1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

KBVoodoo rack issue

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Nathan4byfour, Mar 2, 2019.

1. Mar 3, 2019 at 12:00 AM
    the.sight.picture

the.sight.picture Wishes he was in the woods.

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Blue Ridge
    Vehicle:
    2018 QuickSand
    Check out my build thread (Beginning of Money Pit)
  2. Mar 3, 2019 at 12:02 AM
    the.sight.picture

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Blue Ridge
    Vehicle:
    2018 QuickSand
    My experience is with Demello Off road, and CBI. Even though I'm not a fan of CBI and this point, their Powder Coat did not look anywhere near this. Very professional powder coat jobs.

tcjacado likes this.
  3. Mar 3, 2019 at 12:12 AM
    bajatacoguy

bajatacoguy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny
    RI to NH
    Vehicle:
    Blk Taco
    OEM: Bed Mat Roof Rack Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover Door Sill Protectors KO2's Dobinson GTS Suspension TRD Beadlocks Timbren Bump Stops SPC UCA Rear SuperSpring SSO Slimline Winch Bumper SmittyBilt x20 Mobtown Sliders Mobtown Front Skid Avid Basket Bed Rack DECKED Draw Organizer Total Chaos Bed Stiffners Relentless Fab Bed Corner Tie Downs CBI Ditch Light Brackets ARB Dual Compressor Instant Air Tank Smittybilt RTT Road Shower II Indel-B Fridge/Freezer w/ Slide Ironman 4x4 Insulated Fridge Case Redline Tuning Hood QuickLIFT Yo_Hec - Center Console Molle Little Johnny III CB Radio KB Voodoo Flashlight Kit Switch Pro 8100 BlueSea Fuse Pelfreybilt Fuse Panel Mount Gecko - LED Bed Lights Gecko - LED Hood Lights Raptor Grill Lights Cali Raised - Bed Flag Pole Holder Center Console Tray & Organizer Weather Tech Floor Mats Weather Tech Hood Deflector TRAILER BUILD HAPPENING! Plate: Negan

if i was selling these racks that would be the market I would advertise for. Camping RTT solution.

I think it’s the fire road/off road use that made mine fold up and collapse. And the fact that he seems to be trying to either coat these himself and has no idea what he is doing or sifting the cheapest coaters list and having no luck???

T4RFTMFW likes this.
  4. Mar 3, 2019 at 12:13 AM
    bajatacoguy

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny
    RI to NH
    Vehicle:
    Blk Taco
    OEM: Bed Mat Roof Rack Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover Door Sill Protectors KO2's Dobinson GTS Suspension TRD Beadlocks Timbren Bump Stops SPC UCA Rear SuperSpring SSO Slimline Winch Bumper SmittyBilt x20 Mobtown Sliders Mobtown Front Skid Avid Basket Bed Rack DECKED Draw Organizer Total Chaos Bed Stiffners Relentless Fab Bed Corner Tie Downs CBI Ditch Light Brackets ARB Dual Compressor Instant Air Tank Smittybilt RTT Road Shower II Indel-B Fridge/Freezer w/ Slide Ironman 4x4 Insulated Fridge Case Redline Tuning Hood QuickLIFT Yo_Hec - Center Console Molle Little Johnny III CB Radio KB Voodoo Flashlight Kit Switch Pro 8100 BlueSea Fuse Pelfreybilt Fuse Panel Mount Gecko - LED Bed Lights Gecko - LED Hood Lights Raptor Grill Lights Cali Raised - Bed Flag Pole Holder Center Console Tray & Organizer Weather Tech Floor Mats Weather Tech Hood Deflector TRAILER BUILD HAPPENING! Plate: Negan

Rusty Frame 2nd Gen = KB Voodoo

Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
    rmorse and Unchained 5150 like this.
  5. Mar 3, 2019 at 12:15 AM
    NEPAChuy

NEPAChuy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD OR Blue Pearl
    Sorry about your issues. I'm sure a lot of people abuse their racks more than me, so I'm probably not the best test case.

6. Mar 3, 2019 at 12:18 AM
    the.sight.picture

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Blue Ridge
    Vehicle:
    2018 QuickSand
    Id rather own a rusty frame second gen to be honest.

7. Mar 3, 2019 at 12:20 AM
    Nathan4byfour

Nathan4byfour [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Vehicle:
    2005 Super White TRD Off-road
    I’m honestly excited to see condition of crossbars when they arrive on Monday.

