CA and AZ right next to each other...

I always have to stop and think really hard about what firearms are in my vehicle when I am planning a trip to San Diego or something like that. I mean shit, the 3 extra rounds in my G23 Mags will get me in hot water much less any of the other regs. Crazyness.

On a different note, I was having a discussion with a friend the other day about how it seems impossible to make a difference when you have a douchebag in power. This case with Yee is a prime example. Uneducated, narrow minded Motherfuckers who can push whatever they damn please through the system so quickly. The rest of us get a chance to vote every couple of years. (YOU SUMMBISHES BETTER BE VOTING THIS YEAR! :D)

I have a really hard time grasping the "logic" behind such restrictive laws. Yah, it gives them more opportunities to slap gang bangers and thugs on the wrist, but that is only if they are caught. I think CA politicians should spend more time and money worrying about the education system and paying their civil servants.

10. May 23, 2012 at 6:32 PM
    Rich91710

Rich91710 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    You can... but there are some hoops to jump through and transportation/use is very restricted.

11. May 23, 2012 at 6:49 PM
    Rich91710

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    Maybe, maybe not.

There are exemptions to the high cap ban.

One such exemption is "if the magazine was lawfully possessed in California prior to January 1, 2000"

The legislative intent was obviously to allow magazines that were owned prior to the ban to continue to be possessed, but prohibited from transfer (to a non-exempt person).

BUT...

The way the law is written allows you to import magazines that you "lawfully possessed" prior to the ban, so if both you and the magazines were ever together in California (no mention or residency) prior to the ban, you may legally bring them back with you today.
    We do, but sadly, our Congressional districts, as well as the state senate and assembly districts, are drawn like a map of the Florida Keys.

My Congressional rep is Gary Miller. His district spans FOUR counties:

[​IMG]

Yet my zip code... ONE city of 78,000 residents, spans three Congressional districts.

Incumbents are rarely challenged in the primary, and the opponent in the general rarely receives any support from their party.
    The district boundaries are gerrymandered to ensure that virtually all seats are "safe", and give the liberals a majority, but hold them below a supermajority so they do not have completely unfettered control.

We're fucked... there is literally nothing we can do unless we relocate en-mass to a liberal district... and that will last only until the next redistricting, when the lines will again be drawn to favor the incumbents.

12. May 24, 2012 at 8:17 PM
    Bryan139

Bryan139 I have a spectacular aura

Member:
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport
    I cut some wires here. Added some wires there.
    "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

It may sound cliche now, especially to a Canadian, but you have to keep in mind our constitution was written over a decade after the Declaration of Independence, when our government decided they were going to wage war on their own people over that whole pesky no taxation without representation thing. It was meant to insure what happened in Lybia and what's happening in Syria and what happened to the colonists couldn't happen to Americans.

13. May 24, 2012 at 9:55 PM
    Rich91710

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Depending on whether you want to play around with a felony arrest and conviction, in which case, you would not have to worry about guns ever again.

You may or may not "have" to use a bullet button depending on the configuration of your build.
    Rimfire? No need.
    Truly featureless? No need.

But if the build is centerfire, semiauto, and has any of the listed "evil features", yes... you "have" to use one. To suggest to anyone otherwise is foolish.

14. May 24, 2012 at 10:07 PM
    Rich91710

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    And before anyone jumps on this, it is important to remember some of the terminology and the mindset of the framers.

In 1780, "well regulated" meant "well staffed", and in some contexts, "well equipped"
    The colonists who fought the British occupation, as well as the colonists who fought on the side of the British, were referred to as "regulars"

Also, the original Congress was opposed to the establishment of a standing army. They did not believe that the Federal government should have that level of power.
    Their ideas for the defense of the country rested with a volunteer army (same as we have now), comprised of normal citizens who went about their normal lives until they were needed to defend their land (not the full time job that the military is today).

The closest thing to what they envisioned was the state National Guard... but the important thing to remember is that the 2A was put in place to provide a means for the private citizens to defend themselves against an oppressive government.

