1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

KDMax-Pro Tuning--NOW YotaWerx Tuning

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by PapaRee, Mar 22, 2021.

1. Sep 17, 2021 at 12:59 PM
    BlackburnPete

BlackburnPete Blackburn Pete

Member:
    Blackburn Hamlet, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD OR AC MT Black
    I started off with KDMAX and then went to Coyoza. In both, I have problems with hesitation, and slight stuttering when accelerating. Could this be from too much ethanol in my gas (91 @E10) or can the newer KDMAX XXT fix this so I can run cheap gas again. (87 @E10)
    I thought 91 would fix it. Might try a couple of tanks of 91 E0 (Shell Nitro+ in Ontario)
    2017 TRD OR ACLB 3.5L V6 4x4 6MT Black

2. Sep 17, 2021 at 1:11 PM
    PapaRee

PapaRee [OP] Pro Tuner

Member:
    First Name:
    Kreg
    Prairieville, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2016 Black TRD Sport, Tuned, BHLM OEM LEDs
    GTS Dobinson's lift-2.75", 33"-Wildpeak Atw3-18x9 -6 Offset ,265/70/18 tires, Raceline Assault wheels, Backflip G2 bed cover, Magnaflow exhaust, Pro tail lights, Pro fog lights, Pro grille, Raptor grille lights, Predator side steps, RedLine Hood Struts, Toyota bedmat, tinted windows, Retrofitted-BHLM-Amber Halo-Amber DRL-HID headlights, LED Highbeams, LED Hood Scoop lightbar, LED hidden bumper lightbar, LED under hood light, LED Bed lights, LED license plate lights, Tacoma tailgate 3d letters, Tacoma glovebox 3D letters, removed air dam, Custom TRD Sport emblems, Pro Shift Knob with Meso ECT Stealth button, Meso LED dome and map lights, Meso V3 smoked mirror turn signals, Meso Stage 2 Tail lights, Meso Mirror Puddle lights, Meso KC-5 Brake/Cargo light, Meso center console bucket with OG lid, Tailgate PNP kit, Garage door opener button in overhead console, Meso Minimalist keyfobs, Matte black Pro hood decal, KTJO4x4 Led door handle LED lights, Pioneer 6x9 3 way front speakers, Rockford Fosgate 6.75' rear speakers, TacoTunes tweeters, AJT black vent rings, JDM Gas cap cover.
    I’d try the XXT. I did change the air/fuel ratios along with the throttle. It should help. Let us know.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2021
    TWTaco and BlackburnPete[QUOTED] like this.
  3. Sep 17, 2021 at 1:24 PM
    BortisYeltzen

BortisYeltzen Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Barrett
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Vehicle:
    2017 MGM TRD Off-road DCLB
    OV Tuned, Bilstein TRD Pro lift, ECGS bushing, Heated Clazzio's, RCI SKID TRILOGY, BAMF sliders, ARE V-Series shell, RokBlokz flaps, more to come
    Have you checked to see if you’re on the fuel pump recall? It might not be tune related at all.

XXT IS A BEAST!!!

BlackburnPete[QUOTED] and TWTaco like this.
  4. Sep 17, 2021 at 4:26 PM
    RuckusTRDPro

RuckusTRDPro Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeffrey
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma TRD Pro-Voodoo Blue
    It is interesting trying out the different tunes . I started on the reg gas lt and it was great. I now have 2 tanks in on the prem with aggressive. I didn’t feel the prem was really different then the regular but I did change throttles . I just loaded in the reg aggressive throttle to see if I could really tell a difference or if I should just save on gas.

I will say I do prefer the aggressive throttle it is more controllable.

PapaRee[OP] and TWTaco like this.
  5. Sep 17, 2021 at 5:15 PM
    cemented

cemented Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cole
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD PRO Cement AT Maggy 87mm
    I will be in San Francisco and available to tune KDMax from today 9/17 to Thursday 9/23. If anyone in the area is interested in the KDMax please let me know. Thank you.

Magiriano, PapaRee[OP] and TWTaco like this.
  6. Sep 17, 2021 at 6:07 PM
    TWTaco

TWTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Bay area get in touch with @cemented! All you guys that have been waiting on a KDMAX tuner to be in your area now is the time!!!!
    Don't miss out! :bananadance::bananadance::bananadance:

Magiriano, cemented and PapaRee[OP] like this.
  7. Sep 18, 2021 at 11:27 AM
    BlackburnPete

BlackburnPete Blackburn Pete

Member:
    Blackburn Hamlet, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD OR AC MT Black

No outstanding recalls for me.
    NO_RECALLS.jpg

shotgunbilly420 likes this.
  8. Sep 18, 2021 at 2:39 PM
    Citron

Citron Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oklahoma
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma TRD OR
    Just flashed KDmax 7.0. It makes a huge difference! I did regular gas and SLT throttle, very happy with it so far. I thought the SLT would be better for slow creeping off road.

9. Sep 19, 2021 at 10:22 AM
    GoatGod

GoatGod Active Member

Member:
    ‘21 stock manual transmission… I just got this truck a week ago with 1400 miles on it and I’ve put 400 miles on it so far. I got the xxt kdmax tune from phich in San Antonio yesterday, super easy experience nice and helpful dude. So far I am pleased with the change… less hesitation on acceleration, and the power is more evenly distributed throughout the full range of rpm. Before, there wasn’t much power to speak of until 3500rpm was reached and now I have more low rpm power accessible which suits my driving style. This makes the truck more enjoyable to drive. I was on the fence about whether to go with kd or coyoza and due to availability in my area went with kd. If I get to try coyoza in the future to compare, I will report back. So far I can def recommend the kd max for a manual, the improvements are a steal for the cost.

