1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Kavik's She-Devil Build

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by Kavik, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Feb 14, 2013 at 10:03 AM
    Kavik

Kavik [OP] Kavik

Member:
    Texas, DFW
    Vehicle:
    Not your everday 5 lug
    Lowered: 3 inch drop blocks (Beefed Taco),Satoshi Grill, Morimoto bi-xenon H1 Retrofitted headlights, Flowmaster exhaust, Blue LED interior and exterior, blue LED dome light, Anzo black LED taillights, Hifonics Brutus 1100w Mono Block, Bazooka 300w Amp, LED license plate lights. Lifited: Fat Bob's rear shocks, Fat Bob's 3" spacer and rear AAL, Nitto Terragrapplers, weldertaco wrap around rear tube bumper, TrailWorx Fab tube front bumper
    Thank you very much and will do :thumbsup:

2. Feb 15, 2013 at 9:35 AM
    0LyRunner

0LyRunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    Olympia, WA
    Vehicle:
    2017 4Runner

Sweet! thanks for the picture! and grats on the 1k post's

3. Feb 15, 2013 at 9:46 AM
    Kavik

Kavik [OP] Kavik

Member:
    Texas, DFW
    Vehicle:
    Not your everday 5 lug
    Lowered: 3 inch drop blocks (Beefed Taco),Satoshi Grill, Morimoto bi-xenon H1 Retrofitted headlights, Flowmaster exhaust, Blue LED interior and exterior, blue LED dome light, Anzo black LED taillights, Hifonics Brutus 1100w Mono Block, Bazooka 300w Amp, LED license plate lights. Lifited: Fat Bob's rear shocks, Fat Bob's 3" spacer and rear AAL, Nitto Terragrapplers, weldertaco wrap around rear tube bumper, TrailWorx Fab tube front bumper
    No problem! Paint your calipers!

4. Feb 16, 2013 at 3:33 PM
    0LyRunner

0LyRunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    Olympia, WA
    Vehicle:
    2017 4Runner
    I appreciate your pictures man, I had to go with my gut and do the red accents :)

Painted Calipers and Painted the Engine Cover White/Red today.
    [​IMG]

5. Feb 16, 2013 at 4:12 PM
    Kavik

Kavik [OP] Kavik

Member:
    Texas, DFW
    Vehicle:
    Not your everday 5 lug
    Looks good!! I like the engine cover.

6. Feb 18, 2013 at 12:10 PM
    Kavik

Kavik [OP] Kavik

Member:
    Texas, DFW
    Vehicle:
    Not your everday 5 lug
    I started my retrofit today! :woot:

7. Feb 23, 2013 at 6:57 PM
    Kavik

Kavik [OP] Kavik

Member:
    Texas, DFW
    Vehicle:
    Not your everday 5 lug
    Put on my retrofit today but I lost all my daylight for pics but here is one I took right before I called it a night.

[​IMG]

8. Feb 24, 2013 at 3:08 PM
    Kavik

Kavik [OP] Kavik

Member:
    Texas, DFW
    Vehicle:
    Not your everday 5 lug
    Next up:

- color matched mirror
    - color matched handles
    - new Satoshi in the works
    - hopefully something performance wise (suggestions welcome)

9. Feb 24, 2013 at 10:19 PM
    Kavik

Kavik [OP] Kavik

Member:
    Texas, DFW
    Vehicle:
    Not your everday 5 lug
    Drove home with the new retros tonight from work and they are amazing! :eek: One of my coworkers was pretty jealous when I had him help with the alignment, (so I made sure I didn't blind anyone), and he was shocked at how clean the cut off was. This is one of my favorite mods by far. :D

10. Feb 26, 2013 at 10:40 PM
    Kavik

Kavik [OP] Kavik

Member:
    Texas, DFW
    Vehicle:
    Not your everday 5 lug
    Can someone clarify if this is stock or not, the previous owner put on the exhaust so I am just trying to figure out what I have going. The muffler is a Flowmaster 40 series but I don't know if what comes before it is stock or not, here are some pics of what I am talking about.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Feb 27, 2013 at 6:48 PM
    Rich91710

Rich91710 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    Looks stock to me... muffler shops usually weld replacements in.

12. Feb 27, 2013 at 7:09 PM
    Kavik

Kavik [OP] Kavik

Member:
    Texas, DFW
    Vehicle:
    Not your everday 5 lug
    Good to know, so is that the cat right before the muffler? I am not to familiar with exhaust systems. It goes headers - unknown - unknown - flowmaster. What are those two before the flowmaster but after the headers?

13. Feb 27, 2013 at 7:33 PM
    Rich91710

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    Didn't realize you had headers.
    Didn't know they made headers for the 2.7

But those cans with the heat shields above them are the cats.

14. Feb 27, 2013 at 7:45 PM
    Kavik

Kavik [OP] Kavik

Member:
    Texas, DFW
    Vehicle:
    Not your everday 5 lug
    Total derp moment, I have all stock but the muffler but I thought here were Thorley headers for the 2.7? Anyways, I need to start doing more engine/performance work. Thanks for clarifying.

15. Feb 28, 2013 at 7:47 PM
    Kavik

Kavik [OP] Kavik

Member:
    Texas, DFW
    Vehicle:
    Not your everday 5 lug
    Changed my oil by myself for the first time, I should have done it for a long time ago and saved all that money! I also cleaned my MAF sensor.

16. Mar 1, 2013 at 7:54 AM
    Kavik

Kavik [OP] Kavik

Member:
    Texas, DFW
    Vehicle:
    Not your everday 5 lug
    Thank you very much! :thumbsup:

17. Mar 1, 2013 at 9:37 PM
    Kavik

Kavik [OP] Kavik

Member:
    Texas, DFW
    Vehicle:
    Not your everday 5 lug
    Ordered this Blue Sea 7187 100 Amp Circuit Breaker to clean up my engine bay wires.

[​IMG]

I wonder if I should order this as well?

[​IMG]

18. Mar 1, 2013 at 10:11 PM
    Rich91710

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    The extra breaker is not a bad idea, just make sure that the cable that runs from the battery to the terminal block is sized 20% larger than the rating of the breaker.

A 100a breaker is useless to protect 8ga wire.
    4ga would be the minimum I'd use as long as the run is short and the wire is in open air.

But it depends on your branch circuits.
    In the photo, nothing larger than 20a will be pulled from the panel before a fuse goes.
    The concern is if the rating of the supply cable could be exceeded by the combination of circuits. Again, in the photo, the combined total of all fuses is 98 amps.
    The circuits should not be running more than 80% of the fuse capacity, so the supply line should never see more than about 80 amps.

But in any event, there would be no point in mounting the breaker on the panel. That breaker is there to protect the supply line, and is primarily going to protect against a short in that supply line. You want the breaker as close to the battery as possible.

19. Mar 2, 2013 at 8:18 AM
    Kavik

Kavik [OP] Kavik

Member:
    Texas, DFW
    Vehicle:
    Not your everday 5 lug
    A plan on mounting the breaker and running 0 gauge wire to it and the fuse block, and then I think everything besides my actual audio system will be hooked up to the fuse block.

20. Mar 2, 2013 at 7:14 PM
    Rich91710

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    0 gauge is overkill for a 100a panel.
    There's absolutely no need to go larger than 2ga, and given this is a short run from the battery to, I assume, the fender just behind the fuse box, 4ga would be more than adequate.
    I'd go to 2ga if you are mounting the box behind the seat... but mount that 100a breaker by the battery.

Products Discussed in

To Top