1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

KBB " good " condition?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by LVTacoma, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Aug 13, 2010 at 2:27 PM
    LVTacoma

LVTacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Just need some opinions on whether or not its going to be a p.i.t.a. to sell my truck when the time comes (maybe soon). Heres a quickrun down:

2006 AC SSM Prerunner 4.0l auto w/ ~73k on it. 31" BFG A/Ts on black procomp wheels, 6k hid heads/fogs, tint, detailer kept. (two quarter size bedside dings )

My issue is this: Truck was in an accident about a year ago. Mild pile up on the Freeway. Tweaked the hood a bit, broke headlights and grill, also entire bed assembly was replaced back to new (no frame damage or anything major in that sense, just bodywork). Nonetheless was fixed at the body shop back to new. I would definitely disclose that accident to someone who wanted to buy my truck if the carfax didnt report it. My question is , how big of an issue will it be when I sell it (if I do) and is it fair to say it falls under the GOOD category according to KBB. Thanks in advance guys.

for ref:
    http://www.kbb.com/used-cars/toyota...ue|63838|true|63920|true&mileage=73000#survey

2. Aug 13, 2010 at 2:54 PM
    jdtemple

jdtemple Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bay Area CA
    Vehicle:
    08 DBLCAB LB TRD Sport
    Lift & Tires, in cab power outlets, Locking Bed Boxes, K&N
    If the truck looks like it hasn't been in an accident, it is put back together properly, tracks straight, and doesn't need anything mechanical fixed. I would say good to excellent condition.

if your up front about the repairs, and have the repair sheet, then your not hiding anything and being an honest seller helps.

one other thing to consider, would you let your mom/grandma/sister buy that truck from you for the KBB asking price and not have a problem selling? If yes then good to excellent condition.

That is my personal opinion.

3. Aug 13, 2010 at 3:29 PM
    wlmuncy

wlmuncy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    William
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    2007 Double Cab Manual 4*4
    You are looking at good if it is fixed back to new condition. That is the diminished value lawyers harp about on TV ads.

To Top