1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Kavik's She-Devil Build

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by Kavik, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Aug 25, 2013 at 8:35 PM
    Kavik

Kavik [OP] Kavik

Member:
    Texas, DFW
    Vehicle:
    Not your everday 5 lug
    Lowered: 3 inch drop blocks (Beefed Taco),Satoshi Grill, Morimoto bi-xenon H1 Retrofitted headlights, Flowmaster exhaust, Blue LED interior and exterior, blue LED dome light, Anzo black LED taillights, Hifonics Brutus 1100w Mono Block, Bazooka 300w Amp, LED license plate lights. Lifited: Fat Bob's rear shocks, Fat Bob's 3" spacer and rear AAL, Nitto Terragrapplers, weldertaco wrap around rear tube bumper, TrailWorx Fab tube front bumper
    If anyone needs any help on how to remove the covers and how to re-install them, I will gladly answer any questions.

2. Aug 25, 2013 at 8:38 PM
    Hot Taco

Hot Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Richfield, WI
    Vehicle:
    2013 Base Regular Cab
    Beefed Taco 3" Lowering Blocks DJM 3" Front Lowering Kit Custom C-Notch Intermittent Wipers LED tail lights
    They do look great... nice job! I like it that you went with an OEM look instead of boy-racer seats ;)

Did your old seats have air bags? I'd love bucket seats, but getting donor seats with air bags is way too much $$$

3. Aug 25, 2013 at 8:43 PM
    Rich91710

Rich91710 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    So were those originally airbag seats or were they closer to your year?

What differences were there in the electrical connectors?

4. Aug 25, 2013 at 8:47 PM
    hirod

hirod Well-Known Member

Member:
    hawaii
    Vehicle:
    16 double cab short bed OR
    Looks good! I figured sport seats not bolted to a truck were unicorns. Now you got me thinking of another way to not save any money for my kids' college fund.

5. Aug 25, 2013 at 8:48 PM
    Kavik

Kavik [OP] Kavik

Member:
    Texas, DFW
    Vehicle:
    Not your everday 5 lug
    Lowered: 3 inch drop blocks (Beefed Taco),Satoshi Grill, Morimoto bi-xenon H1 Retrofitted headlights, Flowmaster exhaust, Blue LED interior and exterior, blue LED dome light, Anzo black LED taillights, Hifonics Brutus 1100w Mono Block, Bazooka 300w Amp, LED license plate lights. Lifited: Fat Bob's rear shocks, Fat Bob's 3" spacer and rear AAL, Nitto Terragrapplers, weldertaco wrap around rear tube bumper, TrailWorx Fab tube front bumper
    2005 trucks didn't have side airbags in the bench seat, only the front two airbags. So luckily I didn't have to deal with that. :D

6. Aug 25, 2013 at 8:51 PM
    Kavik

Kavik [OP] Kavik

Member:
    Texas, DFW
    Vehicle:
    Not your everday 5 lug
    One was from a 2007 access cab and the other was from a 2008 I think??

The electrical connectors were completely different from the bench setup, I could not find one thing that was plug and play, not even the buckle sensors.

7. Aug 25, 2013 at 8:54 PM
    Kavik

Kavik [OP] Kavik

Member:
    Texas, DFW
    Vehicle:
    Not your everday 5 lug
    All the mounting holes are there under your carpet, just find some tacoma sport bucket seats, cut some holes in the carpet and bam, you know have mounted bucket seats.

8. Aug 25, 2013 at 8:54 PM
    Phil Dammit

Phil Dammit Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Your Mom
    Tempe, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    05 5 lug minitrucker
    4.5/5.5 drop, DJM arms, QA1 coilovers, 6lug leafs, QA1 18-way, rear swaybar, Batwing Big brakes, high flow cat, indy/hurst shifter, memphis amps, focal 3-ways, Eclipse AV unit, SunDown 10" custom box, TRD bucket swap.
    Swap it all over from your bench. That's what I did with my SX seats.

9. Aug 25, 2013 at 8:55 PM
    Kavik

Kavik [OP] Kavik

Member:
    Texas, DFW
    Vehicle:
    Not your everday 5 lug
    I did, that was the easiest and cheapest thing to do.

10. Aug 25, 2013 at 8:56 PM
    Rich91710

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    Okay... that's what I needed to know.

Seatbelt sensors don't bother me that much. I'd just use the original belts on the floor mounts. Someone said that the buckles themselves weren't compatible, but I have a feeling that was actually due to the difference in the year (he used 2007 seats in a 2011).