10. Sep 19, 2021 at 10:30 AM
    SpeySquatch

SpeySquatch Function over Form

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD OR DCSB
    C4Fab LoPro, BAMF Sliders, Ext ADS 2.5’s, 4.88's, OVTune (OG to KDMax)
    Is anyone still experiencing the power and feel when accelerating vs a linear throttle to power gain?

don’t get me wrong. The tune is amazing.

I just still notice this a little

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
  11. Sep 19, 2021 at 10:33 AM
    PapaRee

PapaRee [OP] Pro Tuner

Member:
    First Name:
    Kreg
    Prairieville, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    GTS Dobinson's lift-2.75", 33"-Wildpeak Atw3-18x9 -6 Offset ,265/70/18 tires, Raceline Assault wheels, Backflip G2 bed cover, Magnaflow exhaust, Pro tail lights, Pro fog lights, Pro grille, Raptor grille lights, Predator side steps, RedLine Hood Struts, Toyota bedmat, tinted windows, Retrofitted-BHLM-Amber Halo-Amber DRL-HID headlights, LED Highbeams, LED Hood Scoop lightbar, LED hidden bumper lightbar, LED under hood light, LED Bed lights, LED license plate lights, Tacoma tailgate 3d letters, Tacoma glovebox 3D letters, removed air dam, Custom TRD Sport emblems, Pro Shift Knob with Meso ECT Stealth button, Meso LED dome and map lights, Meso V3 smoked mirror turn signals, Meso Stage 2 Tail lights, Meso Mirror Puddle lights, Meso KC-5 Brake/Cargo light, Meso center console bucket with OG lid, Tailgate PNP kit, Garage door opener button in overhead console, Meso Minimalist keyfobs, Matte black Pro hood decal, KTJO4x4 Led door handle LED lights, Pioneer 6x9 3 way front speakers, Rockford Fosgate 6.75' rear speakers, TacoTunes tweeters, AJT black vent rings, JDM Gas cap cover.
    Glad to hear the good review/feedback!!
    We always have Manual transmission trucks asking for reviews.
    Thank you for your business!!

12. Sep 19, 2021 at 10:40 AM
    PapaRee

PapaRee [OP] Pro Tuner

Member:
    First Name:
    Kreg
    Prairieville, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    Our throttle is pretty linear.
    With a little steeper angle between 55-65 to prevent the "dead pedal" area.

upload_2021-9-19_12-37-29.jpg

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
    G8R_Taco, R2D2, Magiriano and 2 others like this.
  13. Sep 19, 2021 at 10:54 AM
    Chunk

Chunk I smell Ice Cream!

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Aiken, SC
    Vehicle:
    2016 DCSB OR
    Baby Ruth
    Reminds me… sending PM!

14. Sep 19, 2021 at 8:07 PM
    R2D2

R2D2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 MGM DCSB 4x4 Limited
    Towing package
    Did anything else change when you changed the “tip in”?

1Crusader likes this.
  15. Sep 20, 2021 at 8:00 AM
    Darkice

Darkice Well-Known Member

Member:
    Not that i noticed. the wife tip is the only one that seemed manageable to me while still having great linear power. the others were way to sensitive. it felt like the pedal was an on/off switch.
    So far i'm super happy with the power and the shifting is super smooth

1Crusader and shotgunbilly420 like this.
  16. Sep 20, 2021 at 3:17 PM
    cocephus

cocephus Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Vehicle:
    2021 Cement Tacoma TRD Sport
    This is probably a very stupid question, but if I choose to have one of your people do the tune what do I bring besides cash? I'll still need the OVTune correct? Or is that only needed for installing it myself. Also, warranty implications?

I have an MT with 1500 miles on it and it feels like an auto (no offense). And wtf is up with 3k rpm power surges.

17. Sep 20, 2021 at 3:20 PM
    TWTaco

TWTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    All you need is your truck and Payment. The tuner will do the rest. If you want to tune it yourself with the current software for VFC files. You can buy tune packs form PapaRee or TWTaco.

tclavell and cocephus[QUOTED] like this.
  18. Sep 20, 2021 at 3:22 PM
    PapaRee

PapaRee [OP] Pro Tuner

Member:
    First Name:
    Kreg
    Prairieville, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    -You do not need anything. We will connect to your truck, update it to the most up to date Toyota software, then install the KDMax tune.
    -After the tune, if the Dealership connects to your truck it will be up to date and show the stock ECU ID. So no problems with warranty.
    -You won't be disappointed, the tune will correct your problems.

19. Sep 20, 2021 at 3:25 PM
    cocephus

cocephus Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Vehicle:
    2021 Cement Tacoma TRD Sport
    Y'all rock with these quick replies. I messaged Nick out of Clarksville.

TWTaco and PapaRee[QUOTED][OP] like this.
  20. Sep 20, 2021 at 4:27 PM
    phdog

phdog Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Northern Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Off Road
    w/Super Terrific Happy Hour Mod
    How does that compare to the stock tune? To me it seemed like it took a lot more pedal to achieve a given speed or to get it to accelerate when at highway speeds. Around town I don't notice it, but on the highway it was kind of annoying.

To Top