Likewise, the 2A provides a means for the citizens to protect a GOOD government.
    Should a minority of the people decide to overthrow the government, a well armed populace will ensure that they are not successful.

A good, just government need not fear it's citizens. It's citizens will protect it if they feel that it is threatened.

15. May 25, 2012 at 5:32 AM
    Bryan139

Bryan139 I have a spectacular aura

Member:
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport
    I cut some wires here. Added some wires there.
    Absolutely. I would also say in some contexts "well prepared" which to me would encompass well staffed and well equipped.

The shit does happen. Everyday there are governments waging war on their own people. The response is always the same, "that could never happen here" but this is why. Because as a country we are well equipped and well prepared.

I read some of the crime comparisons. It's not apples to apples. Right off the bat Canada doesn't have a wide open Mexican border to deal with. No Eric Holder arming the Zetas. None of that.

16. May 25, 2012 at 5:48 AM
    XXXX

XXXX Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    sKiP
    Vehicle:
    05 Prius
    Silly CA.. I thought my state was bad (NJ), but you guys always win the derp debate with your legislators. Maybe more residents need to take their lips off their bongs and hit the voting booths more often :notsure:

for shit like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4Rou-hUK_SI

and this

P1070450_c162ec81f84e0a5d200f8d898706aca90e1e9f76.jpg

P1070453_fd6b1328c4a2cd24f2e4d3e4eef98dca584a8307.jpg

P1070458_0ea22c0aa2da0abb55be6215a1dad36fbfcb9b04.jpg

hahahah...none of you CA residents can has these "scary" guns

P1070460_5562bb076f44bc87d2b12db139a437c0aa792fc7.jpg

17. May 25, 2012 at 10:30 AM
    Rich91710

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    No... they need to take their lips off their bongs and fly straight for a few days and educate themselves on the ballot measures and what the idiots running for office actually stand for.

If they don't do that, I would prefer that those with their lips on their bongs just stay home. The state is fucked up because too many touchy feely "we can all be perfect just like it is in Europe" people vote with their heart and not their mind.
    Sure we can... We just have to run it in a fixed magazine configuration.

18. May 25, 2012 at 10:41 AM
    XXXX

XXXX Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    sKiP
    Vehicle:
    05 Prius

that is true.... education is key otherwise they are just more sheep in the herd

collapsible stocks with flash suppressors are legal in Kali ?

19. May 25, 2012 at 10:55 AM
    Rich91710

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    That's what this thread is all about.
    With a fixed magazine, the magazine capacity is restricted to 10 rounds, and minimum OAL is 30".

By using a bullet button, the magazine is classified as "fixed" and we have case law supporting this.

A 14.5" barrel with a Smith Vortex flash hider pinned and welded to the barrel to avoid NFA SBR status and an AR-15 pattern comes in at just over 30" with any collapsible stock on a standard Commercial or Mil-spec buffer tube.

Folding stock is a problem though... Not only is the OAL below 30" when folded, but California measures for SBR status in the SHORTEST operable configuration, BATFE measures in the longest.
    We can run a folding stock if we install a fake can to keep the OAL at 30" for centerfire or 26" for rimfire when folded (same way we can keep a Bullpup legal)

Now Yee wants to pass a law that bans the bullet button.
    Dumbass doesn't realize that with the hundreds of thousands of rifles that have been built since 2006, it would re-open a new registration period since they can't simply confiscate the guns.
    A new registration period is the LAST thing the DOJ wants... that would allow every one of us to register our guns as legal AW. At that point, we'd be able to remove our bullet buttons and run 30rd magazines.

California Legal...

ar145-2.jpg

20. May 25, 2012 at 1:58 PM
    Rmodel65

Rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

Member:
    Jawja
    Vehicle:
    1996 Yota 4x4
    Viper Red paint

I disagree I'd say the closest thing is like a force we have here in GA its called the Georgia State Defense force its state military and has been around in one form or another since the British settled Savannah and Brunswick/St. Simons with their forts...in GA law there is also authorization for a state navy all under the control of the Governor of Georgia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_State_Defense_Force

Products Discussed in

To Top