the.sight.picture likes this.
  8. Mar 3, 2019 at 12:53 AM
    MisterKitchen

MisterKitchen Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    FABIAN
    Vehicle:
    2018 CONCRETE TACOMA TRD OFF ROAD
    Too many
    I ordered their new Taco Max Aluminum bed rack early January. I don’t have any complaints so far. I opted for aluminum since all it takes is a chip on the powder coating on steel for rust to start happening. It was a bit more but worth it I think. Powder coating on the aluminum is good. I can’t remember seeing any uncoated spots. Chad hooked me up. They sent the old top bars on accident. Wrong hole placement for mounting. So I contacted him and within 20 minutes I had a reply. The correct aluminum ones were 2-3 weeks out and I wanted to mount my RTT. So he said, drill new holes in the ones I have. Or he will send the steel top bars with spacers in place of the aluminum and then send the aluminum ones when they’re back in stock. I contacted him last week and he had sent the new bars out. Should be here next week sometime. The only issue I had with the rack was a weld covering part of one of the holes on the side rail. I didn’t receive any washers either. I don’t know if they should have been included or not. I just ran to Home Depot and picked up a big box. I didn’t want the nuts to tear up the powder coating. I’m happy with it. Currently laying on top of it!9601339B-0FA0-413F-8CF4-1CD5FC599CC1.jpg

NEPAChuy likes this.
  9. Mar 3, 2019 at 12:58 AM
    NEPAChuy

NEPAChuy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD OR Blue Pearl
    To me it looks like you’re playing with your yellow Tonka truck.

10. Mar 3, 2019 at 12:59 AM
    MisterKitchen

MisterKitchen Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    FABIAN
    Vehicle:
    2018 CONCRETE TACOMA TRD OFF ROAD
    Too many
    Hahaha. Picture from earlier. My son and I out at Organ Mountains for a few days.

11. Mar 3, 2019 at 1:15 AM
    User Name01

User Name01 Little boy from FairyTale Land

Member:
    First Name:
    Bolbi Stroganovsky
    Wherever the next wind project is
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport Barcelona Red Metallic Dbl Cab 4x4
    I can't wait until I graduate and can afford to buy things pre-powder coated......not from KBVoodoo though

:rofl:

12. Mar 3, 2019 at 7:12 AM
    T4RFTMFW

T4RFTMFW Well-Known Member

Member:
    Because it’s always worked. Thread gets locked and he bumps his dozens of sales threads, and the cycle continues.

13. Mar 3, 2019 at 7:31 AM
    KB Voodoo

KB Voodoo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Glenwood, NY
    www.kbvoodoo.com
    The little bare spots are from where they hang the parts on hooks during coating.

[​IMG]

All powder coated parts are done the same way.

Our new powder coater does an excellent job and we're very happy with the results. You will have no issues with the coating on your rack.

14. Mar 3, 2019 at 7:34 AM
    Nathan4byfour

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Vehicle:
    Why do I have issues with mine that you’re unwilling to adress? The uneven finish, the blotchy parts, come on, man..

15. Mar 3, 2019 at 7:37 AM
    KB Voodoo

KB Voodoo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Glenwood, NY
    www.kbvoodoo.com
    Please post a picture of the whole part so we can see the finish.

16. Mar 3, 2019 at 7:40 AM
    bajatacoguy

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny
    RI to NH
    Vehicle:
    Blk Taco

Maybe ask the powder coat guy to finish up the job and touch up the bare spots and so on so you will not be the only one happy with your powder coater.

Bobby18, SCJeffro, tacomgee and 3 others like this.
  17. Mar 3, 2019 at 7:51 AM
    Nathan4byfour

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Vehicle:
    This isn’t how you respond to a concerned customer
    0910A8D1-D321-44AA-8A9B-EE18EAFAC965.jpg
    The blotchiness barely shows up on camera from up close, but you can clearly see what I’m talking about in this pic. The finish is unlevel, some areas have more coats than others.. unevenly sprayed. I’ll take pictures of all of the other spots when I get home.
    5D1AEE87-37A5-48C4-A95B-D8CF5BFA57C2.jpg
    Maybe I’m just picky, but that’s why I bought a 650$ bedrack rather than just welding some steel together.

Halffast555, rmorse and tcjacado like this.
  18. Mar 3, 2019 at 7:58 AM
    DirtJumper14

DirtJumper14 Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2005 TRD OR
    5100's, BDF grills and light bracket, big 3 upgrade, ATH bed braces, snugtop xtra vision shell, (bed, shell, hood, rock, front, rear, footwell, glove box, center console led lighting), MESO Gasshole, MESO dome and map lights, Flyeyez center console light, custom fuse panel, TRD CAI, toyota bed mat, 2013 black carpet, 2015 side mirrors, BedRug, AJT key fob, ultraguage, 8 cadillac horns acdf, pop n lock tailgate lock, energy suspension bushings, spicer greasable ujoints, Rigid lights everywhere, kenwood stereo, led tube taillights (red), 2018 T4R trail wheels, rokblok mud flaps, TRD skid plate, RCi gas tank skid plate
    OP. Sell that crap or recycle it. Second thought, don't give that crap to anyone. This has been a problem for years with his stuff. Same shit.......

tronn, JGO, tcjacado and 1 other person like this.
  19. Mar 3, 2019 at 9:55 AM
    CallTRD

CallTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    Did I see that there are 35 emails going back and forth? That’s correct?

20. Mar 3, 2019 at 9:57 AM
    Nathan4byfour

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Vehicle:
    Correct.. lots of spam emails from me, like I said I had a huge issue with my last one and it was a HUGE hassle just to get the 100$ promo code, which pretty much only covered the shipping.

Products Discussed in

To Top