I bought some seatbelt extenders so my wife didn't have to dig to find the buckle, and the first set that I bought were for a 2012 and they didn't fit. They plugged into the buckles with a little effort, but the channel was too narrow for the belt to fit.
    Bought the kind with a wider slot/buckle and it works fine.

11. Aug 25, 2013 at 8:58 PM
    Rich91710

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Trying to avoid that. Working in a condo parking lot. I have a small back yard, but I can't have the truck immobile for an extended period of time, and the closest I can park to my back gate is a good 500ft.

I was hoping I could rip the bench out, install the buckets, then drive the bench over to the gate.

12. Aug 25, 2013 at 8:59 PM
    Kavik

Kavik [OP] Kavik

Member:
    Texas, DFW
    Vehicle:
    Not your everday 5 lug
    I just used my bench seat buckles and they work perfectly with the buckets, they just aren't as cosmetically appealing.

13. Aug 26, 2013 at 1:11 AM
    jmarquez808

jmarquez808 Large Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jess
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    07 4x2 reg cab / 12 4x4 double cab
    **Afe cold air intake w/pro dry filter, Yellow tint fogs, Daytime running lights, led dome light, led license plate lights, Led tail lights, 3 inch carbon antenna, spec d projector headlights, carbon fiber look interior trim pieces, Djm control arms, Djm notch, 4x4 leaf springs, beefed taco 2 inch blocks with offset pin, Rear Qa1 Shocks, Sittin sic stock height coils, x runner bilstein front shocks, weathertech digital fit floor mats, debadged.
    Love the seats. How much space did u lose? Can't put nothing underneath those huh. Still looks sweet, I'd throw a fat sub in the center!! And make a custome console, maybe with the sub built in. Damn so much you can do with the righ trunks he he. Oh and some seat covers he he

14. Aug 26, 2013 at 5:02 AM
    Kavik

Kavik [OP] Kavik

Member:
    Texas, DFW
    Vehicle:
    Not your everday 5 lug
    I can't put my amp under my seat anymore plus I have to redesign my sub box to fit or do what you said and put them down the middle but that has STEAL ME all over it if I do that.

15. Aug 26, 2013 at 5:05 AM
    Kavik

Kavik [OP] Kavik

Member:
    Texas, DFW
    Vehicle:
    Not your everday 5 lug
    If you have your buckets good to go, you can have the buckets installed within an hour. If you have good help, it would go even faster. Actually you could do it all in a parking lot if you had too.

16. Aug 26, 2013 at 2:07 PM
    jmarquez808

jmarquez808 Large Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jess
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    07 4x2 reg cab / 12 4x4 double cab
    **Afe cold air intake w/pro dry filter, Yellow tint fogs, Daytime running lights, led dome light, led license plate lights, Led tail lights, 3 inch carbon antenna, spec d projector headlights, carbon fiber look interior trim pieces, Djm control arms, Djm notch, 4x4 leaf springs, beefed taco 2 inch blocks with offset pin, Rear Qa1 Shocks, Sittin sic stock height coils, x runner bilstein front shocks, weathertech digital fit floor mats, debadged.
    ha ha true that forgot about damn thieves. it would look sick tho! i have to build me some custom boxes for my truck. i have two tens in separate boxes wedged in behind my seat and they make all these creaking noises when i turn since they rub the back. very annoying! lol

17. Aug 26, 2013 at 3:50 PM
    Kavik

Kavik [OP] Kavik

Member:
    Texas, DFW
    Vehicle:
    Not your everday 5 lug
    That is how mine was! These buckets will finally get me off my ass and redo my system and make it look flush.

18. Aug 26, 2013 at 6:08 PM
    Phil Dammit

Phil Dammit Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Your Mom
    Tempe, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    05 5 lug minitrucker
    4.5/5.5 drop, DJM arms, QA1 coilovers, 6lug leafs, QA1 18-way, rear swaybar, Batwing Big brakes, high flow cat, indy/hurst shifter, memphis amps, focal 3-ways, Eclipse AV unit, SunDown 10" custom box, TRD bucket swap.
    Check my build thread about amps and enclosure location. I mounted everything on the back of the inside cab.

19. Aug 26, 2013 at 9:30 PM
    Kavik

Kavik [OP] Kavik

Member:
    Texas, DFW
    Vehicle:
    Not your everday 5 lug
    Will do.

On another note.

I am getting a weird rough idle when I am stopped at a red light, anybody have any reason why this might be happening?

20. Aug 27, 2013 at 4:23 AM
    Kavik

Kavik [OP] Kavik

Member:
    Texas, DFW
    Vehicle:
    Not your everday 5 lug
    Putting on some Wagner Therma Quiet brakes this morning to see if that might stop the drums from squeaking as bad.

Products Discussed in

To Top