1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Keep the auto, buy a manual or buy a sports car?

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by MachNumber99, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Sep 17, 2018 at 11:27 PM
    faultball

faultball Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    WHT2017SR5DCLB2WD
  2. Sep 18, 2018 at 5:43 AM
    unavailableTaco

unavailableTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Roy
    Grapevine Texas
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD PRO
    Full tank of gas
    I see all of these cool "dream cars" race cars not for the street that someone went to Youtube to get, but they are nothing that the OP can purchase which is what the thread started out to be. It seems to have taken a sick twisted Automotive Brand bashing, myself included.

Sorry OP.

So you get to pick a sports car, from Audi, BMW, Ford, GM, Dodge (SRT), Maserati, Porsche, Lamborghini, Fiat, Mazda, Jaguar, McLaren, Mercedes-AMG, Nissan, uh... I'm done.

3. Sep 21, 2018 at 12:40 PM
    TacoTejas

TacoTejas Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bart
    I mentioned earlier I had a '15 STI, which is still the same car produced today. If it wasn't for massive aftermarket support that car would be really boring after the newness wore off after a week or two. However, with mods it really comes alive.

The downfall for me is it still became somewhat boring living in boring North Texas where the roads are usually crappy and straight. This car belongs in regions that has mountains where the turbo can take advantage of the thin air that comes with high elevations and lots of twisty roads. And with proper tires it LOVES crappy winters. However, if I was starting from scratch, and based on where I live, I'd go the big displacement route, as the only thing that beats cubic inches is cubic money. For the money a Camaro SS 1LE is a bargain as it's a beast on ANY type/style of track.

But if I had the money and really wanted to destroy EVERYTHING, including liter bikes, at traffic lights and in 60-90 MPH pulls, I'd go with a Tesla P100D with Ludicrous Mode. A couple 0-60 runs in that and your passenger will be reaching for the barf-bag.

4. Sep 21, 2018 at 5:28 PM
    RushT

RushT Amateur Everythingist

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    '18 DCSB TRDOR Inferno
    This X3

5. Sep 21, 2018 at 5:59 PM
    RushT

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    '18 DCSB TRDOR Inferno
    This too. I had an S4 in a location I couldn’t take advantage of. I now have my CGTS and enjoy the crap out of it. Even if I only drive it once a week on average.

6. Sep 21, 2018 at 6:25 PM
    RushT

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    '18 DCSB TRDOR Inferno
    Driver demographics. Makes the stats for the wrx look bad.

7. Sep 22, 2018 at 8:04 AM
    Kwisak

Kwisak Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2018 Inferno Tacoma Off Road MT
    Pro grill Joying radio with wireless car play Hood decal Bed decal Pro skid Pro wheels 285/70/17 Sliders Blackout emblems Pro exhaust Pro intake Painted engine cover Ditch lights Tint Tacoma letters glove box Off-road wether tech inserts Lock box console Blackvue Orange trim Orange inserts Katzskin Weather tech Bed mat Hilift Tire locks Extra switch Rotopax Fox 2.5 fronts with 700lbs Kings Fox 2.0 rears with resi Icon rxt springs Icon Delta UCAs Meso side markers Meso gashole On order —— Avid bed rack SSO bumper Morimoto headlights and fogs Meso map lights and done light
    100%, the agent even told me it’s not expensive to fix and replace in the grand scheme of things but it happens too much because of who buys it.

8. Sep 22, 2018 at 8:41 AM
    RushT

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    '18 DCSB TRDOR Inferno
    You would think that they could easily parse out the age demographic as well, and sort you to the right risk bin. But perhaps getting too granular adds risk because you’re no longer in larger pools, which is good for the insurer... that reduces their ‘risk’. I say that tongue in cheek. When was the last time you heard of an insurance company going out of business short of huge natural disasters? I think there’s actually something in the rules/laws that says they get to reset their balance sheets every year and thus prior profits aren’t used when they want to declare bakruptcy. I could be wrong there.... memory fades.

9. Sep 22, 2018 at 9:47 AM
    Kwisak

Kwisak Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2018 Inferno Tacoma Off Road MT
    Pro grill Joying radio with wireless car play Hood decal Bed decal Pro skid Pro wheels 285/70/17 Sliders Blackout emblems Pro exhaust Pro intake Painted engine cover Ditch lights Tint Tacoma letters glove box Off-road wether tech inserts Lock box console Blackvue Orange trim Orange inserts Katzskin Weather tech Bed mat Hilift Tire locks Extra switch Rotopax Fox 2.5 fronts with 700lbs Kings Fox 2.0 rears with resi Icon rxt springs Icon Delta UCAs Meso side markers Meso gashole On order —— Avid bed rack SSO bumper Morimoto headlights and fogs Meso map lights and done light

Well that is true but I am only 28 now. So while I am not a idiot I am in the age range with them. No tickets or accidents.

10. Sep 22, 2018 at 12:38 PM
    x2akimbo

x2akimbo Well-Known Member

Member:
    Chicago
    Vehicle:
    '18 MGM Tacoma TRD OR MT
    The truck with the turbo set up wont be fast anyways and the money it will cost will add up real quick to actually have it run perfect. I love my truck, I got a manual, but Im a sucker for a little bit of speed also. My plan is in the winter to look for a clean C5 non z06 for like 10k and that will satisfy my want for some speed. Ive had 2 cars for a few years before and its the best of both worlds. Put on less miles on each car too. Sorry did not read all the pages and dont know if this was mentioned at all.

Products Discussed in

To Top